E46 Fanatics Forum banner

+whoooty+

40K views 263 replies 58 participants last post by  domcreates 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just wanted to start a progress thread to keep track of my cars progress.

It's going to be slow and not have very cool/expensive upgrades, so if you only like fast and/or expensive builds then just move on :) I'm going to do the best with the money that I have.

Car is a 1999 323i in Jet Black with a Tan interior.

Feel free to leave negative feedback but please keep it mature and helpful :hi:

Thank you,
Dom

See less See more
#170 ·
got new tires because I needed them and to hopefully get rid of the bad vibrations.

got the tires on and drove around, the really bad vibrations were still there. :(

Took the car to the shop to get diagnosed. It sounds like it might be my left rear wheel bearing. I just had the right rear one replaced.

They haven't had time to look at it yet.

Interior work will have to wait.

#173 · (Edited)
It is really loud when running? :( I didn't check those, it's at the shop already so they'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up though. I need the car fixed asap so I can get to work and not have to take my moms car lol :eek:

Also could be a minor bends in your wheels, might want to check those as well.
That could be it! The mechanic mentioned that a couple times a while ago that the wheel might have a slight bend. I'll call and ask him to check that out.

Thanks for the words of advice guys. When the mechanic tells me what's wrong, i'll ask you guys to see if I can fix it on my own.

#174 ·
The problem was the hub. Spent about $500 to fix it. Hopefully i'll be able to start the interior after my next pay check. GF is coming to visit at the end of July so I need to start saving money for that also lol

I wish all my hubs looked like this one we replaced

Before:

After:

#176 ·
Thanks man, you're saving for the gf or something else?

also my cars handling has either turned to **** or its a lot better than it has been and i'm not used to it.

I'm guessing this is because of the new tires of course, but why exactly?

I start taking a hard turn and it feels normal, then all of a sudden it cuts hard and I'm not turning the wheel anymore than I was...

Is it because of the different tread patterns? Because the tires were inexpensive? Or just that i'm not used to having a lot of tread on my rear tires since I came home from college and have been driving with barely any tread until now?

#194 ·
Bought the $25 rear right window regulator from ebay, installed it and window now works :) Also got the 38" Thule fairing for my roof rack. It got rid of all the whistling noises! Makes it look a lot better also imo. Also both racing seats are now installed in the front :D

LED Side markers, corners and interior bulbs are on their way as we speak.

Last thing to fix on the inside is my door panels. I'm going to dye the rear two black but the front two are way to beat up. I'm looking to buy the two front door panels in black, hit me up if you have any or see any for sale for a good price!

#198 ·
just some random pictures from the little trip I took with my gf these last couple weeks. only thing new on it is the LED corners and LED side markers.

I'm thinking about risking it and getting my drivers and passengers windows tinted again. this time as dark as my rear windows. I'm thinking this because... I only drive the car during the summer when i'm home from school. I don't have an ac so when I do drive the car my windows are down. When I park the car itll look dope with all black windows, and will keep my car cooler. what do you think? will tint shops even do it since it's illegal?

san francisco golden gate

monterey

moss landing

#204 ·
Nice progress. You've inspired me to sand and paint my stock 17" rims haha

#206 · (Edited)
Are you lowered? :)

Maybe I missed it, but do you have the vid of your jump?

I'm not gonna hate on your ride, as you seem to be slowly turning it around. Its definitely not easy to throw money at visual mods when so much maintenance is required. If you have the time and skill, start DIY'ing a lot of those things and you'll have tons left over for visual mods.

Personally, I think a clean ride with less going on is much nicer than a busy ride with a bunch of cheap mods. The M-tech will look nice once painted.
I do have a video but i'm at college now and the cd of the video is at home. I'll try to upload it to youtube during thanksgiving break.

Thanks man.

I do not have the skill but I wouldn't mind learning. The problem is that where I live the streets are not flat at all and I have no where to work on the car. I used to be able to drive it up onto some ramps to work on it but now it's too low to do that.

EDIT: also I don't have a garage or many tools :/

#220 ·
Do the graphite! It's a great color, much better than black imo. And it'll look black most of the time if you like the black look
Thanks i'll try it out!

#215 ·
I'm not sure... I'd love something darker that is not black... But kind of hard to find anything that different. Sort of tired of black but the black metallic looks sort of good (see test patch below. Then other times I get the urge to try all kinds of crazy shizzle, lol, obviously. It's fun to have options since you know you're about to strip anyway... :)

Attachments

#217 ·
So i'm a little worried about Khoalty

I ordered my LED smoked corners on august 2nd.

I received my order on august 6th.

One of the corners didn't work and I was in constant contact with Khoalty over email.

They said they would get ahold of Depo and have them send me a replacement.

I have been continuously bugging Khoalty by asking when it will arrive.

They keep saying it will. It is now september 5th.

They have gotten slower at responding over email but maybe they are just more busy. Either way I hope it arrives soon :/

#218 ·
khoalty has terrible customer service when the customer actually has a problem. i took them 4 weeks to ship out 1 replacement angel eye ring to me. They also lied and told me it was shipped on the first week when they never even went to the post office. be careful with them and goodluck

#227 ·
Been away from the forum for a little, glad to see youve taken a more respectable approach to modding

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.