E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2M views 18K replies 115 participants last post by  sly1types 
#1 ·
Hello folks! I'm just looking for all the "e46ers" in Kansas.... I feel so left out :bawling:. I cant find anyone else that does these cars around Johnson County! Met a really cool guy awile back and will be meeting him next weekend you can find his thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...664&highlight= . Other than him the only other person I know Has a 325xi with cheap ass wheels and hes a total douche! HE EVEN KEYED MY CAR AND IS TELLING EVERYONE I COPIED HIS "CAR IDEAS" AND MODDED MY CAR WITH HIS IDEAS BEFORE HE DID! :ben: :censor:. So anyway calling all Kansas E46 Fanatics!

#14,888 ·
LOL, I hate when that happens.

Looks like Ground Control didn't get around to shipping my Weight jacks untill late last night. That's the second item that they've taken their time on to ship :hmm:
That's why I order my GC stuff from BimmerWorld, they have guys that push orders so that they get sent out on time. That and they carry a bunch of stuff in stock.

#14,889 ·
Baller status, just got my NASA TT licence approved. Now all I have to do is do a NASA race school to get my comp license. Now I just have to find one, I don't think they are doing any in the Central or the Rocky Mountain region in 2012.

#14,891 ·
Yessur.

Just got tracking for 1/2 the splitter, gets here Monday. The splitter itself should be shortly behind. Now I just need to figure out why the car is running like poop. :ben:

#14,896 ·
Just got off the phone with the guys from Dr. Vanos, they were super helpful. Apparently there is a super tight procedure to follow when installing the vanos and if not done correctly can cause the timing to fall out by a couple degrees. Since I didn't follow any type of procedure and just bolted that biotch back on we think this is the cause of my rough idle and timing problem. He e-mailed me the TIS which I am going through right now. Hopefully I can get it running good tonight.

#14,902 ·
Cars finally back together and running. I only had it running for a minute or two because it's to damn loud to be running in my apartment garage but everything sounded/looked good. I checked all around for leaks and couldn't find any, doesn't mean they won't show up down the road but lets hope not. I have a super healthy engine, so I'm glad I caught this problem now. Hopefully I can beat the hell out of that thing for another 85k miles, then LS7. :evil:

Front splitter parts show up Monday and Tuesday so you better believe I'm gonna have that bad boy on Tuesday night. Wing will ship next week, Imma need a couple people to help out with that thing, so let me know who's down.

#14,903 ·
I've got a slight issue. I replaced my passenger side window regulator last night and now I've got an airbag light on. I followed the one of the DIY's that was posted on here and even made sure the keep the battery disconnected while the airbag was unplugged and still got an airbag light. How do I go about resetting that light?

#14,904 ·
Airbag reset tool or a GT1. For both the dealer is your best bet. Indy shops normally don't have either of those.

#14,918 ·
Just a little tease pic of something I will be doing on my car within the next couple weeks. Can you guess what it is?

Attachments

#14,920 · (Edited)
LOL, smaller. More in the details.

I did speak with the cage builder I've choosen to go with in Colorado and we're starting to work something out. I will for sure have a full cage, nets, fire supression, cut off switch, etc. when I move back home. I will be ready to go W2W racing.

Edit: also when the time comes to get rid of my passanger seat I will be fabing a side exit exhaust. The time for ride alongs is soon coming to an end.

#14,927 ·
That is so beautiful!!

BTW, those footwell protections are pretty sweet. My cousin got into a wreck in a trailblazer and the passenger floorboard completely cave in and destroyed her feet. Many pins, plates, and surgeries later and she can walk normal now, but damn did that floorboard fold in like a tin can!

#14,925 ·
Very nice. I just got my NASA provisional TT license approved. Yeah buddy.

#14,926 ·
Did you pick up on how I'm replacing the rubber flex thing in line with the steering column? I think it will help restore some of the handling. That, plus the springs and camber ane about to change my car ALOT. The Porsche is starting to look less and less like a comparison :4ngie:

#14,928 ·
Yeah I just replaced mine as well, pretty easy job to do. I choose to do mine while I had the front subframe removed.

That is so beautiful!!

BTW, those footwell protections are pretty sweet. My cousin got into a wreck in a trailblazer and the passenger floorboard completely cave in and destroyed her feet. Many pins, plates, and surgeries later and she can walk normal now, but damn did that floorboard fold in like a tin can!
Yeah, from the main hoop forward my cage will be almost identical. For the rear, I'm doing this. It will then tie back into the pain hoop via some traingulation and X brace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.