E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Brian N's 330i Progress Thread: It's about time.

137K views 179 replies 79 participants last post by  modjo 
#1 ·
This is my progress/build thread for my 2001 330i, been around here for a while never posted one of these up thought it was about time. My car came stock with the sport pack with M-Aero(M-tech I) kit and stock m68's. It is my first and only car to date.

OEM Clears.

Got me some TSE3 Cat-back action.

Then came the Molded Arqray on OEM MT2 front (Thanks to Patdeezy... later sold to w0w/Daron :shhh:) AKA the SGC legacy bumper. Also OEM M-tech 2 rear.

Thought I was gonna do the whole trade up to an M3 thing. :rolleyes: Stock again.:banghead: Everything sold except m-tech 2 rear.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
THE RETURN 2011

First mod: Double Sided Vorst hood. (Brownie points for who can tell me what member it's from :D )

Second mod: OEM M-tech 2 front (sitting inside car)

I was starting to miss my TSE3 styled tips... so I got this instead.

Sqaure wheel action APEX 18x9.5 et 35 only weigh 18lbs!! :excited:

Tires mounted 255/35 Michelin Super Sports

Suspension overhaul time!

New OEM ZHP Control arms
HD control arm bushings
New Tie Rods
Steering Coupler
M3 Split Case RTABs with Vorshlag limiters (not pictured)

Rouge RSM's

Vorshlag Camber Plates

AST 4100 with 550F/650R springs.

More pictures to come this weekend gotta wash the car first. :rofl:

(Updated Pics Page 2 -12/11)

#8 · (Edited)
Not yet.. but I'll get some soon.
wow...My guess as to who sold you that vcf would be Brandon ..
Nope... keep guessing.

god damn!!!!

Jealous man!! I should have gone with 9.5 square.
Yeah they are pretty cool, the ARC's are awesome though. They don't feel any heavier than my m68's off the line which is amazing!

i touched myself every night for the past year waiting for this thread to be made :eeps:

cant wait to see the final outcome brian! is that pat's old hood? im stoked for ya man, feels like a year ago when i bought that bumper off you :rofl:
:rofl:

Close Daron.... very close. Yeah man... I can't believe it has been that long. It was a great bumper. Time flies!

#6 ·
i touched myself every night for the past year waiting for this thread to be made :eeps:

cant wait to see the final outcome brian! is that pat's old hood? im stoked for ya man, feels like a year ago when i bought that bumper off you :rofl:

#9 ·
Yeah I was gonna do 265's in the front too... but I sorta chickened out because of the Michelin's beefy sidewalls. I didn't think I would have enough clearance. Right now I just have the fronts rolled, and running some negative camber with the camber plates. I have to get it all fine tuned though I need to drop another inch as well.

#17 ·
Haha sure thing... after finals next week I will be pretty free.

damnn, gotta love the PROPER suspension job. ASTs are no joke and quite a big chunk of change haha. Easily the best coilovers for our cars. Atleast you're doin it right OP. Posts updates sooon.
Thanks!
fuuck damn it this is the most expensive thread i've ever opened.

I hate you/ i love you.
:luv:

WTF brian. really?

man, i want those rims!

can't wait for all that stuff to be done, my sedan twin! lol.

you'll have fun with that suspension. i'm rollin' the same spring rates. :craig:
Yeah I'm back in business!!

Rims are pretty cool, it is almost exactly what I was searching for back in the day a super lightweight concave CSL styled wheel.

I still remember when we had the same sig. :rofl:

Love the suspension so far... now I gotta get some sways... maybe I'll buy it for myself as a Christmas present.

#24 ·
Definitely subscribed. Awesome stuff, man...looking forward to updates.

Oh, and Jojo's old hood? :shhh:
Thanks Jun! Updates will come soon I will try to make you proud. :D

We have a Winner!! :excited:

Ugh this looks so good. If you get the 255's to fit without issue, 265's are a must on the next set of tires.
Yeah for sure gonna do 265's next time if I still have these wheels.

if its not pats its gotta be jojo's.

lookin good brian! hope everything is well dude.
Yup... it's Jojo's. Thanks man everything is going pretty good.

youre doing it right!! :thumbsup:
Thanks! :)

#21 ·
Ugh this looks so good. If you get the 255's to fit without issue, 265's are a must on the next set of tires.

#27 ·
Thanks! Your set up is awesome as well, AST's FTW. Yeah I really should have went with the 265's, it would have been awesome. Next time around I guess.

good work so far

makes me want to do a build thread. maybe next year lol
Haha yeah I will force you to do that shiit. We need to work on our cars this week after finals.

#35 · (Edited)
Yeah... I know. :facepalm:
Nice! I remember our discussion about the TSE3 just not really being an appealing sounding exhaust, and both of us getting relentlessly flamed. :rofl:

I wish I had the dough for the coilovers and suspension overhaul components you're installing!

Thanks! Yeah... sometimes you just gotta know when to quit. Fanboyism is a hard thing to overcome. :rofl:

woohoo nice dude!!
:D

Nice whip & project!
Thanks!

In for pictures with the wheels mounted:popcorn:
Coming shorty.

#36 · (Edited)
So here are some really quick pics. I still need to lower more we just threw the coils on last week Sillie and I ran out of time to adjust them. I needed to get to work/school. I also need to get some spacers to push them out a little more.

Things done since last exterior shot:

-OEM M-tech 2 bumper installed
-OEM M3 Mirrors installed
-Vorst Hood Filled and Painted
-Titanium Headlight trim changed to black
-Matte black grills
-Body Trim Painted Black

(Sorry for crappy pics... no post processing at all. I have yet to install Photoshop on my new comp. :facepalm:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.