E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Need new tires

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  elhombre 
#1 ·
With the rain hitting socal I've realized how bad my sumitomo tires are every time the car loses traction on the freeway. I hate sumitomo with a passion for the low quality of their tires as I've had nothing but bad experiences with these.
When a 96 camry takes a corner on the 110 fwy faster than I can, during the rain, there's a problem. The damn car lost traction trying to keep up with that guy going at around 50 mph!!
And the damn NOISE has been painfully loud for the last few months and all 4 tires still have approximately 30% thread if not more.

I've been looking around and came across ContiExtremecontact tires which have pretty good reviews and an affordable price tag. Anyone with experience with these or is there a better option out there?
I'm not overly concerned about the whole "all weather" features considering the car will not see much rain and majority of those summer tires are more than enough for the light rains we get in socal.
I did find the front tire size (235/40/18) on tirerack as well as discount tires but I'm having a hard time finding the same brand/model tires for my rears (265/35/18)

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I've heard good reviews about the Kumho Invo tires, not a bad price for about $120 for my tire set up 25/45/r17. Those will be my next set of tires =]

But right now im running Kumho Ecsta All Seasons, i can hit 70 in the rain even though im not supposed to >=] but i dont suggest u try it either lol i just happend to be going that speed on a freeway that is going downhill <33
They hold pretty good cornering at about 45-50mph.
Pretty cheap too for about $90.
I got mine at Discount tires btw.

#3 ·
I had kumho on a honda some years back and those things last forever, but I didn't like the handling.

I'm liking the conti's since they are around $100 range with great reviews.

tirerack buddies got any ideas' on which way I should go?

#6 ·
just bought 3rd set of yokahama avs es100s. staggered, 225/45 zr17 front, 245/40 zr17 rear.$117 each, from tire rack-shipping included.I've heard good & bad about these tires. I like 'em-great handling dry, good wet, a little noisey. Been getting 25000 miles of "spirited" driving. Yokahama is discontinuing this tire(been around for a while),tire rack still had them in stock a month ago. I think its a great tire for the price. I always realign with each new set of tires-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.