E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My ESS TS2 install, it all starts NOW! :)

54K views 337 replies 30 participants last post by  fmzip 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you may know, I purchased Elio's TS2 kit. For those who haven't been following along:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518834

Had my baseline dyno run today. After the first pull and smoke coming out of the left rear wheel,maybe the strap was on the exhaust. :yikes:Hmmm.

Second run, coming to the end car maxs out at 150hp now theres flames shooting out of my caliper wtf?? :hmm:Jack up the car, wheel spins freely. Maybe the ebrake was stuck.

Next run, coming to an end the rotor is glowing red, real nice red flames coming out of my caliper.....:censor:
Take the wheel off, brake pads look fine. Take my brand new cross drilled rotor off that is now a nice glazy looking color, what do we find??? The smoldering remains of the ebrake pad....clean everything up, here's the results. One run in 4th, one in fifth. I guess these first runs all should have be done in 4th since it hits top speed in 5th before it hits redline, duh! Such a noobie on this stuff but oh well! Does this look normal/good? Car has 68K on it completely stock....old plugs, coils, fuel filter and fuel pump. All these items will be replaced in the process.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Started the project today! Since the car had 68K on it, I replaced the fuel pump, plugs, boots and coils. Still need to replace the fuel filter......

I then removed the ECU to send out to ESS. Then I took the bumper off and mounted the intercooler and pump. Here are some pics:

#11 ·
Our ECU's will probably arrive there at the same time (mine is being shipped out tommorrow as well). :thumbsup:

#15 · (Edited)
Hey Elio......

I'll make sure that I don't crop "her" out in the next pic. That's an autographed poster of Cheryl Bachman about 15 years ago :)

Hey Amar...I still have that Zaino sitting here for you too! You have a Benz now? E55, E350, E500? I had an 05 E320 for a couple years....it was white with a blue interior.....Love the white Benz!

Fran

#19 ·
Hey Elio......

Hey Amar...I still have that Zaino sitting here for you too! You have a Benz now? E55, E350, E500? I had an 05 E320 for a couple years....it was white with a blue interior.....Love the white Benz!

Fran
Oh yeah, we'll definitely have to meet up and I'll pick up the Zaino too! I actually got the lowest model Benz they had at the time (C230), but I have big plans for it during the Spring/Summer. :thumbup:

Maybe I'll get my DPE's and coilovers by the time you get the kit up and running, and we can meet up then. :)

And sorry about butchering your name, I knew it began with an 'f" and ended with an "n". :(

#17 ·
I have no idea... ESS is taking care of all that (they just told me that the engine cover decal would ship separately from the S/C and engine cover). :)

#23 ·
Which to get? This still looks nice too:
Wow... that's different than the other ESS CF engine covers I've seen... i was only aware of 2 kinds... one that just says ESS with the lines like the OEM BMW cover, and the other one which has a decal that says, "Supercharged by ESS Tuning".

Yeah, you have a tough choice... the red one you posted looks nice, especially if your goal is to add more color to your engine bay. :)

#21 ·
I have never been a fan of plain carbon fiber for engine covers. The engine bay is boring enough already so some color looks good, but it has to match the rest of your car. Looks like your interior is grey so no worries there. Plan on a BBK in a matching color, custom trunk for your ICE in the same color, etc...

#25 ·
#26 ·
I knew I saw that picture somewhere! I'm having a tought time deciding, there is a big difference in price between the two....I may have to be practical on this!

What gauges did you decide on? I have a spare ashtray which I plan to use since I have NAV.

#27 ·
Good luck on the CF engine cover purchase! Either way you won't go wrong! :)

I decided on the VDO Vision Series gauges. I saw Stuart's (330i ZHP) gauge setup earlier this past weekend (he has the boost, oil temp, and oil pressure gauges mounted in the LeatherZ gauge panel that gets placed in the sunglass holder area) and I really liked that setup... I could see the gauges PERFECTLY and they didn't seem too low or anything.

In fact, I was at a car shop open house and they wound up having a brand new VDO oil temp gauge still in it's original packaging so they gave me a good discount on it and I purchased it. So I only need the boost and oil pressure gauges now.

My mechanic is going to help me out by installing whatever sensors/wires/tubing needed so that I can take my time to purchase the other 2 gauges and all that would be needed at that time would be to connect the gauges to the wiring he puts in place this week.

#28 ·
I was reading your posts and I was going to suggest you run the wires etc while you were doing the install.

I just ordered a uuc gauge plate that I will make fit where the ashtray was. I was curious if Stuart was able to get the leather z "block" to fit with his setup or not......

#29 ·
Yeah, if you mean the leather gauge panel that LeatherZ sells then yes, Stuart has that setup in his car... basically that panel replaces the sunglass holder area as you already know. :)

I've never seen the UUC gauge plate... pics?

#32 ·
Is that where the UUC silver one normally gets installed? If so then it's not the same spot as the LeatherZ one... the LeatherZ one installs where the sunglass holder is whereas in that pic of Tim's car the silver panel is where the ashtray resides.

Congrats on the engine cover! Can't wait to see pics when it's all done! :)

Oh, and I actually am seriously thinking about getting the gauge panel wrapped in CF. :shhh: :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.