E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Most Reliable F/I For e46 M3?

5K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  StefanM3 
#1 ·
Hey guys, looking for a bit more power than the 280-300whp that n/a mods can yield, but not at a great sacrifice of reliability. What are the more reliable forms of F/I out there, and is there a specific kit you'd recommend for the S54 that is famous for being a fairly trouble-free setup?

Thanks in advance.

-Evan

#3 · (Edited)
So, is the AA Stg 2 SC the most reliable setup for reasonable gains? I've got the AA clutch/flywheel on the list as well, plus subframe reinforcements - what else can I do to add to the reliability of a SC setup?

I've also heard good things about the VF setup. Anyone give a good pro/con to each?

-Evan

#4 ·
So, is the AA Stg 2 SC the most reliable setup for reasonable gains? I've got the AA clutch/flywheel on the list as well, plus subframe reinforcements - what else can I do to add to the reliability of a SC setup?

-Evan
It is. Out of the box our Supercharger set ups will make you very happy.

#7 ·
Hey Evan,

We like to let our customers experiences help potential customers to decide if our products best suit their needs. You may want to read some reviews of our products.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=603131

Good Luck and PM me if you have any further questions! :thumbsup:

#8 · (Edited)
Hello,

At the moment we are the most reliable kit in the market. I hope no one gets offended by this. We have sold kits all over the world and continue to support all of our kits with upgrades and changes to fit the end user.

We are now on our 4th Generation system (hardware/software) on our Rotrex kits and now offer an ASA kit. We are always tweaking and working on our shop cars to find the best combination's to ensure our kit not only remains a very high quality system but we are working to make it better.

Software is commonly overlooked in regards to kits on the S54 :cry: which greatly affects the kits performance (otherwise it is just a box of parts). We have the ability to tune in house, including custom tuning cars in Australia, Japan and Europe. Which is very rare, especially in the US market.

There are countless threads of our customers cars out performing themselves over the years. :)

I am sure a simple search of our kits will be able to answer all of your questions. However if you have any questions you would like to have me answer feel free to post, pm, im, email or call me. :pimpin:

P.S.
IMHO having the peace of mind that the company you choose to go with will be working on perfecting products for your model in a few years (let alone support your kit) is more than enough to sway my choice into one direction over the other.

#9 ·
Hello Evan:

Not only was ESS Tuning the first to supercharge the E46 M3, but we never had to change the kit into new generations as the first design is still running strong. Just check out the Loaded CSL holding the Nürburgring street car track record. For your M3, we originally offered a Vortech-Based kit and now offer a ASA-based kit as well capable of 700hp. We R&D and manufacture in house as well as tune all kits ourselves with no outside help. Our only business is supercharging BMWs which allows us to focus all of our energy and time into making them the best.

Reliablity is the #1 concern when designing our supercharger systems. That is why they are track-tested, street-tuned, and must pass our strict durability tests. These tests include hour-long top speed load runs on the Autobahn and rigorous laps at the Nürburgring in Germany. Not to mention driving 50,000 endurance miles on each kit design before they ever hit the market. Our kits must maintain stock drivablity or else we wont sell them. We may not brag about having the highest dyno numbers, but our supercharger kits for 100,000+ miles with perfect drivability, great power, and little to no maintenance or trouble. That is what we strive for.

We sell over 1,000 supercharger kits a year around the world and more and more of them are coming to the US. We have the only BMW twin-screw supercharger system, were first to boost MS45, and the only supercharger kit for the Z4M (with a S54 engine like yours) on the planet. And more to come!

We welcome any questions!

- ESS

#10 ·
Damn these people are fighting for your dollar...id say from see all three in person they are pretty close. Id say fight for best dollar value because as soon as its on your car it drops %40 in value if not more. FIGHT FIGHT!!!

#13 ·
or you could put on the HPF stage 2 kit and walk them all.

626 RWHP FTW
yeah i would look into HPF...a lot of money but its quality,perfect fit,and if something were to ever go wrong HPF will take care of you always. plus who wouldnt like 760bhp:excited:

#16 ·
I think all the vendors listed above offer a quality product. However, as much as I like HPF, I have to say that any vendor that races their kit out of the box in the One Lap of America, and not only survives, but wins -- gets my vote for reliability/durability... AA ftw

#20 · (Edited)
I for one must say that it's very refreshing to have a number of vendors contributing to a thread here who have managed to focus their contributions around their own product offerings without bashing competing vendors or taking them to task over kit details or marketing claims.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :thumbsup:

#21 ·
HPF ftw just sell a body part you dont need

#25 ·
HPF FTW +1. id still go with HPF. they are awesome!

#26 ·
I would go with ESS. I have their first CFR700 that they built and it is just going. I drive the car very hard and most of the miles on it is on the racetrack and I just put gas in it and turns the key and drives away. I never had a single problem with it, I absolutley love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.