E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Differential problems ??

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fastjasonbmw 
#1 ·
Hello,

Can one of you help me !! I have been to 3 garages who claim to be experts with BMW and they do not correct the problem. Here is my problem.

I own a 2006 BMW 325 XI 6-speed manual with 137,000 KM. When I am in 1st gear stopped and take off turning right or left, at 24 km the car will feel like it is slipping, no power. After I accelerate there is no more problem, well actually I think the car is missing power in any gear.

One garage replaced my drive shaft saying that it was broken. The drive shaft was broken but the car still has the same problem. I took it back and he now tells me that there is a chain in the differential that is lose. I told him to wait for the repair as it's $1100 to repair.... help ? what should I do ? does someone have had the same problem ?

#7 ·
Had a E90 in my shop a while ago w/ similar condition. 1st time it came in, it felt like a hesitation @ 3k rpm, customer didn't have time for further diagnosis. I performed a fuel injector flush, but the condition persisted. Customer took the car and promised to bring it back for more diagnosis. About a month later, the car came back with a loud rattling/grinding noise. I drained the transfer case and the fluid looked like wet cement. Buy a new or used (low mileage) transfer case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.