E46 Fanatics Forum banner

How much did you have to pay to install your HR Cup Kit?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  PrecisionX 
#1 ·
My inspection is due in January and I'm expecting to have to replace my stock sport suspension and wanted to go the simple best bang for buck route of an HR Cup Kit (Sport) and was wondering if it was an easy DIY or if I'd be better off having a shop do it? How much in labor should I expect to pay?

#2 ·
I did mine myself, pretty easy, but you should expect to pay 150-250.

#4 ·
You need a spring compressor set to assemble the cup kit.

But anyway, the diy is super simple.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

#8 ·
Get yourself "a guy", or do the installation yourself.

As others have said, the DIY is super simple. You'll learn something out of it too.
I personally wouldn't get the kit with H&R race springs. I haven't used them personally - but people who have experience with many suspension setups, and value their ride comfort have been overall dissapointed with them (or so I've heard). If you do end up getting them - let us know how they feel!

#9 ·
I want as much simple performance as possible and though I like a nice ride I'm not afraid of a performance ride as long as I have the handling to back it up.

I'm not afraid of the work, I am afraid of the springs though because I don't have a compressor and that job is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. I'm wondering if I paid a shop to put the springs on the parts and then just bolt the parts on my self and go get an alignment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.