E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Looking for budget track suspension package

11K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  dan_1337 
#1 ·
I have a 330ci that I mainly use for lapping. The car is registered but I don't use it much on the street.

At present I have a $900 Bilstein H&R suspension package on my car. This winter I have upgraded the stock swaybars to Hotchiks.

The improvement with the new swaybars was truly deceiving.

Is there a budget track suspension option for the 330ci ? I want to have much firmer springs and shocks to reduce body roll.

I don't want to spend $4000 on a pure race suspension. I would rather buy an M3.

#8 · (Edited)
Ground Control has their setups on sale right now. Track/School = $1749 with camber plates.
This. IMO, the GC Koni single adjustable kits are damn good for the money, but I wouldn't go beyond 650F/700R springs. Their SAE hardware does frustrate the hell out of me though. TC Kline is also good, but is somewhat more expensive last I checked.
How about adding stiffer bushings to the whole suspension system?
Good idea, at minimum upgrade the FCABs the RTABs. Check all other mounts and bushings, especially engine and trans mounts.

For the love of god, don't get BCs or Racelands.

#9 ·
This. IMO, the GC Koni single adjustable kits are damn good for the money, but I wouldn't go beyond 650F/700R springs. Their SAE hardware does frustrate the hell out of me though. TC Kline is also good, but is somewhat more expensive last I checked.

Good idea, at minimum upgrade the FCABs the RTABs. Check all other mounts and bushings, especially engine and trans mounts.

For the love of god, don't get BCs or Racelands.
I wanna start by saying that in no way am I fan of BC coils but for the money I can't argue that they are a good option. The only problem I see with them is build quality, other than that you can get a DA coilover custom valved with linear race springs (of your choice) with the option for a true rear coilover. They also come with RSM's and camber plates. You get all that for the same price as a GC/koni setup that you still have to buy plates and RSM's for. So I think for the money and as a beginner setup they could be a good choice.

Why do you feel that they are so bad.

#13 · (Edited)
Umm no. No comparison to GC or TCK, especially if he is trying to get rid of body roll.

FK Konigsports or FK SilverLine Plus X both use Koni adjustable shocks (great quality and easy to dial in), the Konigsports are very budget friendly. You can check out both HERE

He asked for a good "track" suspension on a budget. Not the cheapest thing you sell.
I have the best setup for 500 bucks raceland fronts b&g springs the rear with bilstein sports.. Sway bars and powerflex poly bushings up front handles like a beast
Please stop. If you came into tech inspection and you had Racelands, I wouldn't let you drive. 4srs

OP you aren't going to see much, if any improvement over what you have unless you go to something with a linear spring like the GC or TCKline kit. Both are similar in performance and price. (I prefer TCK) Without going to a double adjustable or full race shock, these two are the best packages available under $2k.

#4 ·
Hit up Ryan@GF-Performance he is a sponsor here and can set you up with a set of BC-Racing coils. They are great for someone that is on a budget but wants a coilover setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.