E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 261 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #741
tczwoju

My Ride: BMW,VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by VpointVick View Post
Because you've got the camera power wired to the reverse lights it'll only be powered when you're in reverse, so if you don't have the car in reverse when you hook it to the Vid AUX in to test it won't display anything. Conversely, if you don't have the green reverse wire connected to a source that's triggered by the back up light switch then the head unit won't know to look for the camera.

One of th eAudi forums might be a better place to try and find out what color wire to look for to tie into for a trigger, but worse comes to worse you can always run a wire forward from the reverse light itself, where you tied into to power the camera, and connect that to the green wire from the head unit. Many video cables for backup cameras already come with a wire built in for this very purpose so you only have to have the one cable routed forward for both functions.

Hi,

I have already this cable wired in place.The only wire I cannot figure out is "reverse detecting green" as in Dynavin A5 wiring seems to be different fron Dynavin generally and I dont have schematic for Dynavin Audi A5 harness.

I will try few others but dont want to burn anything.

Cheers

Woj
tczwoju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #742
VpointVick

My Ride: '03 325iT Mysticblau
Quote:
Originally Posted by tczwoju View Post
Hi,

I have already this cable wired in place.The only wire I cannot figure out is "reverse detecting green" as in Dynavin A5 wiring seems to be different fron Dynavin generally and I dont have schematic for Dynavin Audi A5 harness.

I will try few others but dont want to burn anything.

Cheers

Woj
Connect the red wire on that cable to the positive side of the reverse light at the back. the same place that you're getting power for the camera, then connect the other end to the green REVERSE wire on the Dynavin.

You do have that one extra wire coming off of the A harness, right?

Last edited by VpointVick; 05-14-2017 at 12:24 PM.
VpointVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #743
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
He probably does not have a reverse wire since he has an audi.....most of the audi dynavin units did this via the canbus.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #744
tczwoju

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions View Post
He probably does not have a reverse wire since he has an audi.....most of the audi dynavin units did this via the canbus.

Guys,

I have already had this cables connected and there was no picture.I have a replacement camera coming to double check if this is not a camera problem.

I will report back once I figure it out.

Thanks

Last edited by tczwoju; 05-17-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #745
tczwoju

Quote:
Originally Posted by tczwoju View Post
Guys,

I have already had this cables connected and there was no picture.I have a replacement camera coming to double check if this is not a camera problem.

I will report back once I figure it out.

Thanks
Okay,

Secret was in grey loose wire called 360 on the back of Dyavin A5 unit. I would never guess that. Now camera is working nicely but another problem is that reverse light power doesn't like to power up camera, voltage drops as soon as engine starts, camera goes black. So I had pulled a power for camera from cigarette lighter fuse and use reverse power only for trigger unit and it works well.

Woj
Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #746
P_Monty

My Ride: 330Ci Msport
I wonder if you've got a bad connection on the reversing lights?
P_Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #747
tczwoju

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Monty View Post
I wonder if you've got a bad connection on the reversing lights?
HI ,

no problems with bad connection.It is know issue with Audi cars,many people have the same problem.I guess it is due to low power provided to the reverse lights only.Some people have to use a relay.To much electronics.

Cheers

Woj

Last edited by tczwoju; 05-19-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #748
Hisdem

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Update on my issue with the BAVSOUND speakers: the issue seemed to be software related. Did a "factory reset" through the N6 unit, no problems have occurred since. In fact, SQ has gotten considerably better. Many thanks to Jeff for quick and efficient support.
Hisdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:32 AM   #749
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM   #750
sj84

My Ride: 2000 323i
Hi all

I'm new so please forgive me if this is an inappropriate thread for this.

I recently installed a brand new N6 (1.3.0) in my 323 and have found a couple of irritating glitches. In reading the posts I seem to be alone so I wonder if I've installed something incorrectly:

1. Whenever the unit powers on it immediately starts playing either radio or from the SD card regardless of if it was playing when powered down. Is the unit being reset every time?
2. Related to above and by far the most irritating. I installed a reversing camera too, powered by the reverse lights but if used when the unit is powered off the picture comes up fine but it insists on playing the last thing played with no way to stop it (volume and pause/play inoperable) and is only stopped by taking it out of reverse, powering on, then stopping the automatic playing of music (above) THEN going back into reverse. Any ideas?!
3. Bought the DVB radio unit and it's a bit rubbish, drops every 5 secs for 1 sec despite having a full DVB signal icon?
4. Normal FM radio very poor-looked like there were 2 input cables in the dash, tried both and both were poor. Does it need some sort of amp?
5. Anyone know of a quick way to restore the Satnav speaking volume if you accidentally turn it down? The 2 different volumes are operated by the wheel controls but if you turn the voice instructions down it's impossible to bring them without rooting around in the settings?

Finally, if you install the iLink does that mean you can't use the DVB unit? Anyone got experience of the TV DAB vs normal radio DAB?

Thanks!!
Sam
sj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #751
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i,05 745,03 X5
I'm sure all of this will be resolved and will be made right. My Dynavin N6 is absolutely awesome and has worked flawless since install. I can't help with all your issues but concerning the navigation voice volume I think you can adjust the voice volume on the regular volume knob while the nav is speaking to you. Try loading in a destination and as soon as the voice comes on adjust the volume knob and it should default to adjusting the navigation voice. If not there are several different areas in all the settings menus both for the unit itself and the navigation program where volumes can be adjusted. It took me a while before I got everything dialed in just because this unit does so much so just be patient with it and you will love the N6. Hopefully you bought your unit from a reputable source so you have good support but regardless Jeff will no doubt be along here to help answer any questions. Good luck.