How much did you pay for your E46? - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #41
Dave in D.C.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 17
My Ride: 2003 330xi
Great thread: And what Angel Eyes would you recommend for my car?

Great thread. Love all the mods people have done. I am new to BMW, just bought my first one three months ago -- a 2003 330xi with only 52,000 miles on it from the woman who owned it, and she was the only owner. She had full maintenance records and had done things like replace all four window regulators, the clips for the sunroof, valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket and both CV assemblies. The car was mint cosmetically except for a small scrape on rear bumper, peeling clear coat on the front bumper and a worn-out windshield cowl. I paid $9,800 cash for it and I had to because another bidder was offering 10K, but he needed to get a loan and she took my cash offer.

Here is what I have done so far, mostly because of the guidance I have gotten on this site: Both bumpers wet-sanded and recoated and they look great; Headlight covers restored;
New windshield cowl; Replaced fuel pump, filter and relay; Replaced battery; Did the complete cooling system overhaul last weekend (everything on the Mango sticky, including pulleys and belts).

This week am on to CCV kit, intake boots, Vanos seals rebuild (and new hose).

My SES light came on and I bought an OBDII scanner. Then the light went back off. It came on again a few days later, then went off again. It is off now. The scan shows no active codes but shows a stored code for system running lean. Am hoping when I do the CCV kit and intake boots it will take care of it. I'm pretty sure the intakes are cracked and the CCV separator and hoses are probably in need of replacement.

Car runs great, looks great. Very fun to drive. And even though it only had 52,000 miles on it when I got it, a lot of the stuff I replaced includes plastic parts that had deteriorated due to the car being 12 years old. Thought it best to address those parts. Indeed, I just noticed that my windshield washer fluid tank is cracked and needs to be replaced.

I know nothing about headlights and upgrades such as Angel Eyes. I think some of them look cool, others look awful. Would welcome suggestions on what would look good with my steel blue car. Thanks Fanatics!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW_330xi2.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	619419   Click image for larger version

Name:	330xi_interior_03.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	619420   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW330xi_rear.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	619421   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW_headlight_clearcoat.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	619422  

Dave in D.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #42
tcphoto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 1,644
My Ride: E92 335 MT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rweber330i View Post
Nice, Do you enjoy the convertible?
I do but I'd prefer a coupe. Perhaps I'll look for one in a year or so and start the maintenance cycle all over again.
__________________
tcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #43
HOODY007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Boston, MA & Dunwoody, GA
Posts: 469
My Ride: '04 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in D.C. View Post
Great thread. Love all the mods people have done. I am new to BMW, just bought my first one three months ago -- a 2003 330xi with only 52,000 miles on it from the woman who owned it, and she was the only owner. She had full maintenance records and had done things like replace all four window regulators, the clips for the sunroof, valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket and both CV assemblies. The car was mint cosmetically except for a small scrape on rear bumper, peeling clear coat on the front bumper and a worn-out windshield cowl. I paid $9,800 cash for it and I had to because another bidder was offering 10K, but he needed to get a loan and she took my cash offer.

Here is what I have done so far, mostly because of the guidance I have gotten on this site: Both bumpers wet-sanded and recoated and they look great; Headlight covers restored;
New windshield cowl; Replaced fuel pump, filter and relay; Replaced battery; Did the complete cooling system overhaul last weekend (everything on the Mango sticky, including pulleys and belts).

This week am on to CCV kit, intake boots, Vanos seals rebuild (and new hose).

My SES light came on and I bought an OBDII scanner. Then the light went back off. It came on again a few days later, then went off again. It is off now. The scan shows no active codes but shows a stored code for system running lean. Am hoping when I do the CCV kit and intake boots it will take care of it. I'm pretty sure the intakes are cracked and the CCV separator and hoses are probably in need of replacement.

Car runs great, looks great. Very fun to drive. And even though it only had 52,000 miles on it when I got it, a lot of the stuff I replaced includes plastic parts that had deteriorated due to the car being 12 years old. Thought it best to address those parts. Indeed, I just noticed that my windshield washer fluid tank is cracked and needs to be replaced.

I know nothing about headlights and upgrades such as Angel Eyes. I think some of them look cool, others look awful. Would welcome suggestions on what would look good with my steel blue car. Thanks Fanatics!
Gorgeous car. If it were mine, I'd keep it stock.

Oh, and this cannot be stressed enough, have your transmission fluid changed. Your car is at the perfect mileage to have it done. Don't believe BMW's lifetime transmission fluid story- it's bogus!

Last edited by HOODY007; 12-09-2015 at 02:48 PM.
HOODY007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #44
Rweber330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in D.C. View Post
Great thread. Love all the mods people have done. I am new to BMW, just bought my first one three months ago -- a 2003 330xi with only 52,000 miles on it from the woman who owned it, and she was the only owner. She had full maintenance records and had done things like replace all four window regulators, the clips for the sunroof, valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket and both CV assemblies. The car was mint cosmetically except for a small scrape on rear bumper, peeling clear coat on the front bumper and a worn-out windshield cowl. I paid $9,800 cash for it and I had to because another bidder was offering 10K, but he needed to get a loan and she took my cash offer.

Here is what I have done so far, mostly because of the guidance I have gotten on this site: Both bumpers wet-sanded and recoated and they look great; Headlight covers restored;
New windshield cowl; Replaced fuel pump, filter and relay; Replaced battery; Did the complete cooling system overhaul last weekend (everything on the Mango sticky, including pulleys and belts).

This week am on to CCV kit, intake boots, Vanos seals rebuild (and new hose).

My SES light came on and I bought an OBDII scanner. Then the light went back off. It came on again a few days later, then went off again. It is off now. The scan shows no active codes but shows a stored code for system running lean. Am hoping when I do the CCV kit and intake boots it will take care of it. I'm pretty sure the intakes are cracked and the CCV separator and hoses are probably in need of replacement.

Car runs great, looks great. Very fun to drive. And even though it only had 52,000 miles on it when I got it, a lot of the stuff I replaced includes plastic parts that had deteriorated due to the car being 12 years old. Thought it best to address those parts. Indeed, I just noticed that my windshield washer fluid tank is cracked and needs to be replaced.

I know nothing about headlights and upgrades such as Angel Eyes. I think some of them look cool, others look awful. Would welcome suggestions on what would look good with my steel blue car. Thanks Fanatics!

Congrats on the pickup! Car looks fantastic. hope you enjoy your e46 as much as the rest of us do!
__________________

*2001 330i 5 Spd Manual*
*Photoshop Help? Pm Me*
*Send me pictures of your E46! I Take photoshop Requests!*
Rweber330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #45
Riverbmr3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: PI
Posts: 4,079
My Ride: MB E350 & BMW 325i
I paid $33K fresh from the showroom last 2003
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #46
Rweber330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbmr3 View Post
I paid $33K fresh from the showroom last 2003
Pics?
__________________

*2001 330i 5 Spd Manual*
*Photoshop Help? Pm Me*
*Send me pictures of your E46! I Take photoshop Requests!*
Rweber330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #47
RudyT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 163
My Ride: 2001 330i
Interesting thread. 2001 330i 5sp/sport, ~133k miles, picked up Dec 2011 for $7250. Came with Koni Yellows, and the Dinan S package. Now has 198k miles and is probably worth less that $3k.
__________________
RudyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #48
Riverbmr3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: PI
Posts: 4,079
My Ride: MB E350 & BMW 325i
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449694910.521010.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	619423

my babies

Last edited by Riverbmr3; 12-09-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #49
Dave in D.C.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 17
My Ride: 2003 330xi
I think you're right on maybe it's best to keep my headlights stock. Once I had the headlight covers restored (they were very cloudy and now are as clear as can be, as the photo shows) I noticed a huge improvement in visibility. Maybe I don't need better lights. If you have not tried headlight restoration, makes a big difference.

Thanks for the compliments on the car. It draws looks all the time and I already turned down one guy who saw it and wanted to buy it. But that's why I don't mind spending money on major PM. I plan to keep it, drive it and enjoy it. I drove an Acura for years. Very nice cars. (However, it also had a number of issues the older it got; that's not just German makes.) But I have to say, the BMWs are far more fun to drive.
Dave in D.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #50
andriyselezen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 30
02 330ci with 167k for 3k in July 2015 . Put another 2k in maintenance and small repairs and now I'm at 190k miles . Love the car
andriyselezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #51
BBBoy323i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,901
My Ride: 01' 325ci
I recently got a 2001 325ci 5spd with 102k miles in July. I paid $7k, the condition is pretty good. Body kit needs some work, as does the wheels and interior a bit. I only put about 1k miles on it since then. It's my first manual car and I love it. When I bought it came with many extras.

Racing dynamics
-tornado body kit
-front strut bar

Hartge
-wheels
-exhaust
-springs

Bmw performance
-shift knob

I then added an afe stage 1 intake. Dynavin head unit. BMW performance shift boot, e brake handle and boot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449699326.369078.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	619425Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449699395.165341.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	619426Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449699433.217892.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	619427Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449699477.472818.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	619428
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #52
Rweber330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
I recently got a 2001 325ci 5spd with 102k miles in July. I paid $7k, the condition is pretty good. Body kit needs some work, as does the wheels and interior a bit. I only put about 1k miles on it since then. It's my first manual car and I love it. When I bought it came with many extras.

Racing dynamics
-tornado body kit
-front strut bar

Hartge
-wheels
-exhaust
-springs

Bmw performance
-shift knob

I then added an afe stage 1 intake. Dynavin head unit. BMW performance shift boot, e brake handle and boot.
Attachment 619425Attachment 619426Attachment 619427Attachment 619428
Sweet Ride Dude. Do you like that BMW Performance knob? i was thinking about getting that vs the ZHP Knob
__________________

*2001 330i 5 Spd Manual*
*Photoshop Help? Pm Me*
*Send me pictures of your E46! I Take photoshop Requests!*

Last edited by Rweber330i; 12-09-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Rweber330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #53
Rweber330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Thank you guys for posting your cars this made my day seeing everyone sweet ride!

Stay posted for more updates on this thread and i hope you all post more pictures and responses (Because whats a good response without a few pictures)

I took this beauty last night and thought id share with you guys
__________________

*2001 330i 5 Spd Manual*
*Photoshop Help? Pm Me*
*Send me pictures of your E46! I Take photoshop Requests!*
Rweber330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:32 PM   #54
Tanzpartner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Moore County NC
Posts: 20
My Ride: 2001 325ci
2001 325ci

I just bought mine a month or so ago -
5speed Coupe.
200,000 miles
No cracks in the dash.
No cracks in the leather.
Purchased as a 2nd ? 3rd? car -
Plan to Autocross it !!!

$2500.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 325ci 2001.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	619433  

Last edited by Tanzpartner; 12-09-2015 at 05:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add price paid -
Tanzpartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #55
BBBoy323i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,901
My Ride: 01' 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rweber330i View Post
Sweet Ride Dude. Do you like that BMW Performance knob? i was thinking about getting that vs the ZHP Knob

I like it, it feels nice. But I heard the zhp knob might be more comfortable if you like resting your hand on the shifter.
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #56
orb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 2,807
My Ride: 325Ci
Around 9k in 2012. Put maybe 4k into maintenance/mods since then.
__________________

Last edited by orb; 12-09-2015 at 07:17 PM.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #57
Rweber330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzpartner View Post
I just bought mine a month or so ago -
5speed Coupe.
200,000 miles
No cracks in the dash.
No cracks in the leather.
Purchased as a 2nd ? 3rd? car -
Plan to Autocross it !!!

$2500.
Looks Clean for 200k
__________________

*2001 330i 5 Spd Manual*
*Photoshop Help? Pm Me*
*Send me pictures of your E46! I Take photoshop Requests!*
Rweber330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #58
Nate158
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mendocino County, CA
Posts: 110
My Ride: 2004 E46
New owner/member here!
Bought mine on October 29th of this year.

2004 325 5 speed
Sport pack I believe.
130k miles

Done:
-VCG
-NGK Plugs
-cabin filter
-reupholstered arm rest
-LCABs
-taillight recall

Paid $4700

Loving it! But already want a 330 haha!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449712346.399987.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	619445

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449712409.063177.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	619446

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1449712452.401428.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	619447
Nate158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #59
Levim9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,074
My Ride: S54 325i & LSB M3
I bought my 2001 325i for $7500 with 130k miles back in 2006. After reaching 200k miles I had the entire M3 drivetrain swap done which enjoyed for about 80k miles. Sadly last year I totaled it after I hydroplaned into a telephone pole.



This spring I picked up this immaculate 02 M3 with 45k miles for $27k

I've got a bunch of maintenance parts ordered that I'll be doing soon! Oil change, tranny fluid, diff fluid, fuel filter, vanos refresh, valve adjustment, rear subframe reinforcement and some other stuff



__________________
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #60
Rweber330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate158 View Post
New owner/member here!
Bought mine on October 29th of this year.

2004 325 5 speed
Sport pack I believe.
130k miles

Done:
-VCG
-NGK Plugs
-cabin filter
-reupholstered arm rest
-LCABs
-taillight recall

Paid $4700

Loving it! But already want a 330 haha!

Attachment 619445

Attachment 619446

Attachment 619447

The 330's are fun haha, you're ride looks top notch!
__________________

*2001 330i 5 Spd Manual*
*Photoshop Help? Pm Me*
*Send me pictures of your E46! I Take photoshop Requests!*
Rweber330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.