E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#15,941 ·
Cyanogen mod all day long...
i've never tried but heard its good. i'm using tmobile and my particular problem is 1 out of 20 roms render my wifi calling/MMS over wifi useless. for some reason nobody is able to figure out why. so i'm scared to touch my phone as my Wifi calling/MMS is working brilliantly. i feel even if i reset my phone it might trigger something to disable my wifi calling feature (i get bad reception where i live so i need the wifi calling for all texts/mms/calls to go through.) its an awesome feature!

#15,942 · (Edited)
i've never tried but heard its good. i'm using tmobile and my particular problem is 1 out of 20 roms render my wifi calling/MMS over wifi useless. for some reason nobody is able to figure out why. so i'm scared to touch my phone as my Wifi calling/MMS is working brilliantly. i feel even if i reset my phone it might trigger something to disable my wifi calling feature (i get bad reception where i live so i need the wifi calling for all texts/mms/calls to go through.) its an awesome feature!
Had it since Sgs1. Used to be very unstable and thats exactly what would happen, i belonged to like three android forums and non of the devs could figure out how to get mms to work over wifi. That was the only issue I've ever had with cyanogen mod, but that was fixed on the s2, and now with the s3 its super stable not one issue, and no bloatware and overclocking is worth it. Plus I've had panorama photos since my sgs 1 Iphone users! :facepalm: one of many advantages rooting and roms are worth it. I also prefer to use wifi over regular 3g/4g because even though I have unlimited data, its faster and saves battery. 4g is worthless.

#15,945 ·
+1 CM10 here.

Most AKOP ROMs are built off Cyanogen Mod framework, from what I have read.

Uh oh, thread derailment is near.
+1 Thread derailment is very near.
I think I just derailed the Iphone 5, sg3 or note 2 thread. :rofl:

In the context of this thread:
I was messing around with bmw scanner settings and got an airbag light on passenger side. lol.
Back to fixing it.

#15,956 · (Edited)
If it is a new hole, you could get away with just using a bit suitable for steel (it won't be fun, be warned). It won't be as clean as a stepped bit, but it'll work. You'll probably want to get a narrow file so any plugs you put in will sit flush. If you are widening an existing hold, I would use a stepped bit. A regular bit will just get caught on the edges and I seriously doubt you have a drill that will be able to turn the bit once it has seized.

The fact that it's thin sheet makes it harder for a standard bit actually. The bit will cut into an edge, bend it up into the spiral and will not shear the metal.