E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum > Spec E46 racing class forum

Spec E46 racing class forum
Official Spec E46 racing class forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 09:02 AM   #1
Omn3d0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 11
My Ride: Porsche Macan
Any SpecE46 Builds in Colorado?

Hi,

Well after looking at the cost of building to specE46 rules vs what I wanted to do, it makes sense to go all in and just build a SE46. The only concern I have is that I don't see many of them been built in the central part of the usa? Any one thinking about building in colorado?

Also, what happened to the facebook for SE46? Is it gone?

Sid
Omn3d0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
BigBill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 241
My Ride: 01 330ci
Same problem in the #nasagreatlakes region. Yes SpecE46 is still on Facebook
BigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
Omn3d0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 11
My Ride: Porsche Macan
Moving Forward

It does seem that it's the east and west coast first and then the central region. I'm moving forward with the build. I've spoken to a few people and it does look like we'll see more people next year. The spec series is well designed and I can always run a few different classes until we get critical mass.

Sid
Omn3d0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #4
BigBill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 241
My Ride: 01 330ci
Good luck with the build.and make sure and drop a pin on the map. http://spece46.com/
BigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
BrainofJJJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 47
My Ride: SPEC E46, 17 CTSV
Come race with me down here in TX once a year or so. We get people coming from CO every so often.
__________________
Brian #42 Spec E46 - Texas Region
BrainofJJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #6
Sascrotch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5
My Ride: Lookin for 330Ci Cpe
A BMW mechanic friend and I are in Oklahoma and are looking to get into SE46 as well. We're still discussing it though because of the same concerns. The cost of getting a 330Ci is going up too so I'm hoping they'll open up the class a bit to allow for more E46's.
Sascrotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #7
BrainofJJJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 47
My Ride: SPEC E46, 17 CTSV
They allow coupes and sedans. What more do you want??
__________________
Brian #42 Spec E46 - Texas Region
BrainofJJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #8
Patriot17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3
My Ride: E36 M3
SE46 in central TX, AR & OK region

BrianofJJJ & Sascrotch we are currently building a WRl GP2 E36 but are seriously considering scrapping it for a SE46 330. I would love to hear about your SE46 efforts and the number of SE46 cars in our region. Our car is based in western AR with team members located in western AR & the DFW area.
Patriot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #9
Sascrotch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5
My Ride: Lookin for 330Ci Cpe
Down, but not out

Well, unfortunately I lost my mechanic not long after I posted that (he had to move back to PA for family reasons) so we never got it off the ground. There's not much interest here in OKC that I've found. But tbh, I haven't looked very hard since he left.

I'm currently recovering from surgery from a broken humerus, but am planning to start looking for someone else in the OKC area with some BMW mechanical experience that wants to partner up once I'm healed up and the bills are paid.
Sascrotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:38 AM   #10
BrainofJJJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 47
My Ride: SPEC E46, 17 CTSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot17 View Post
BrianofJJJ & Sascrotch we are currently building a WRl GP2 E36 but are seriously considering scrapping it for a SE46 330. I would love to hear about your SE46 efforts and the number of SE46 cars in our region. Our car is based in western AR with team members located in western AR & the DFW area.
Do the E46. There are 3 of us active in NASA TX, the other 2 cars are rentals. I know 3 other guys who will have cars done this year. Great thing is the car is well suited for WRL too. I might race it with them at COTA but i'm working on an LS swapped Miata for WRL with a friend who had all the parts lying around.

I'm in Dallas if you need help with cage builders or anything mechanical.
__________________
Brian #42 Spec E46 - Texas Region
BrainofJJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #11
Patriot17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3
My Ride: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainofJJJ View Post
Do the E46. There are 3 of us active in NASA TX, the other 2 cars are rentals. I know 3 other guys who will have cars done this year. Great thing is the car is well suited for WRL too. I might race it with them at COTA but i'm working on an LS swapped Miata for WRL with a friend who had all the parts lying around.

I'm in Dallas if you need help with cage builders or anything mechanical.
Are you familiar with Forrest @ Texas Track Works in FW, TX? He builds, supports and rents SE46 and WRL cars.

Do you know what WRL class the SE46 falls into?

We are seriously leaning towards the SE46. We had a team conf call Sunday and are scheduled to have another tomorrow night on this very topic. We plan on having a decision made by weeks end.

Our team lead live in FW and drove 7 years for AutoBahn...just FYI.

LS Miata...dang. :-) GPX, I assume.
Patriot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #12
Patriot17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3
My Ride: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascrotch View Post
Well, unfortunately I lost my mechanic not long after I posted that (he had to move back to PA for family reasons) so we never got it off the ground. There's not much interest here in OKC that I've found. But tbh, I haven't looked very hard since he left.

I'm currently recovering from surgery from a broken humerus, but am planning to start looking for someone else in the OKC area with some BMW mechanical experience that wants to partner up once I'm healed up and the bills are paid.
You would think that OKC would have a lot of interested people in WRL or SE46. You aren't too far from Hallett and within striking distance of Eagles canyon.

Are you looking to field a SE46 or a WRL car with a team or maybe just rent a seat in WRL?

What W2W race experience do you have? I only have 7 DEs and zero W2W so i am due for a few Chump races to earn the privilege.
Patriot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:04 PM   #13
Sascrotch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5
My Ride: Lookin for 330Ci Cpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot17 View Post
You would think that OKC would have a lot of interested people in WRL or SE46. You aren't too far from Hallett and within striking distance of Eagles canyon.

Are you looking to field a SE46 or a WRL car with a team or maybe just rent a seat in WRL?

What W2W race experience do you have? I only have 7 DEs and zero W2W so i am due for a few Chump races to earn the privilege.
Yeah, there are a lot of street racers, drag and such here (Street Outlaws guys are here), but not much track. They do a few driving events out at the Sheriff's track (very small track), but nothing like SE46 or WRL.

The Central region of NASA looks a little dodgy though TBH. I was on their site the other day and noticed that many of the links to the tracks go nowhere. Makes me think they're not that serious about it.

No experience to really speak of, just some random driving events and some cart races. So I'd be essentially starting from scratch and ramping up for it.

I hadn't looked into WRL, but will now.
Sascrotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use