rule update - engine output - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum > Spec E46 racing class forum

Spec E46 racing class forum
Official Spec E46 racing class forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
Spec E46

rule update - engine output

added rule 9.13 to the engine section stating that output may not exceed 225whp. at this stage we are mainly gathering data to fine tune that number but the race director for each region has the final say on application and enforcement.

i am aware that this rule does not go into specifics on dyno runs, this is intentional. i do not believe procedural details belong in class rules and have asked nasa to come up with a standard dyno procedure. when this is available it will referenced in the class rules, until then the race director or other technical officials will be responsible for dyno runs.

Last edited by Spec E46; 05-13-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Spec E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #2
Club_Sport

My Ride: 335
Why doesn't Spec E46 allow a 1st overbore? What's going to happen in 2-3 yrs when engines get tired and the good used ones become scarce?
Club_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
HiFiGuy1

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP 6MT
From a soon-to-be Spec E30 guy, I too, am curious why you guys don't allow overbore. We have a spec power limit, and curve shape, but still allow .010 and .020 over. Not enough old, tired M54 engines out there in need of a refresh? I know E46 is a much newer chassis than ours, but that seems like smart advance planning.
HiFiGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote