E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Just did CCV...question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sweetness 
#1 ·
So I just did the CCV and am absolutely exhausted. That quarter turn mother took me so damn long and my back feels it. Anyway, just got it all back together and took it for a drive. No CELs!! But, after I got her warmed up I took it on an on ramp and slammed the throttle in first tulle about 6.2k then shifted to second and hit about 6k. Now when I did this there was a very big ploom of smoke behind me! I drove it about another 5 miles going about 30, and decided to womp on it again. Nothing came out.

I hadn't driven the car for about two days, and changing the dipstick o ring definitely got a bit of oil in places. Anything I should be really worrying about?

Thanks,
Elliott

#3 · (Edited)
Burned out the old junk? Can you explain that, please? In detail? Not sure how that even makes sense. And how can you tell the OP there's nothing to worry about? A lot can go wrong if the job wasn' done right. I have a lot of questions and concerns but I'll let Sweetness answer first.

Sweetness, have you did this CCV job before? Thanks, man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.