E46 Fanatics Forum banner

2001 330ci or 2006 328ci for 10k.

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  paras99 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys, its always been a dream to own an e46 and the time has finally come to buy one. I have found 2 in really good condition and mechanically sound. both are a stick. 66k miles. for 10k.

2006 325ci

328 is in slightly better condition
less wear and tear on it.
its silver.

2001 330ci

minor dents
topaz blue. love the color

need help choosing on which one to get.
what do you guys think?

#9 ·
2001 330ci pics and more info from dealer

Email From Dealer:

"This vehicle has had two previous owners. The first owner had it on a 3 year BMW lease. The 2nd owner had it for 8 yrs and 10 months. This 330Ci has a clean CarFax history - no accident, no odometer issues, no total loss, or airbag deployment, reported to CarFax.
In addition, we replaced the front and rear rotors, mounted a full set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires, and of course an oil / filter change.
Condition-wise is good, not excellent. By that I mean there is no rust or dents. The driver's side has a large scrape and several scratches. Some of these we'll manage to buff out. Some may require paint repair. Once it's buffed and it's determined what our paint cost is we'll decide if we'll touch it up or perhaps paint the panel with the scrape. Otherwise it is in pretty good shape."

They reduced the price because of the scratches....but seriously tiger paw tires?!

getting this down to 9.5K out the door including all the taxes.
what do you guys think ?

pictures included

Attachments

#10 ·
Doesn't seem too bad price wise. I always hate having to paint panels but that color isn't quite as bad to match up as say a silver or lighter colors. I would still want to know about suspension parts that may need replaced and other normal maintenance on a car that age. Ask them to do a PPI or if you could talk to a tech and look at the car underneath while its on a lift. I do like the miles on the car but just make sure that you know exactly what you will need to do to it after you buy it. Make sure you obviously drive it first also. While driving turn radio off and listen close for any noises and make sure steering is tight. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

#11 ·
Only 66k miles, $9.5k seems like a good deal to me if it passes a PPI. Topaz is my favorite color, though I may be biased as I have an topaz 02 330ci (wish my M3 was topaz). I've had it for almost 10 yrs, it's very reliable and still fun to drive. Be prepared to put some money/ time into the cooling system for preventative maintenance ... really not that expensive if you DIY ... see Mango's DIYs for a reference.

#12 ·
yeah should be no problem, got quite a bit of money saved up for this thing. and have had a few car projects here and there. but really excited to get a car that i actually like and want to keep for a long time....currently own a 96 saturn that i bought for $500. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.