E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Do facelift sedans use smaller angel eyes than the rest? Khoalty AEs don't fit...

13K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  soul786 
#1 ·
I spent an hour trying to install the new $130 LED Khoalty angel eyes on my car today (facelift sedan). They're way too effing big and they hit the bezel. The bezel won't pop back on without completely shoving the outside angel eye ring out of the way. The rings are the same size as the outer chrome bezel. When I view pics of properly installed angel eyes, it appears they are smaller than the chrome bezel, not the same size. I e-mailed Khoalty. I'm extremely dissapointed because I wanted these on. We'll see how they handle this.

Attachments

See less See more
#33 · (Edited)
i honestly dont see how you guys are having trouble unless these $130 are different then when i bought them for only $50(almost 3 years from now haha.). still run fine and fit perfectly on mine.

mtech II :p

#34 ·
I know what he means by the bezel and the ring clearance. If you think the the ring that mounts to the projector is going to have that gap like the high beam does it wont. But there should be at least a quarter inch of play between the bottom of the bezel and the ring. And that is just enough play for the autolevel to clear if not touch just a tad bit.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App

#35 ·
I know what he means by the bezel and the ring clearance. If you think the the ring that mounts to the projector is going to have that gap like the high beam does it wont. But there should be at least a quarter inch of play between the bottom of the bezel and the ring. And that is just enough play for the autolevel to clear if not touch just a tad bit.

there sir you are correct.

#40 ·
Yeah my khoalty angel eyes are already sooo bright, i wouldnt want anything brighter and they look very crisp.

#42 ·
LOL here my ghetto fab ass jumping in again with my eBay 20$ AE's

I didn't have the option to choose but the seller sent me ones for projectors and mine are halogens but they fit just fine

Can some one explain the fitment issues between xenon projectors and halogens difference

Btw here is a pic also these are ccfl
Although it may seem like its blocking the lights i can't seem to notice the difference with lights before or after AE

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.