E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#11,125 ·
Got my car back from Inspection I done on Monday with new spark plugs due to such low mileage they were fouled, new sunroof felt and deleted CDV.

On Tuesday I installed a new driver's side M3 sill, both inner door sills and a new dead pedal piece. I also did both my exterior B pillars. Once I get the right screw that's missing I will install a new seat side trim piece. Just cosmetics and while they weren't terrible, looks like a new car again. The only other 'bugging' piece is my driver's side window finisher...at $250 for the piece I am trying to avoid hating it. It's only popping out a little at the bottom at times when I close the rear side window...not torn or brittle yet.

#11,129 ·
Installed a BMW Performance Short Shifter Kit. I got it from ECS Tuning and suprisingly, it took me around 45 minutes. There are only three parts to swap, other than the knob and shift boot. There was just the white plastic bearing, the lever clip and the shifter itself. I did not have to remove any exhaust heat shield or anything under the car. Everything was pretty easy to access. I havn't taken it on the freeway yet but the shifts feel shorter (of course), and quite a bit stiffer. I should have done this mod a long time ago.

#11,131 ·
Took plates off my 325ci and put them on my new 2004 M3. There really is no comparison

#11,133 ·
I did many things to my e 46 today

I put a HID 4300K kit for my backup lights.
Tinted all around %20 percent except rear ( will do that later with %5)
I replaced led 48 smd in my both trunk light.
I replaced led 48smd for driver and passenger floor lights.
Put my rear license plate in a dark plate cover ( just to piss #$% cops)
I bought a 2002 stock full tail-lights, and installed smaller pieces so far

Here are my pictures

Attachments

#11,134 ·
^ :rofl:

#11,135 ·
Put on my apex 75mm race studs, for my 10mm hubcentric spacers (all the way around, 15s in the front are needed:/) then to go along with the studs and spacers, got to slap on my varrstoen vt48mm neo chrome lug nits! And some carbon fiber splitters ;) productive day!
Lovin the gold wheels... Today/night I did rear camber arms on my m3, trying to get her ready for the track, i also need diff bushings before hand too, any suggestions?