E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Fault Code p1500

32K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  lilbimmer 
#1 ·
Causes my EML, DSC and handbrake lights to come on while driving. Car then goes into limp mode. A quick restart will clear the lights and the car will drive normally until they come back on 10 mins later. Although, when I took a short drive last night around 10.30p none of the lights came on and the car drove normally.

I did some research and some say it is the ICV stuck open (as per code). Others suggest cleaning/changing the MAF, but I also found the bmw equivalent DTC Code:17908 - Fuel Pump Relay Circuit Electrical Malfunction.

Where should I start looking before taking it into an indie shop? Please post links to DIY and/or pix - I would appreciate it. Thanks.

#3 ·
Did some research and found a few possible issues to the EML+DSC+BRAKE lights:

1. ICV
2. Throttle Body
3. Throttle Harness
4. Speed Sensor
5. ABS/ABS sensor

There were some other suggestions about the wheel sensor?? and I noticed, while driving today that my wheel was off-center. Again the p1500 code alluded to the ICV being stuck open. Any additional thoughts?

#6 ·
Well My problem started with a code for the maf . So i replaced it with an oem one. 5 miles later i got the eml and other lights. I read the codes and said jammed icv. I cleaned it . Didnt work. I replaced it, it still didnt work. I thought it was a bad maf so i got another one. Oem as well. Around 300 miles later the same things happened. So were in this together . Back to square one.

#9 ·
OK. So I waited a couple of days before I posted this and I hope I did not jinx myself. Thursday night I decided to look under the hood to see if anything was out of the ordinary. I noticed the cover at the very front of the hood and just above the grill (please bare with me as I don't know the parts by name) that goes into what I assume the MAF?? was not put on correctly. Leaving a small gap for more air to pass through. I corrected this not thinking it would affect anything, but must say that after 2 days of driving no EML+DSC+BRAKE lights. SES light returned, but checked the codes - no p1500, just my typical "lean fuel" codes. I will post if everything changes.

#11 ·
You are probably right! I know I had to use quite a bit of effort to put it on correctly so I don't know if I "jiggled" anything back into place. Will post if the code or lights come back, hopefully it doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.