E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Socal General Chat

27M views 244K replies 611 participants last post by  Bali 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Version 2.0 of the Socal General Chat thread. Enjoy!

The E46Fanatics Team

#162,901 ·
People always tell me "at least you have a job..."

Having a job is easy. Having a job you don't hate is the tough part.

Life is miserable.
A job you love seems to be a sort of luxury these days.

#162,912 ·
What do you mean? Did you pay for something and never got it?
Yeah. Paid on the 27th guy said he'd mail the following Friday. He didn't, sent me a message saying he'd get it out the next day, I said no worries since it was the holidays. Since then every few days I hit him up he keeps saying tomorrow. he finally sent me a tracking number last Friday but it still shows that it hasn't actually been mailed.

#162,914 ·
Yeah. Paid on the 27th guy said he'd mail the following Friday. He didn't, sent me a message saying he'd get it out the next day, I said no worries since it was the holidays. Since then every few days I hit him up he keeps saying tomorrow. he finally sent me a tracking number last Friday but it still shows that it hasn't actually been mailed.
Who is the shipper? FedEx and UPS are pretty fastidious with tracking info. USPS is, well, less so.

#162,915 ·
Who is the shipper? FedEx and UPS are pretty fastidious with tracking info. USPS is, well, less so.
USPS. My concern is the tracking number notification it simply says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 06, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I would understand that to mean he set something up online but hasn't actually dropped anything off at the post office.

Every couple of days I'd ask if he had a tracking number for me yet so I'm concerned that he might just be trying to buy some time.

#162,917 ·
USPS. My concern is the tracking number notification it simply says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 06, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I would understand that to mean he set something up online but hasn't actually dropped anything off at the post office.

Every couple of days I'd ask if he had a tracking number for me yet so I'm concerned that he might just be trying to buy some time.

Hmm, well I can say that there are times when, even after receiving my order, USPS still hasn't updated the tracking info, so it's very tricky to completely rely on this feature. Sometimes they would post all tracking info in one fell swoop. Depends on where it's coming from as well. If it's from Norcal, it's a good time to hit up the seller and the Post Office. If it's from rural Kentucky, start bugging people at around Friday.

#162,919 ·
Hmm, well I can say that there are times when, even after receiving my order, USPS still hasn't updated the tracking info, so it's very tricky to completely rely on this feature. Sometimes they would post all tracking info in one fell swoop. Depends on where it's coming from as well. If it's from Norcal, it's a good time to hit up the seller and the Post Office. If it's from rural Kentucky, start bugging people at around Friday.
Yeah, it's coming from Florida. I'm usually very cool when it comes to giving people time to mail things out, I understand we all get busy just don't tell me tomorrow for two weeks straight. I'd rather have someone say look, sorry but things came up and I won't be able to ship for a couple of weeks.

#162,920 ·
yeah, unfortunately that i why i don't bother anymore. After all the stuff I see on these forums now days, I don't even want to risk it unless I can go see it and pick it up myself.
It's a fukcin shame. Hey I'm giving that guy till the end of the week to pick up that wood if he doesn't set up something solid by Friday it's yours if you're still interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.