E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Kider196nyc

My Ride: 2005 bmw 330xi
Send a message via Yahoo to Kider196nyc
Bmw of Manhattan inc, bad experience

Bad experience. I made a reservation for a recall on my car over the phone for a loaner. The rep told me if i need to mod my reservation i can do so; which is what i did. I only changed it to two days after my original date. When i get here to meet with the rep; his mannerism and the way he handled me was very pushy and didit hear my concerns about my car. I asked him about a closed recall and he never answered my question. He just said its closed when my question was what happens when there is a recall on my vehicle and the recall has closed but i still have the issues regarding that recall, but no answer just that "its closed" when finishing up he asked me if i want a ride to Columbus square. I asked him why; I then told him i have a loaner car requested and he tried to Stiff me saying they had no loaner cars and that it shows that i never requested a loaner. I then showed him my email showing proof of request of loaner; then he said ill go get you a loaner.(in my head i thought to my self you said you had no loaners what happen?) He goes to the loaner department and comes back asked me for insurance,id and credit card but does not tell me he was going to charge me $750 on my card. The loaner rep then comes to me and says your card did not appove the $750. I then told her because i block my card; i was not told my card was going to be charged. I then told her forget the service just bring me my car back. I dont like dishonest service be very stright foward with all procedures. I would like to be aware of whats going on. I then heard the same song and dance done to another customer saying they had no loaner and they needed to check; the rep also asked for insurance,id and credit card with out telling them he was going to charge the customer $750. I understand a rental company asking for a down payment for security purposes; since you are paying daily for the rental. I just dont understand why a down payment is required for a loaner. If you have my insurance, which would cover for damages that might occur to the loaner vehicle. Procedures should be explained to the customer before they come in, such as what documentation they may need or requirements.

Sent from my SM-N920P using E46Fanatics mobile app
Kider196nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
n3985

My Ride: E92 soon?
This is standard practice for a loaner car for any dealership.

The charge on the credit card is not real, it is a "hold" kind of like when pumping gas the station "charges" $100 but will charge real amount post fill up. It is for instances when loaner cars come back trashed the dealership has means to charge cleaning bill to the customer.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
Kider196nyc

My Ride: 2005 bmw 330xi
Send a message via Yahoo to Kider196nyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
This is standard practice for a loaner car for any dealership.

The charge on the credit card is not real, it is a "hold" kind of like when pumping gas the station "charges" $100 but will charge real amount post fill up. It is for instances when loaner cars come back trashed the dealership has means to charge cleaning bill to the customer.
$750 is to much to ask for a hold. Enterprise doesn't even ask for such a high hold on a credit card. When i rented cars it was 150 to 200 nothing crazy.

Kider196nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #4
n3985

My Ride: E92 soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kider196nyc View Post
$750 is to much to ask for a hold. Enterprise doesn't even ask for such a high hold on a credit card. When i rented cars it was 150 to 200 nothing crazy.

"too much" is subjective

if you want a loaner you abide to the loaner rules

unless you mess up a loaner the $750 hold isn't even real
Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #5
TarikS

My Ride: '06 330i Convertible
I did the same thing when i took my car to Park Avenue BMW in NJ, but there was no problem with my loaner car request. The only restricton was, i was only able to get a loaner for oil change on Saturday, not on weekdays. Then they brought my loaner car, they put a $250 hold on my credit card. That was all. I gave the car back at the end of the day and got my own car back.

$750 is kinda too much for me as well. But their behaviour was unacceptable.

'06 330ci Convertible
Black Sapphire Metallic / Natural Brown
TarikS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:30 AM   #6
Swiff

My Ride: 2002 330xi
For the airbag recall the loaner is part of the procedure if you requested one. I don't remember being charged a holding amount on my credit card ( maybe I was). Freeport LI was an easy in and out process with my loaner. Had it for 3 days as I got it on Friday morning and they called me Monday morning while I was at work and told me my car was ready. They washed the car and I picked it up that afternoon.
Swiff is offline   Reply With Quote