E46 Fanatics Forum banner

First Review Dynavin in Sydney

37K views 122 replies 34 participants last post by  asdetail 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, All I just got Dynavin so now I have time to install to mycar.

I would like to do a full review here and I want to do Step by Step DIY because Dynavin didn't have much information about that, only a Manual book so I can be your guideline if you wanna considering to change your new head Unit.

Thanks Jason to give me this Head Unit to try:thumbup:

Thanks Jeff who guides and answers me all my questions :bow:

First touch I would say I'm very happy with the product and Price:thumbsup:

After installation and I have time to play around

Update 18/06/2010

Reviews Navigator : Steering Wheel Function : USB Port : Darkside of the Product.

iPod 8/10 I love the sound quality I hope next firmware will be able show Cover Flow and others.

Bluetooth 9/10 Excellent job it works very well on this function:thumbup:

DTV 7/10 : Hardly to get receptions but better to have this function.

NAV : 8/10 It has all everything you need to know as Speed camera and Heaps , the map can be downloaded all Country you want.
all function as Tom Tom. The one I got is iGo 8. http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/search/label/scheme
It works very well but you have to put at the right position of your car.

USB 9/10 : It works and you also can watch Movie or store your music and Photo on this from your Hard drives .

Radio: 9/10 it's good easy to tune up for stations and clear sound.

Steering wheel Function 9/10 : It works all buttons you have you can use volume, changing song track up & Down and tuneing Radio Stations.

Installation Process + Unlock DVD & TV which you can watch during Driving :thumbup:

DARK SIDE

Navigator : if you place wrong position you will always lost signal and hardly to get signal back.

Radio : It seems to be difficult to play with and very hard to control but I think when you get used too, it will be easy for you.

Steering Wheel Function : Whenever you listen to the Radio and you are turning Steering Wheel then the Radio Station tuning up to anther station.

iPod: When you turn off engine then when you start again the iPod will take back to the first track of your iPod Library.

To BE Continued

Here some pics and enjoy :thumbsup:

Installation Process + Unlock DVD & TV which you can watch during Driving (Cop Doesn't like it, make sure put back on CD or iPod MODE) :thumbup:

iPod Mode

Bluetooth Mode : You will love this function:thumbup:

See less See more
#65 · (Edited)
Here you go it does not say Dynavin but I am sure it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360266021752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The sellers location says Queensland but if you read down I think it is coming from the UK. $868 delivered, TV and reversing camera are options. I am sure I saw one from the US a little while ago for around the $800 mark that included the camera free.

I think its pretty good value considering even if you got all the OEM stuff second hand and installed it yourself you would be looking somewhere between $2000-2500.

There seems to be a lack of units on ebay at the moment there are usually a few OEM/Dynavin and Panasonic units about across Australia/US/UK.

Howie

#72 ·
Love your work Johny! You are one motivated MF :p

Quick questions,
Does this unit have the same functions that are on the factory Units?
1) Beep when you go over a certain speed (which you can set in the OEM TV computer settings)?
2) With my factory unit when I change the time on the TV unit it changes the time on my dash also. Does the Dynavin do that also?

I'm definitely interested, but I’m worried about all the little things and also some of the quirks I’m hearing about.
:eek:

#87 ·
You have to remember guys that even though it looks original in your dash it is still an aftermarket unit so not 100% the same as the factory set up ....

Sent from my HTC Desire using BimmerApp

#88 ·
hey i just bought a e46 318is, it have the t.v screen that folds down to put the disc in
my screen cracked recently and i was looking into buying the dynavin as a replacement as it already has the sub input and ipos connectivity and all of that,
just if i could ask you guys a few questions about it before i do purchase the unit.
i looked on ebay (the american ebay) and the unit is 300 dollars cheaper, but i am not sure if it will work as the maps might be different or may not pick up our radio frequency.
will it fit straight into the area where my old screen was located?
can i use my phone buttons on my steering wheele for the phone and music?

#90 ·
The US ones didnt come with Digital TV. not sure if the one you saw does. Otherwise they were the same units. However Jason's units you buy locally comes with 1 yr guarantee and that is probably worth a few dollars extra you pay. You also will have shipping costs if you get it down from US.

The Dynavin will fit straight into any e46. If you have nav already then you need the 5M fakra cable in addition which Jason will sort you out with.

All buttons including the phone and music works off the steering wheel. Where are you located ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.