E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M3 bumper on Sedan

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  hitbyastick 
#1 ·
Had a new M3 style front bumper installed on my sedan...looks SO much better :)

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Never mind op. I just saw in another thread that those are those one peice aftermarket ebay headlights. I would put that on your list of things to change out as the stock BMW lighting is so much better. Those lights can't be putting out a proper and safe beam at night. Check out the lighting section of this forum and look into getting a proper setup.

Not to be a nag but seeing these mods you are doing makes me very doubtful that any maintenance is being done on this car. Sorry but the cheap headlights added with aftermarket bumper are kind of a tell for some of us more experienced BMW owners that a young person is spending all his money pimping out his ride instead of doing extremely important refreshing that ensures the car is running and performing in tip top shape. Just looking out for you and if I'm wrong then congrats for getting everything done before you started adding aftermarket parts. Lots of new owners are running into issues because of neglecting maintenance to instead install mods. Hope you are on the right track. If not, well I'm sure we will see you shortly posting a "help I fried my engine because my car overheated" thread. Good luck.

#12 · (Edited)
@ Mjpgolf1: ...the headlights indeed suck a** .. You're definitely correct about that. Temporary because my originals had cracked lens ...But I find it hilarious how can you form an entire opinion and straight out conclusion based off of that? Quite an assumption dont you think..? ... The maintenance on this car is 110%!! I am very particular about maintaining all of my vehicles and only use A reputable European auto service here locally. This car runs and drives beautifully ! So maybe you should really think about what you say before you assume..???
And as far as "mods".. This bumper swap is not a cheap ass ghetto mod done by some kid. It looks great and was done proper.

In regards to the question of cost for install and paint...virtually nothing my brother-in-law owns a body shop.

#13 ·
#15 ·
No, I want the meaning of 110% spelled out. We know the meaning of maintenance. It's in my signature.

#17 ·
:thumbup: lol, although that's probably a stretch. Even Mango finds stuff to replace, and the average age of all the parts on his E46 is probably less than 2 years.

Take me with a grain of salt though. I consider a car that rolled off the assembly line two minutes ago at less than 100% maintenance. After all, it's two minutes old, starting to fall apart.

#19 ·
+1

Op, Everyone always says their maintenance is 100%. I'm sure that most items on the list of major e46 maintenance are not done. I'm sorry but no adult with the funds to properly maintain a BMW buys a set of $150 headlights and puts them on his car. Doesn't make sense that spending thousands and thousands of dollars to pay a shop to maintain the car (which is even more expensive) isn't a big thing but when it comes to buying headlights, which are one of the most important safety items on your car, you go with the bargain brand ebay stuff. That's how I formed my opinion and if I'm wrong then please feel free to post up photos of engine bay and copies of the receipts showing that the following items are refreshed. entire cooling system including belts, pulleys, and tensioners, ccv system, vanos seals, fuel pump, fuel filter, cabin air filter, fresh oil, complete suspension overhaul, brakes, all vacuum hoses and lines, battery, and fresh tires. That isn't everything however it should suffice as a well maintained BMW.

Just having some fun with you op as I don't care how you spend your money or how you maintain your car, but if you can't cross off everything on the list I provided above as done and in tip top working order then no you can't claim 100% let alone 110%. All good op however I would love to see you prove me wrong with pics and maintenance list.

#20 ·
I have the same car as you and an M3 bumper as well do you know if they use the CF reinforcement? or did you have to get the bumper brackets? i have on now only slid on the side slots and with one screw going to it on each side but the front has no support whatsoever, I would appreciate any help you can give me - Thanks!

#23 ·
Says you bud. Be assured the M badge is next. It always is. Then, the 'my cooling system exploded' thread. And then there will be the 'is the head gasket blown' thread. And then the 'farewell e46 fanatics scrapyard came & got the car' thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.