----> Official Formula 1 Thread <---- (Now w/ Fantasy F1) - Page 72 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #1421
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
I think Renault secretly put a curse on Alonso when he left
Old 04-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #1422
325seeeye
Core Fanatic

My Ride: 325Ci, e36 325is
I don't like Alonso. But I am starting to feel bad for him.

It's pretty damning evidence that your team sucks when a driver is loaning himself out to other racing series instead. Especially for Monaco, which is the one race everyone wants to drive.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #1423
325seeeye
Core Fanatic

Well, Bahrain was a surprise. Surprised, mostly, that Bottas is less threatening than I thought. I expected a bit more pace from Bottas, particularly at the start of the race when he had clean air. He was holding up 2-5th place.

Last edited by 325seeeye; 04-16-2017 at 08:31 PM.
325seeeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #1424
ken@bimmertools
Is NOT A Mechanic

My Ride: F30
Honda better be taking care of Alonso like he owns them. Perez is the man. Hamilton/Vettel battle will be all about reliability this year.

I'm predicting Max is a sure thing for 3rd place in the championship, possibly a contender for 2nd if they can keep his car running.

Bimmertools is under new ownership! Please welcome Taylor@bimmertools.com.
Click Here to say hi.
ken@bimmertools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #1425
325seeeye
Core Fanatic

Bottas getting his first win in Sochi. Maybe he can challenge after all.

It was an odd race. Bottas pulled away from Vettel on the first stint. Then was significantly slower in the second stint. And the first stint was almost half the race distance with the ultra-soft tires and they seemed to last. But the second half on the harder super soft tires showed faster lap time degradation. I don't mind an F1 race coming to the wire, but it seemed odd.

It is also odd to see Hamilton get beaten outright. Not just by Bottas, but Raikkonen? And though Hamilton had heat management problems in the race, he was 4th in qual to. Ferrari leading drivers and constructors. I'm glad competition is back.

I don't like Alonso, but I am starting to actually have sympathy. His McLaren didn't even made it around the formation lap without breaking.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #1426
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Jeep JK/Yamaha FZ1
Russia was the usual snore fest.

From what I remember, Hamilton had some issues with his car.

I lol'd hard when the Alonso's car stopped before the lights went out. Mclaren is sh!t.
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #1427
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Alonso ditching Monaco for the Indianapolis 500 says it all for McLaren right now
Old 05-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #1428
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
Alonso ditching Monaco for the Indianapolis 500 says it all for McLaren right now
I'm sure Hamilton or someone has asked to do the same because Alonso did. But mate, your car actually works.

I seriously can not wait to see him get out of the car mid race and lose his sh1t. He has far better patience than I.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #1429
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

This is becoming a fvcking joke!

Eternal F1 Sad Boy Fernando Alonso Left To Play Paddle After His Engine Blew Up On Its First Lap

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/eterna...dle-1795163157
Old 05-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #1430
325seeeye
Core Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
This is becoming a fvcking joke!

Eternal F1 Sad Boy Fernando Alonso Left To Play Paddle After His Engine Blew Up On Its First Lap

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/eterna...dle-1795163157
But amazingly, Alonso put the repaired pile of sh!t in the top 10 for the grid for Spain. I didn't expect that.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #1431
325seeeye
Core Fanatic

Ugggghhhh. After fighting what everyone talks about, I am starting to get bored with F1. Spain was almost a race between Vettel / Hamilton, but it was largely a parade.

I started watching F1 in the Schumacher / Haikkonen days. It was much more exciting then.

If I become honest, F1 has sucked ever since they stopped in-race refueling and since they went to 1 tire manufacturer.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #1432
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

I couldn't agree more. I started watching in 2007 and it's so boring now. They need refueling back, get rid of the hybrid crap, and let them use whatever tires they want. Why the fvck do they have to use two different compounds? Does any other sport do this?

Also, I wish NBC could can the three announcers. They are fvcking terrible and make the race more boring than it already is. Hobbs is a mumbling old fart. "Oh yes, steady you young chap" Will Buxton can stay. Every time I watch a replay online the announcers are so much more enthusiastic and edgy.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #1433
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
----&gt; Official Formula 1 Thread &lt;---- (Now w/ Fantasy F1)

Sorry if r. but good news.

Robert Kubica has been behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car for the first time in six years, Renault have confirmed.

Polish driver Kubica, 32, was very highly rated during his F1 career, and even took a victory at the Canadian Grand Prix in 2008 while driving for BMW Sauber.

When BMW pulled out of F1 at the end of 2009 he switched to Renault for 2010 and was all set to continue for the team - which had rebranded as Lotus - in 2011 when he had a rally accident that ended his Grand Prix career.

But in the last few months he has been privately testing a number of different single seaters including a GP3 car, a Formula E car and an LMP2 Dallara.

And now he has stepped back into an F1 cockpit for the first time since pre-season testing in 2011.

The Renault F1 team confirmed the Pole had driven their show car, which is a Lotus E20 chassis from 2012, at Valencia.

https://drivetribe.com/p/KgcxlpNYRCq...source=organic

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics inspiration Robolop: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...87566&page=101

2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.

Last edited by swordsman11868; 06-06-2017 at 04:05 PM.
swordsman11868 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #1434
ken@bimmertools
Is NOT A Mechanic

/\ That is fantastic news. It will be interesting to see if he makes it onto the roster as a full time driver. I normally don't find myself rooting for anyone in particular, but I was definitely a Kubica fan.

Click Here to say hi.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:38 AM   #1435
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

I saw that on Autosport earlier yesterday. Good to see him able to drive an F1 car again. I had high hopes of a miracle return after his accident.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #1436
ken@bimmertools
Is NOT A Mechanic

Alonso. Good lord, do I feel for that man.

Click Here to say hi.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #1437
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

That was a pretty entertaining race, especially the Force India battle. I saw Alonso still in it towards the end and was surprised by that, and that he was in the points. I almost spit my drink out when I saw his car stopped.

The atmosphere at Mclaren must be outstanding!

Last edited by -Ross-; 06-12-2017 at 12:23 PM.