E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 08:34 AM   #761
Astheros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 881
My Ride: BMW
In other news: it has come to light that the officer who killed Alton Sterling told him "i am going to kill you bitch" after pointing his gun at Sterlings head before any of the altercation took place.


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
__________________
Evil men will triumph so long as good men stand by and do nothing.
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #762
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 127
My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astheros View Post
In other news: it has come to light that the officer who killed Alton Sterling told him "i am going to kill you bitch" after pointing his gun at Sterlings head before any of the altercation took place.


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Wow, I had not heard that. Do you have a link to that?
__________________
Quote:
"Never invest power in government that you would feel uncomfortable leaving in the hands of your worst opponent." -Ben Domenech
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #763
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 127
My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astheros View Post
While police initially stated that the car full of teens was driving "aggressively towards the officer" prompting the shot, Balch Springs Police Chief Jonathon Haber quickly recanted the account after viewing officer worn body camera on Monday.

"In a hurry to get the statement out, I misspoke," said Haber at a press conference on Monday. "I take responsibility for that, he said.


Seems like the chief and M3Inline needs to sit and talk about "waiting for the evidence to come out"



Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Not sure what your point is about M3Inline, I think he has been pretty consistent about waiting for the evidence. That said, in my head's court of opinion, this cop has been guilty of something since day 1. Frankly, I am surprised he has not been charged with murder yet. I can only assume there may evidence pointing to simple incompetence rather than intent - and I am only assuming those distinctions bear on the ultimate charge(s), IANAL, mileage may vary, etc.
__________________
Quote:
"Never invest power in government that you would feel uncomfortable leaving in the hands of your worst opponent." -Ben Domenech
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #764
Astheros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 881
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Not sure what your point is about M3Inline, I think he has been pretty consistent about waiting for the evidence. That said, in my head's court of opinion, this cop has been guilty of something since day 1. Frankly, I am surprised he has not been charged with murder yet. I can only assume there may evidence pointing to simple incompetence rather than intent - and I am only assuming those distinctions bear on the ultimate charge(s), IANAL, mileage may vary, etc.


Google the thing about Sterling. Too tired to search for links....his lawyer is even quoted as saying "if he did say that, it doesnt rise to the level of illegal behavior" . Lmao.

This...like every other incident where a cop has nothing to stand on will be deemed a "investigation underway" case....the PD will wait until no one remembers/cares anymore and then find the officer not guilty.

"We have to wait for the evidence"...many times is cop-speak for "we ****ed up....so lets wait for the friday before a long weekend to not take responsibility"


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________
Evil men will triumph so long as good men stand by and do nothing.
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #765
CicciLaPorta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 8
My Ride: 2003 325Ci
You mean like the Kelly Thomas incident?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
__________________
CicciLaPorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #766
Astheros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 881
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CicciLaPorta View Post
You mean like the Kelly Thomas incident?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk


2.5 years is plenty of time for people to forget and criminals to go free.

Anyone that thinks that our current system of holding cops accountable (ie: investigating them) is fair and impartial is an idiot.

The whole justice system is a revolving door of "you scratch my back, ill scratch yours"


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________
Evil men will triumph so long as good men stand by and do nothing.
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #767
CicciLaPorta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 8
My Ride: 2003 325Ci
Speaking of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours":
http://www.khou.com/mb/news/investig...otos/441047004

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
__________________

Last edited by CicciLaPorta; 05-19-2017 at 12:59 PM.
CicciLaPorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #768
BreakfastBurrito
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 362
My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CicciLaPorta View Post
Speaking of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours":
http://www.khou.com/mb/news/investig...otos/441047004

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Pix of nudes?

Sent from my Pixel using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #769
Westrace
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 182
My Ride: 06 G35, 04 M3 Coupe
I once got two cops came in my house and dragged me off. **** that.
Westrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use