E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #81
Grande D

My Ride: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memlol View Post
MSRP for a 5.0 GT with cloth recaros and no nav is under 45k CDN$. That's with the performance package as well.

That's 35k USD @ MSRP. Sooooooo you're wrong
Cloth aka not premium. I wonder how many people on this site could see themselves in the base model. I said it could easily top $40k, not that you can't keep it under $40k. You can keep the 370Z, 228i, 370z, 328i, etc. under $40k as well.

For instance, you can get a 228i track pack for $35k. I'd take that over any non-premium mustang based on accommodations. Between a 5.0 track pack premium and an M235i I'd have to think it over. The point is they are price competitive.

And frankly I'm excited for the new franken-CRX. I love Honda's engineering at their finest. As much as Ford has been kicking ass recently, I'm more excited about this than the Focus RS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Get out and walk. Meet people.
It will change your life!
------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
It's ok, the world needs boring people

Last edited by Grande D; 03-16-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #82
IFX

My Ride: M156
nobody cares about hondas, except people with hondas.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #83
Cheapbimmer

My Ride: M3
Honda over the years has had some of the best damn engineering. Motorcycles, cars, atv's, even friggen lawnmowers. When the brains get the green light to do something cool, it usually turns out really well. I think over the last 20 or so years I'd bet they've had some REALLY good stuff, but the bean counters and epa/government crap have probably limited what they can feasibly put out.

I'm glad they are putting something badass out again, competition amongst brands is never a bad thing.
Cheapbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #84
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Which, given the fact that Honda is always top 5 in worldwide sales, that's a lot of fvcking people that care about Honda.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #85
Stankia

My Ride: F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbimmer View Post
Honda over the years has had some of the best damn engineering. Motorcycles, cars, atv's, even friggen lawnmowers. When the brains get the green light to do something cool, it usually turns out really well. I think over the last 20 or so years I'd bet they've had some REALLY good stuff, but the bean counters and epa/government crap have probably limited what they can feasibly put out.

I'm glad they are putting something badass out again, competition amongst brands is never a bad thing.
Except F1 engines as of late
Old 03-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #86
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
When this happens, and it will... That's when I finally sell my S2k:

Unless you really need the money badly, that would be a huge mistake.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #87
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
One thing the Japanese are not good at is timeless design. See Comic Sans level Type-R logo for details.
Depends......95%, you're right. They do have some exceptions.....Supra, 240z, Honda S600, '72 Skyline 2000, 73 Trueno, 71 Bluebird Coupe, original FJ, NSX....and a bunch of others. They can make some cool stuff when they want to, but sadly theyd rather build appliances.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #88
boostedisbetter

My Ride: NiNe tHoUsAnD!!!
Quote:
You're just trying to be a dick on the forums today, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Unless you really need the money badly, that would be a huge mistake.
Oh you are expecting a jump in value down the road? My S is paid off, I'd probably just garage it and buy the new one... Good call.

Quote:
Depends......95%, you're right. They do have some exceptions.....Supra, 240z, Honda S600, '72 Skyline 2000, 73 Trueno, 71 Bluebird Coupe, original FJ, NSX....and a bunch of others. They can make some cool stuff when they want to, but sadly theyd rather build appliances.
Don't forget the 3rd gen rx-7 and R34 skyline

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 03-17-2015 at 02:43 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #89
Memlol

My Ride: samsquatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
Cloth aka not premium. I wonder how many people on this site could see themselves in the base model. I said it could easily top $40k, not that you can't keep it under $40k. You can keep the 370Z, 228i, 370z, 328i, etc. under $40k as well.

For instance, you can get a 228i track pack for $35k. I'd take that over any non-premium mustang based on accommodations. Between a 5.0 track pack premium and an M235i I'd have to think it over. The point is they are price competitive.

And frankly I'm excited for the new franken-CRX. I love Honda's engineering at their finest. As much as Ford has been kicking ass recently, I'm more excited about this than the Focus RS.
Full load premium with 50yr and gt pack with nav is just under 40k usd msrp. Figured we were talking about track cars which is why I went with the recaro cloth and no nav as my first example
Memlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #90
boostedisbetter

Nobody cares about mustangs except people with mustangs, go drone elsewhere.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #91
Fergo
Banned User

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Mustang? More like gaystang
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #92
NFRs2000nyc

I like me a nice mustang. I like the old fastbacks and I like the new stuff as well. I love all rides, so long as they are cool. If I had the space (and the spare cash) I'd buy anything and everything interesting. Hell, I'd buy a trabant, purely for the lulz and the history. I love seeing an oddball ride at the car shows, those guys are the best to talk to.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #93
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: E60M
Quote:
I like me a nice mustang. I like the old fastbacks and I like the new stuff as well. I love all rides, so long as they are cool. If I had the space (and the spare cash) I'd buy anything and everything interesting. Hell, I'd buy a trabant, purely for the lulz and the history. I love seeing an oddball ride at the car shows, those guys are the best to talk to.

I'd rock an isetta, I won't lie.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #94
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Once upon a time when I worked in the car/truck modding business, we did up a phantom dually for a magazine cover shoot. Wild paint job, slammed, loud, big wheels/tires, nothing subtle about it. We took it to some car shows and drove it around the cruising spots sometimes. Definitely got some looks.

One night, a BMWCCA racer that I was buddies with showed up with his newest toy, a bright red Isetta. We did two laps up and down the main cruising street and I swear that little thing turned more heads and got more looks than our publicity truck. It was quite an experience.

The steering column attached to the door. Feeling like there's basically nothing between your feet and the rear bumper of the car in front of you. 360 degree visibility. It was really cool.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #95
NFRs2000nyc

Isettas are very interesting as well, definitely something I'd collect. There are a couple of Russian heaps that I'd buy, some French stuff that's cool, tons of Japanese stuff, lots of euro weird and a fleet of American iron (my fave). I need a bigger garage.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #96
217Bimmer

My Ride: Dodge Durango
Quote:
nobody cares about hondas, except gheys.
fixedit

Quote:
I always have to laugh when I see a thread described as "Not Work Safe." Is there anything on the OT forum that's really "work safe"? If I were your boss, I'd be mad if you spent any time on this forum at work at all. How is a picture of a naked girl any less work safe than, say, a picture of a matador getting gored in the *** by an angry bull? - VaderDave
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #97
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
I crack myself up
fixedit
Old 03-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #98
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Steve Urkel FTW!
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #99
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
fixedit
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #100
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
A pre-production model, supposedly at production spec, crushed that previous time by seven seconds for a whopping time of 7:43.80.

Go Honda.

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 04-24-2017 at 09:52 AM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote