E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #141
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Cruise Ship prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
The effort to sneak booze on a boat just doesn't seem worth it to me, plus you have to go back to your room to get a drink or carry it around with you in a bag, maybe I have just outgrown the college mentality of it all but I would just rather get a booze package and be able to drink as much as I want wherever I want.

The honeymoon cruise on Azamara includes a booze package but I am going to upgrade to the premium package, its only $21 a day, I get a $200 on board credit so it will pretty much be free.

It's a very low class pheasant thing to do, and something I'd expect 20 year olds on a carnival cruise to attempt. Drinking liquor from a suitcase on a megayacht cruising the European hot spots screams poor and trashy lol.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 06-28-2016 at 02:08 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:26 PM   #142
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
It's a very low class pheasant thing to do, and something I'd expect 20 year olds on a carnival cruise to attempt. Drinking liquor from a suitcase on a megayacht cruising the European hot spots screams poor and trashy lol.
I honestly agree 100%, but to each their own.

Azamara actually lets you bring a bottle on board to gaff in your stateroom.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #143
SuperFan86

My Ride: '14 Jeep GC
Quote:
It works for some people, but after looking at the packages, they really are not bad if you can limit them to just one person and "share." The unlimited just set me back $255, but that breaks down to $36 per day, which is less than a basic bar tab.

Considering we normally have a couple of beers over dinner and at least 1 at lunch, we are halfway there already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.

Last edited by SuperFan86; 06-28-2016 at 02:45 PM.
SuperFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #144
bgsmith

Cruise is in a couple weeks, I am allowed to have two bottles in my room at any given time so I'll be bringing some scotch and maybe some wine. Probably won't get a booze package, we will most likely get a wine package instead, trip needs to get here.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #145
SuperFan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Cruise is in a couple weeks, I am allowed to have two bottles in my room at any given time so I'll be bringing some scotch and maybe some wine. Probably won't get a booze package, we will most likely get a wine package instead, trip needs to get here.
I'd verify you can bring scotch. RC was 2 750 ml bottles of wine only.

We ended up not doing the booze package and were happier for it.

I bought a bottle of wine on the first night at dinner for a "discount" and my wife had a glass each night. It was about $35, but combined with the 2 bottles we brought on board with us, I abstained onboard and she was able to have a buzz in the evenings. That was our only alcohol charge.

All our ports were all-day stops in Europe, so we were able to drink plenty off the ship for 1-2 Euro per glass.

Quote:
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #146
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
I'd verify you can bring scotch. RC was 2 750 ml bottles of wine only.

We ended up not doing the booze package and were happier for it.

I bought a bottle of wine on the first night at dinner for a "discount" and my wife had a glass each night. It was about $35, but combined with the 2 bottles we brought on board with us, I abstained onboard and she was able to have a buzz in the evenings. That was our only alcohol charge.

All our ports were all-day stops in Europe, so we were able to drink plenty off the ship for 1-2 Euro per glass.
Yup, I confirmed I could bring scotch, and we are thinking most drinking will be done off the ship as well so no need to get any type of additional booze package (we get free booze already, just nothing high end, Smirnoff vodka etc).

We may get a 5 bottle wine package, we figured we will probably eat at least a few nights on ship and we would go through a bottle each meal.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #147
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Where are you going to?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #148
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Where are you going to?
Heading over there early and going to the Monaco Grand Prix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2610.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	654819  
Old 05-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #149
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
hory sheet, that looks awesome.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #150
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
hory sheet, that looks awesome.
Yeah I'm at the point where it just needs to get here already.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #151
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Old 05-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #152
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Well, the answer depends on a lot of factors, but for the most part, if you're going to go all out and have a shipyard build a ship that will earn the title of the biggest ever built, you're going to need a billion dollars plus. The current title holders, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, cost Royal Caribbean $1.3 billion and $1.4 billion, respectively.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #153
NFRs2000nyc

I just recently got back from an RC cruise, and sadly, it was not the most pleasant experience, mostly from misinformation from their booking reps. After some choice words on twitter and numerous exchanges with the big wigs in Miami, I was able to make some wrongs right, but it was generally an unpleasant experience. I am sure you will have a good time on the Oasis especially with good islands, but we are done with cruising. The race to the bottom made it not very pleasant for us. Of course, everything is subjective, and our ideas of fun and quality may differ.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 05-11-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #154
bgsmith

Quote:
I just recently got back from an RC cruise, and sadly, it was not the most pleasant experience, mostly from misinformation from their booking reps. After some choice words on twitter and numerous exchanges with the big wigs in Miami, I was able to make some wrongs right, but it was generally an unpleasant experience. I am sure you will have a good time on the Oasis especially with good islands, but we are done with cruising. The race to the bottom made it not very pleasant for us. Of course, everything is subjective, and our ideas of fun and quality may differ.
I am going on an Azamara cruise, been on two RC with no issues, but my mother in law is a travel agent and retired lawyer who doesn't **** ariund, I think the cruise lines are afraid of her, she gets to the red carpet rolled out for her clients.

I could see how a cruise experience could go south real quick though.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #155
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Well, the answer depends on a lot of factors, but for the most part, if you're going to go all out and have a shipyard build a ship that will earn the title of the biggest ever built, you're going to need a billion dollars plus. The current title holders, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, cost Royal Caribbean $1.3 billion and $1.4 billion, respectively.
fvcking smartass
Old 05-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #156
SuperFan86

Quote:
First and only cruise was a RC. It wasn't "bad" but it wasn't our style at all. We departed in November from Venice, Italy, and were the only Americans on board. Somehow it was still full of trailer trash people who seemed more interested in finding the ice cream dispenser than taking advantage of the ports of call. That and openly racist British people.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2017, 04:07 AM   #157
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: E46 Dinan 330ci
For general cruises I'll still push the 1000 passenger or so boats over these new mega-ships. Haven't taken one in awhile though but I'm a cruise guy...chill, eat drink do an excursion or two at each stop, don't want to deal with the party hard lines or ones with lots of kids. My favorite lines are Holland America and Crystal.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 05-14-2017 at 04:08 AM.
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #158
NFRs2000nyc

Cruise Ship prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch330ciTopasBlau View Post
For general cruises I'll still push the 1000 passenger or so boats over these new mega-ships. Haven't taken one in awhile though but I'm a cruise guy...chill, eat drink do an excursion or two at each stop, don't want to deal with the party hard lines or ones with lots of kids. My favorite lines are Holland America and Crystal.

But the crowd size is relative. The 1000 passenger ship is going to be 4x smaller than a 4000 passenger ship, so the feeling of it being crowded would be the same. The cruise lines you mentioned though would certainly have a more classy crowd and less undesirables.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 05-14-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #159
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: E46 Dinan 330ci
Staff ratio is better, less mass of humanity is a big part too.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #160
emmm_three

My Ride: ML350/325i/330ci/M3
This thread still going?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using E46Fanatics mobile app