E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #41
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
Remember the cop that went on a killing spree and said he was to expose his department?
What ever happened to those dvds (or videos or information)?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #42
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
We shall see how the jury feels.
Indeed. We. Shall.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #43
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
We shall see how the jury feels.
if the jury finds the cop guilty will you say that they don't know what they're talking about because they don't work the streets?

Last edited by mistrzmiasta; 07-30-2015 at 08:42 AM.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #44
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
^Agree to disagree.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #45
boostedisbetter

My Ride: NiNe tHoUsAnD!!!
Quote:
...I would have directed DuBose out of that vehicle the moment that he began to act suspiciously, and I would have ordered him to remove the keys from the ignition and place them on the roof the car. That may not have changed the final result however.
Exactly this.

What sucks about this DuBose case is..... It's already turning into a race issue

Officer wasn't being racist at all and now there's a BLACK LIVES MATTER rally

What if he DID not shot him and the officer got stuck in the window, the driver ran into a tree and split the officer's body in two? I know, we can "WHAT IF" this all day, but this is a really difficult case as I see it...
Old 07-30-2015, 08:57 AM   #46
bagher
Account closed.

Send a message via AIM to bagher
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...eing-indicted/
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:03 AM   #47
boostedisbetter

Wait he lied on the police report knowing he had a body cam? This guy is an idiot and knows he effed up, I change my mind, throw the book at 'em and make an example of him.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 07-30-2015 at 09:03 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #48
bagher
Account closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
Wait he lied on the police report knowing he had a body cam? This guy is an idiot and knows he effed up, I change my mind, throw the book at 'em and make an example of him.

Don't forget his thin blue line buddies covering up his lies. Imagine now what the outcome would be without a body camera.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #49
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
if the jury finds the cop guilty will you say that they don't know what they're talking about because they don't work the streets?

If they find him guilty, then they find him guilty.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #50
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

The Official "Bad Cop" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post

No he didn't "lie". This is a semantical debate here. You can clearly see and hear [in the video] DuBose start the vehicle and start driving while Tensing's arm is inside the perimeter of the vehicle. I think what's happening here is when Tensing is saying "dragged", he means that the car began moving while his arm was in the vehicle, and he had to shuffle his feet/move with the car (..which ultimately led to him falling on his ass). When the emotional public hears the word "drag", they're envisioning him sliding on the ground as the vehicle is progressing forward. Tensing should have articulated better, but he didn't lie. In addition, all of the sensationalism is in play here. The media wants to cite "a minor front plate violation" (...which ignores the fact that the minor violations are often how we catch criminals), but the real issue was the fact that DuBose couldn't produce identification and was driving on public roads without a license. He also started acting suspiciously when questioned and the officer's instinct kicked in that something was amiss. It was validated when DuBose started the car and attempted to leave the scene. It isn't about DuBose's skin color, nor was it ever.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-30-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #51
bagher
Account closed.

Quote:
No he didn't "lie". This is a semantical debate here. You can clearly see and hear [in the video] DuBose start the vehicle and start driving while Tensing's arm is inside the perimeter of the vehicle. I think what's happening here is when Tensing is saying "dragged", he means that the car began moving while his arm was in the vehicle, and he had to shuffle his feet/move with the car (..which ultimately led to him falling on his ass). When the emotional public hears the word "drag", they're envisioning him sliding on the ground as the vehicle is progressing forward. Tensing should have articulated better, but he didn't lie. In addition, all of the sensationalism is in play here. The media wants to cite "a minor front plate violation", but the real issue was the fact that DuBose couldn't produce identification and was driving on public roads without a license. He also started acting suspiciously when questioned and the officer's instinct kicked in that something was amiss. It was validated when DuBose started the car and attempted to leave the scene. It isn't about DuBose's skin color, nor was it ever.
the problem is all a police officer has to do is say he was "feeling threatened" whether or not it's true.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #52
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
the problem is all a police officer has to do is say he was "feeling threatened" whether or not it's true.

That didn't happen (...referring to your insinuation that all a cop needs to do is lie), so this piece of muck is irrelevant.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:44 AM   #53
boostedisbetter

Quote:
No he didn't "lie". This is a semantical debate here. You can clearly see and hear [in the video] DuBose start the vehicle and start driving while Tensing's arm is inside the perimeter of the vehicle. I think what's happening here is when Tensing is saying "dragged", he means that the car began moving while his arm was in the vehicle, and he had to shuffle his feet/move with the car (..which ultimately led to him falling on his ass). When the emotional public hears the word "drag", they're envisioning him sliding on the ground as the vehicle is progressing forward. Tensing should have articulated better, but he didn't lie. In addition, all of the sensationalism is in play here. The media wants to cite "a minor front plate violation" (...which ignores the fact that the minor violations are often how we catch criminals), but the real issue was the fact that DuBose couldn't produce identification and was driving on public roads without a license. He also started acting suspiciously when questioned and the officer's instinct kicked in that something was amiss. It was validated when DuBose started the car and attempted to leave the scene. It isn't about DuBose's skin color, nor was it ever.
ok ya, I guess the "DRAGGING" term needs to be defined.......... Also, a car CAN be considered a 'deadly weapon' , no?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #54
c5vette211

My Ride: C6
a vehicle is considered a weapon and the word dragged can mean something different to every person involved. So will he get convicted? Prob. Should he? Thats a tough one. He wasnt being racist or mean or anything so, i dont know that he should be punished like he intended to harm this guy. he reacted. and for all we know the gun may have gone off because the guy took off and his hand was in the car and hit the b pillar then finger was on the trigger and kablewee
c5vette211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #55
bagher
Account closed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0074ba5a53417
Old 07-30-2015, 09:52 AM   #56
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
If they find him guilty, then they find him guilty.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #57
c5vette211

My Ride: C6
there are sooo many bad cops we would never be able to catch them all. in the situation in question it is not a corrupt cop. that is clear. so we need to have a better justice system that will see things that are happening and judge correctly. Give every cop a camera and mic and then there is 100% accountability for everything they do. if it is shut off at any point in your shift your fired. DONE.
c5vette211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #58
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post

Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #59
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5vette211 View Post
there are sooo many bad cops we would never be able to catch them all. in the situation in question it is not a corrupt cop. that is clear. so we need to have a better justice system that will see things that are happening and judge correctly.

Basically!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:10 AM   #60
Knight

My Ride: '05 330Ci | '01 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5vette211 View Post
Give every cop a camera and mic and then there is 100% accountability for everything they do. if it is shut off at any point in your shift your fired. DONE.
I agree with this kind of approach, although I would amend the last part a bit based on timing of equipment malfunction (e.g. driving on patrol vs. while discharging their firearm).

Far too many examples in this country of weak/poor character being issued the power of a badge and a gun.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote