E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #221
halo0

My Ride: '02 330i 5mt
I have that exact jack! It's great. As well as a small aluminum racing jack from there. You'd be surprised how often it comes in handy to have 2 jacks, especially when you're really low.

Also if you don't already have an electric impact gun I can't recommend that enough. Saves me so much time and energy taking wheels on and off and adjusting suspension (rear shock mount).

^Click, stop by and say hi.^ ------ 5% off Redline leather

Last edited by halo0; 05-04-2017 at 04:52 PM.
halo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #222
evanr614

My Ride: used 2 have 2 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo0 View Post
I have that exact jack! It's great. As well as a small aluminum racing jack from there. You'd be surprised how often it comes in handy to have 2 jacks, especially when you're really low.

Also if you don't already have an electric impact gun I can't recommend that enough. Saves me so much time and energy taking wheels on and off and adjusting suspension (rear shock mount).

Yeah I had an electric impact at home but can't afford one just yet. I have a breaker bar that I'll use for now. I'm used to having two jacks as well. I think i can jack up a rear corner, stick a stand under the front corner, and then jack up the center. I'm hoping that works...The rear will be easier so long as that method works.

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=
evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #223
halo0

That method definitely works.

One of the greatest things about the impact is that if you put the car up in the air without remembering to break the wheel bolts free first (which I do all the time) you don't have to put it back down.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:40 PM   #224
evanr614

Quote:
That method definitely works.

One of the greatest things about the impact is that if you put the car up in the air without remembering to break the wheel bolts free first (which I do all the time) you don't have to put it back down.

did some ride height adjustments tonight. actually only needed a small amount of help on the corner from the factory jack in the trunk. this harbor freight jack is really nice.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #225
evanr614

welp the wrap is officially removed. took about a day and a half. my fingers are sore. here are the last pictures taken with the blue wrap on. i never have gotten a proper gas station picture until now.

it was a very cool learning experience and i'll be redoing it sometime in the future with a more permanent color.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #226
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
The blue looks really good in that light. Gas station pics are the bane of Craigslist, but you clearly showed them how it's done.

Why'd you remove the wrap? Just tired of it?

Current: '02 330i/5 '10 Mazda5 '72 240Z
Past: '85 GSL-SE '95 540i/6 '95 525i/5 '86 635CSi/5 '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #227
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Go sapphire blue metallic or something similar

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #228
evanr614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
The blue looks really good in that light. Gas station pics are the bane of Craigslist, but you clearly showed them how it's done.

Why'd you remove the wrap? Just tired of it?

haha thank you. it does look good in that light. it's just too flashy for this car. i get asked about it just about every other day it feels like, because it really is stunning in person but it gets annoying. i really thought i liked it when i purchased the roll but as i got closer and closer to completely finishing it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
Go sapphire blue metallic or something similar

i'm still debating what to do. there's a chance i just have some paint work done to the bumpers and side skirts because i'm not sure how much more time i want to keep putting into this thing. peeling off the vinyl was giving me nightmarish flashbacks from applying it lol. it's really not all that bad just time consuming and i'm not sure i want to do it again or not yet. if i do wrap it again it'll be something very close to white. i've got my eyes on this oyster grey that's super close to alpine just a little more unique.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Old 05-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #229
orb
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanr614 View Post
peeling off the vinyl was giving me nightmarish flashbacks from applying it lol. it's really not all that bad just time consuming and i'm not sure i want to do it again or not yet.
when we doing mine?

Old 05-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #230
evanr614

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
when we doing mine?

i'd be glad to give a helping hand in getting you started lol you'll pick it up quick

Old 05-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #231
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
I would even voucher for a dark red, something similar to sienna red for your next rap. Will definitely be a head-turner

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #232
Mflara20

My Ride: 04 330i
I love the wheels! Specs please!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Mflara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #233
evanr614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflara20 View Post
I love the wheels! Specs please!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Style 270 18x8 ET 20 squared. Thanks! I love them too. The concave is great

Old 05-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #234
evanr614

Well sooner than expected, i've received about half the material for the new color. I think i'm actually in love this time. This one will be permanent. Did the gas cap tonight to compare it to the white, and the primer on the bumper gives you a really good feel for the color. Won't be able to focus on it until I get these replacement axles in.

Last edited by evanr614; 05-19-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #235
evanr614

evanr614's 328Ci progress thread (updated 5/19/17)

So I think it's time to hunt down a new door...got real up close and personal with the rust that I was aware of on my driver door. Thankfully it barely shows from the outside, but it's really bad. That way I don't have to worry about fixing the door handle also. The passenger side isn't nearly as bad, and since it's just been wrapped anyways I'm going to hit it with a wire wheel, sand it some and just hit it with some primer sealant. I think the driver door has to go however...here's a video. Rust makes me so sad lol, I'm excited for when the time comes and I can pick up a different E46 (hopefully an M3) that's lived it's life down here in Florida.

Also knocked out the trunk yesterday in the new color.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Last edited by evanr614; 05-22-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM   #236
halo0

Yikes. I'm currently trying to make a decision about what to do with my car. I have rust at the driver's side rear fender bubbling through from the back. I already fixed the passenger side a couple years ago (body shop). I also have some spots bubbling at the window trim and inside the door jambs. Not sure if it's worth it to put the money into getting it fixed or just try to find a new car. I've put so much work into this one though that I'd hate to let it go.

Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #237
evanr614

Quote:
Yikes. I'm currently trying to make a decision about what to do with my car. I have rust at the driver's side rear fender bubbling through from the back. I already fixed the passenger side a couple years ago (body shop). I also have some spots bubbling at the window trim and inside the door jambs. Not sure if it's worth it to put the money into getting it fixed or just try to find a new car. I've put so much work into this one though that I'd hate to let it go.

I'm gonna hit the driver side with a wire wheel just for fun and see what happens lol. i don't plan to get rid of this car ever so i'm just going to have to deal with it!

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #238
halo0

How are your wheel arches at the bumper attachment point?

Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #239
evanr614

Quote:
How are your wheel arches at the bumper attachment point?

in the rear i assume? driver side is fine. the passenger has very very light bubbling, pretty much completely unnoticeable, i'm sure it will get worse but not for a really long time. it might be early enough to do a cheaper quick fix by myself on that spot. i'll post some pics of that spot later just for grins. vinyl covered it up just fine haha

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #240
JDA33

My Ride: 2003 325i
That car looks absolutely gorgeous. I've really enjoyed looking through the progress of the thread.

I was never a fan of wraps, but I think that looks amazing. I was wondering how much material you had to buy to wrap the whole car?
Did you purchase a 5ft x 75 ft and just go for it so you had extra, or did it require far less, or maybe more? After seeing how great the wrap looks on your car, with the rough shape of the paint on my car I would considering doing a wrap. Especially since I'm on the fence about going with an M-Tech bumper... Would want it to match properly.
JDA33 is offline   Reply With Quote