E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #61
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: fast
^ rofl

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #62
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
LOL, but this isn't the thread to put you in your ignorant place
I would love to hear the attorney's take on climate change. Enlighten us.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #63
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
LOL, but this isn't the thread to put you in your ignorant place

anyway

The meltdowns are hilarious. Hilarity will be on tap for weeks on end.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #64
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Active Shooter at Valley College. SWAT has been deployed. Here we go.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:12 PM   #65
Astheros

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
This is very, very bad news

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...pa-transition/
Quote:
Because it goes against literally every bit of data that the scientific community, the military, and the DOD have all accepted as fact. The earth is warming at unprecedented levels that cannot be explained by natural fluctuations. I was in the "part of a natural cycle" camp for a loooong time but you can't argue the numbers. Atmospheric data from ice cores allows us to accurately model the changes in CO2 back hundreds of thousands of years and while we do see the CO2 level naturally fluctuating, it has blown past any previous highs and is continuing to climb.

even if we were to omit the scientific data. i dont understand how people can deny climate change. every year we have weather patterns/storms that have never been seen before.

i mean who would have ever though Manhattan would at some point be under water.

but its politics as usual in washington.....private corporation senior officer to head of govt agency and vice versa. revolving door of conflicting interests.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #66
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
It is beyond terrible. It's the only thing I really care about going to a new president, and this guy is about to seriously do the planet in with all this drill baby drill nonsense.. I could deal with the social conservatism, but his environmental policy is beyond atrocious. I hope him the worst, and Mike Pence too, may a swift assassination be in order..

Because picking someone who won't even acknowledge the problem is many years behind on presenting solutions. Time we don't really have. That permafrost in the arctic won't be holding that nice potent methane in much longer.

We could at least implement some geo-engineering temporary fixes, but when you have people who won't even believe there's a problem, why bother?
Quote:
Because it goes against literally every bit of data that the scientific community, the military, and the DOD have all accepted as fact. The earth is warming at unprecedented levels that cannot be explained by natural fluctuations. I was in the "part of a natural cycle" camp for a loooong time but you can't argue the numbers. Atmospheric data from ice cores allows us to accurately model the changes in CO2 back hundreds of thousands of years and while we do see the CO2 level naturally fluctuating, it has blown past any previous highs and is continuing to climb.

This plot really sends the point home and is a great visualization between the difference between weather and climate. Weather accounts for the small seasonal fluctuations; climate is the overall trend

And here is the plot showing CO2 levels on a longer timescale, ending December 2013.

It's not the only thing I care about, but it's a huge issue for me.
I suppose i just think it's incredibly arrogant to think that humans play a significant role in climate change.

The appointed person doesn't seem to deny the issue but rather is against knee-jerk over reactions (alarmism) to a problem that may not be all caused by humans.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #67
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I suppose i just think it's incredibly arrogant to think that humans play a significant role in climate change.

The appointed person doesn't seem to deny the issue but rather is against knee-jerk over reactions (alarmism) to a problem that may not be all caused by humans.

...and that's the position that many people hold.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:22 PM   #68
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & F56 JCW
Quote:

I don't think it much matters who's causing it, humans or nature, the effects of warming on the planet are obviously extremely negative. Florida and parts of the east will be gone, and the west will suffer continued drought, fire, and heat waves. If you think humans can't effect the environment, I invite you to take a look at this nice big hole we made in the stratosphere with some fun aerosols we made up.

Or give me a few billion budget to dump some sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide in to the upper atmosphere and watch the whole planet cool down. We humans are more than capable of altering the environment! Just because we don't go about doing so actively doesn't mean we can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #69
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
I'm at LAX and it's packed. I packed up and I'm moving to Australia. Fvck this country for whites, you took it from the natives anyway. California passed more laws that strip us of our gun rights. I'm out!
Old 11-09-2016, 11:39 PM   #70
08nafremmib

My Ride: Car
So now us Johnson supporters (and Stein supporters) are to blame.

Quote:
Fvck Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson, a Libertarian nominee so baldly ill-equipped to win the presidency that his own VP Bill Weld semi-openly supported Clinton, has done his part—to the tune of a historic 4 million votes—to help ensure a Donald Trump presidency. **** you, Gary. We see you, and we won’t forget this.

Sometime in the near future, the good people left in this country will need to rise above vindictiveness in order to adequately face what’s about to happen here. Our fury will need to widen far past one bumbling, athleisure-clad narcissist and his delirious left-wing counterpart in order to lodge a productive resistance. Not today, though.

Gary Johnson, the former governor of New Mexico, endeared himself to America’s drooling undecideds this election season through his love of weed, his “small government” twaddle, his ability to climb big mountains, his breathtakingly inadequate grasp on foreign policy, and a supposedly affable demeanor that increasingly crumbled when he was questioned on his paper-thin policy ideas, at which point he did things like this:

Green Party candidate Jill Stein received 1% of the popular vote to Johnson’s 3%. Clinton won the popular vote by about 220,000, a fraction of a percentage point. In key swing states—New Hampshire, for example—this combined leeching had an enormous impact. That’s not to say Trump happened entirely because of the third party candidates; the United States caught a virus that’s been going around, a virus that we were uniquely susceptible to; one that we refused, over and over and over again, to inoculate ourselves against. But many so-called protest voters, deprived of additional choices, may have made a different one.

Gary Johnson knew—he had to know, right?—that he was never going to be president. But he went ahead and positioned himself as the only rational choice in a contest against two equally repugnant monsters, a tremendous lie that a significant swath of the country came to believe. “This is a year when voters looking at the two establishment parties are thinking, I’m watching a scary movie and I can’t change the channel. You can change the channel!” Gary Johnson said in a Fox Business News interview.

We certainly have changed the channel, except now it’s the only channel, and it has a Russian accent, and it’s telling people to hurt each other and destroy the planet. Despite about 1.3 million years of evolution and progress, adult human beings have apparently forgotten, with astonishing speed, that bad things can actually happen to them as a result of inaction; that the world might not always be gentle with their whims; that refusing to choose is a choice, and nearly always the stupidest choice you can make.

Sleep well, Gary, you unbelievable prick. And go **** yourself.
http://theslot.jezebel.com/****-gary-johnson-1788736643_nr_
08nafremmib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #71
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:

No stoopid. We must bankrupt the country trying to fix it.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:46 PM   #72
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
I don't think it much matters who's causing it, humans or nature, the effects of warming on the planet are obviously extremely negative. Florida and parts of the east will be gone, and the west will suffer continued drought, fire, and heat waves. If you think humans can't effect the environment, I invite you to take a look at this nice big hole we made in the stratosphere with some fun aerosols we made up.

Or give me a few billion budget to dump some sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide in to the upper atmosphere and watch the whole planet cool down. We humans are more than capable of altering the environment! Just because we don't go about doing so actively doesn't mean we can't.

If one can admit nature is doing it, you would basically have to be stupid to the 15th degree to think that you can do a damn thing about it.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:20 AM   #73
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastBurrito View Post
I'm at LAX and it's packed. I packed up and I'm moving to Australia. Fvck this country for whites, you took it from the natives anyway. California passed more laws that strip us of our gun rights. I'm out!

The ammo background check is complete and utter B.S.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:34 AM   #74
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
The ammo background check is complete and utter B.S.
Well I was being facetious in my post. But yes, they pass the most asinine gun laws in CA. Background checks for ammo...

Old 11-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #75
k2pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
If one can admit nature is doing it, you would basically have to be stupid to the 15th degree to think that you can do a damn thing about it.

nature can build mountains and forests too, doesn't mean we can't take them down. Or fish the oceans to exhaustion, or change the chemical state of those big bodies of water.

The atmosphere is a tiny thing, it wouldn't be hard to change its composition. It's just also the thing keeping us alive, so best not to experiment to carelessly.

Your lack of scope and ambition is unfortunate! Humans can do big things, just takes the motivation to do so. But I suppose that's just the definite pessimist in ya from the motherland.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:37 AM   #76
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
It is beyond terrible. It's the only thing I really care about going to a new president, and this guy is about to seriously do the planet in with all this drill baby drill nonsense.. I could deal with the social conservatism, but his environmental policy is beyond atrocious. I hope him the worst, and Mike Pence too, may a swift assassination be in order..

Because picking someone who won't even acknowledge the problem is many years behind on presenting solutions. Time we don't really have. That permafrost in the arctic won't be holding that nice potent methane in much longer.

http://siberiantimes.com/ecology/cas...bove-the-norm/

We could at least implement some geo-engineering temporary fixes, but when you have people who won't even believe there's a problem, why bother?

Just so I'm clear here...you just advocated the assassination of the President elect of the US on a public message board. Have to admit, that's a new low for this board IMO. Disgusting as a matter of fact. Try saying that in public and you'll probably get a tender visit from the SS.

Last edited by david05111; 11-10-2016 at 02:38 AM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 AM   #77
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
This whole protest thing is hilarious. They're pissed their voices weren't heard (they were) and that Trump "isn't their President"...he is, or at least he will be.

I've been watching CNN all night, and they're losing their minds calling for him to reassure minorities and illegals and every liberal in America that he's there for them.

News flash: he won the election. And not only did he win the election, he won it on a platform of deporting illegals, building a wall, heavily restricting immigration / heavy vetting, rolling back executive orders and obamacare, and appointing conservative justices to SCOTUS (he'll end up appointing at least 2).

That's what half the country voted for him to do. And he's going to do it. He has all three branches. So guess what? Illegals? You're fvcked. Cry and bleat all you want. You should have come in legally. This was coming and you lost. Immigration is going to get locked down. And obamacare? Kiss it goodbye, along with most of Obama's legacy.

These people can protest until they collapse in the street for all I care. It's pouting to the highest degree. And this time, they're gonna get hammered hard. So no, I and no one else should be offering them words of comfort or encouragement. If you're here illegally, the day of reckoning is upon you.

This is retribution time. For 8 years, Obama shoved all sorts of controversial sh1t down the throats of half of America who vehemently disagreed with him. And he did it smugly, with rhetoric like "we won". And he lectured us when we disagreed, as though we were schoolchildren. This is a rebound that took a while to materialize, but it's here. And it's unstoppable at this point. Obama divided America; and at this point, if it's to be united, that's up to the left. Trump won, he's going to stick to his campaign promises, and he doesn't have to cave to any of them to appease a section of the electorate who is literally burning him in effigy in the streets like a bunch of toddlers who didnt get their new toy.

And on top of that, he's going to lower taxes, cut red tape, rip up trade agreements, etc. and it's going to be glorious to behold.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram: yippee_ki_dave

Last edited by david05111; 11-10-2016 at 02:59 AM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:13 AM   #78
k2pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Just so I'm clear here...you just advocated the assassination of the President elect of the US on a public message board. Have to admit, that's a new low for this board IMO. Disgusting as a matter of fact. Try saying that in public and you'll probably get a tender visit from the SS.

Oh the irony is too great.. we're talking about a guy who openly championed the idea of people killing his political opposition, and I've gone too far when I suggest similar treatment of him? Not like I'd do anything, just stating my wishful thinking. I'm sorry I value the irreplaceable condition of our environment more than these couple of pieces of ****. Have you read his first 100 days statement? He has made it abundantly clear his only interest is anything that sounds like it'll promote the old forms of job growth, specifically skull****ing our protected lands in to oblivion in the name of some antiquated energy source. Just dandy.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #79
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
Quote:
I would argue that it's ignorant to assume that dumping greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere will have no effect because that's not how physics works.

Let's look a this from a logical standpoint: Which is more likely? That this is a natural fluctuation unseen for nearly a million years that just happens to coincide with the industrialization of the planet - OR - humans have played a role.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #80
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
God damnit there's an entire other thread on this subject