Divorce : Not the show - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #41
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Lots of people out there married multiple times. I'm always surprised.
Yes. I have plenty of clients who have been married multiple times. I think I would have given up after the second divorce, TBH.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #42
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Sounds like a common theme with these rape accusations. My co-worker went through the same sh1t. She accuse him or rape multiple times yet no police reports, no scratches, no bruises, and no proof. Their relationship has always been rocky but yet they got married and had two boys together. While they were fighting but still married, she went and fvck three other guys while he works his @ss off, full time engineer job and consulting on the side. Even with her cheating, she manipulate him to think that it's all his fault. Even after sleeping with two other men, he was willing to accept it and forgave her. It took a lot of convincing from me and another co-worked to dump her @ss. She's not worth it. After the third guy, it was the final straw. He finally filed for divorce. With our great justice system, he was pretty much cleaned out, even though it was all her fault. It's pretty damn sad.

I've joke around with my wife about this and she said she doesn't want anything except the house and the kids. She has no idea how much I have, we have separate bank accounts and I make 5x more than her so I pay for everything. She keeps everything she makes so she never asked or care what I have. Girls are like kids, they will test you and pick on you, and keep pushing you and if you don't fight back then they lose all respect for you. Not saying you were a pvssy and was being too nice. But I'm sure you learned from this and moved on. It's good that she's no longer part of your life. It could only get better.

Last edited by Ynot; 02-06-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #43
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
@Mach - You're a good man for keeping your cool. Don't go Dexter on a bunch of women!

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by MP0WER; 02-06-2017 at 09:13 PM.
MP0WER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #44
bimmerfan08

My Ride: F
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Yes. I have plenty of clients who have been married multiple times. I think I would have given up after the second divorce, TBH.
Hence why I'm not married. Yet.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #45
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
So you've been married three times? Dang.
Year and a half or so for the first one (married right out of high school because my Momma thought I was the biggest sinner ever, I was an idiot, I know, but damn, hottest cheerleader in the six nearby high schools, and it was a fun ride while it lasted), then two years (rebound, blind date thing, set up by my present wife, #2 was simply the most bipolar human being I have ever been near). Followed by six-seven years of cutting a wide swath through the wild women of the late '70s and early '80s, and if you missed it, my sincere sympathies. As My Beloved jokes now, it's not as if I was afraid of commitment...

There was woman in my office building who said she had been "down the aisle" twelve times. Twelve (I think some were just live-ins, but I didn't ask 'cause I didn't care). First three husbands died in some job-related accidents, then she would marry and divorce about every year or two, her ninth or tenth had a heart attack, the last one before the present one died in a car wreck, and theu last one she had was about ten years younger than she was, always wore a damn ugly black cowboy hat. Had five kids total, all adults now and probably hiding in shame somewhere, as I never saw them. Had sh¡tloads of money and lived most comfortably, nice old broad who could probably drink any of us under the table.

Twelve...
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #46
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
Year and a half or so for the first one (married right out of high school because my Momma thought I was the biggest sinner ever, I was an idiot, I know, but damn, hottest cheerleader in the six nearby high schools, and it was a fun ride while it lasted), then two years (rebound, blind date thing, set up by my present wife, #2 was simply the most bipolar human being I have ever been near). Followed by six-seven years of cutting a wide swath through the wild women of the late '70s and early '80s, and if you missed it, my sincere sympathies. As My Beloved jokes now, it's not as if I was afraid of commitment...

There was woman in my office building who said she had been "down the aisle" twelve times. Twelve (I think some were just live-ins, but I didn't ask 'cause I didn't care). First three husbands died in some job-related accidents, then she would marry and divorce about every year or two, her ninth or tenth had a heart attack, the last one before the present one died in a car wreck, and theu last one she had was about ten years younger than she was, always wore a damn ugly black cowboy hat. Had five kids total, all adults now and probably hiding in shame somewhere, as I never saw them. Had sh¡tloads of money and lived most comfortably, nice old broad who could probably drink any of us under the table.

Twelve...
Dang. So were you able to get clear of your first two wives? Or do they pop back into your life from time to time? What does your third wife think about all this (if anything)?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #47
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Rule #1 of Divorce Club: You do not talk about ex-spouse in front of the kids. Period.

Eventually, they will be old enough and smart enough to figure it out.

Last edited by cd330; 02-06-2017 at 11:48 PM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:52 AM   #48
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Jeep JK/Yamaha FZ1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Girls are like kids, they will test you and pick on you, and keep pushing you and if you don't fight back then they lose all respect for you.
So true!

I learned this early on in life and have a zero bullsh1t policy with women (probably why I'm single). If I've learned one thing in life, it's that women are fvcking crazy. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but divorce stories make me never want to be legally attached to someone. Thankfully kids will never be in the equation...snip snip.

This thread immediately made me think of my brother who just got married to the SS (oddly enough her initials). She is a two face mega cvnt and he bends over backwards for her. If they ever get divorced, I know it's going to be a sh1t storm. A few years ago when he was living in Cook county they got in a fight and she started threatening to tell the cops he had illegal guns like his AR and too big of mags.

Well, back to bed.

Keep your head up Mach!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by -Ross-; 02-07-2017 at 02:54 AM.
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:19 AM   #49
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
wow i'm glad you made this thread at the time you did. i will be making the same thread in the coming months. in my case the **** has just hit the fan a few days ago and so i have a lot ahead of me. i guess all we can do , as hard as it is at times , is stay positive. thanks mach for sharing and i might PM you sometime.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #50
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
Dang. So were you able to get clear of your first two wives? Or do they pop back into your life from time to time? What does your third wife think about all this (if anything)?
First wife is off in the ozone, I never hear from her or about her (different circle of friends now, and half a continent away). Second one was a friend of My Beloved, she introduced us and arranged our first date (during the many years we knew each other, she introduced me to, and fixed me up with, a lot of her girlfriends, famously including a Cowboys cheerleader, and I introduced her to a lot of guys I knew, although I was not into the "fixing up" part. I introduced her to her first husband, and I have known her since she was 15 years old). We very rarely hear about her, and if we ever run into each other, we'll be as civil as we can be with a person who can blow air kisses at you one second and try to stab you with a fork the next. Last we heard, ten-twelve years ago, someone told My Beloved she had run into some legal trouble and was looking for someone to lend her money, so we changed the conversation right away...

Damn, I honestly haven't thought about this for years and years, thanks, I think...

As to what she thinks? My wife is well-centered and pragmatic. We often run into people we dated years ago, and it's always alright. She doesn't ask me what I do, and I don't ask her what she does (because none of it matters, then or now). It's a respectful, loving, trusting relationship not based on any sort of limits between us, and it's worked extremely well since we married in 1986... We are truly best friends.
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:28 AM   #51
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
The more I read this it sounds like you dodged a bullet.
She really doesn't sound like the woman for you.
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #52
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
First wife is off in the ozone, I never hear from her or about her (different circle of friends now, and half a continent away). Second one was a friend of My Beloved, she introduced us and arranged our first date (during the many years we knew each other, she introduced me to, and fixed me up with, a lot of her girlfriends, famously including a Cowboys cheerleader, and I introduced her to a lot of guys I knew, although I was not into the "fixing up" part. I introduced her to her first husband, and I have known her since she was 15 years old). We very rarely hear about her, and if we ever run into each other, we'll be as civil as we can be with a person who can blow air kisses at you one second and try to stab you with a fork the next. Last we heard, ten-twelve years ago, someone told My Beloved she had run into some legal trouble and was looking for someone to lend her money, so we changed the conversation right away...

Damn, I honestly haven't thought about this for years and years, thanks, I think...

As to what she thinks? My wife is well-centered and pragmatic. We often run into people we dated years ago, and it's always alright. She doesn't ask me what I do, and I don't ask her what she does (because none of it matters, then or now). It's a respectful, loving, trusting relationship not based on any sort of limits between us, and it's worked extremely well since we married in 1986... We are truly best friends.
Your current wife sounds like a real catch. How does she feel about your other first wife, who allegedly died at the age of 27 from cancer? Remember when you told us about her, back in 2012?

Quote:
I have lost irreplaceable people in my life, including my first wife, who died at age 27 of breast cancer. I will mourn her death (not "her passing," which implies a continuation of a journey) until the end of my days. I accepted her death in time, after a period of mourning and internal reflection, and moved on, dated, traveled, remarried, and went on with my life. But at no time did I think there was something watching, plotting, helping, punishing, hindering, comforting, rewarding, or guiding anyone beyond the very-capable medical personnel who tended to our needs during those awful months.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #53
Chris3Duke

Quote:
Your current wife sounds like a real catch. How does she feel about your other first wife, who allegedly died at the age of 27 from cancer? Remember when you told us about her, back in 2012?
Chris3Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #54
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
(I shouldn't be but I am)

OT never forgets.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #55
mistrzmiasta

that just happened.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 AM   #56
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Old 02-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #57
mistrzmiasta

^and dave.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #58
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
^and dave.
Wait... That's not Dave?? You serious Clark?
Old 02-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #59
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
wow i'm glad you made this thread at the time you did. i will be making the same thread in the coming months. in my case the **** has just hit the fan a few days ago and so i have a lot ahead of me. i guess all we can do , as hard as it is at times , is stay positive. thanks mach for sharing and i might PM you sometime.
Being on the same boat, I know its one of the worst times a man can go through. I got out alot, joined a board game group on meetup.com(find nerds), alot of bowling and ice skating. I think I wanted to cry so much at first becasue ice skating and rollerskating was such a freeing new hobbies. I do these now regularly. Keep your mind busy. But dont feel like you have to sidestep the process. We have to go through with it and once it gets done, it gets better. There is no easy way of emotionally dealing with it. I went through each emotion and feeling as they came and past and lingered and after alot of yapping about it and worrying about it it slowly became the past and new doors opened and I started having a regular schedule of detaching myself and what I thought was love and moved on. If more issues popped up(alot of shock) It got easier to deal with over time. In a sense though I did withdraw from other parts of my life, mutual friends, atleast until things got more stable. Your true friends will reach for you so dont let them hang becasue you feel down, do spontaneous tings and you will be happy you did.

I made so many excuses for the other person's actions. I couldnt talk about it months ago and only months not years) on here. But since its been over, its been the best few months in a long time. The fallout from it is bad, sure(therapy:deal with it, dont waste energy on negative ****). But is it bad as being accused in children court for terrible things? As bad as being with someone who does not try to love you or any other troubles of the heart? As bad as having to start that all over with those terrible new feelings? It only got better, incrementally but it does. I got better, even got mom put on 80 bucks on her credit card for my match.com account.

Like Buster Moon says in the movie Sing, "You know what’s great about hitting rock bottom, there’s only one way left to go, and that’s up!"

I liked that movie

"Can it be, we've run out of time? You're alive.. ohhh? In these streets we living to die. When it's your time, you will know..
..cause it ain't hard to tell. "
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #60
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
So true!

I learned this early on in life and have a zero bullsh1t policy with women (probably why I'm single). If I've learned one thing in life, it's that women are fvcking crazy. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but divorce stories make me never want to be legally attached to someone. Thankfully kids will never be in the equation...snip snip.

This thread immediately made me think of my brother who just got married to the SS (oddly enough her initials). She is a two face mega cvnt and he bends over backwards for her. If they ever get divorced, I know it's going to be a sh1t storm. A few years ago when he was living in Cook county they got in a fight and she started threatening to tell the cops he had illegal guns like his AR and too big of mags.

Well, back to bed.

Keep your head up Mach!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using E46Fanatics mobile app
You have to put your foot down early in the relationship, I see far too many 'yes' men out there. Most women initially will fall in love with those type of men and brag to all her friends about him. He cooks, cleans, massage, and paint my toenails. Then after a few years, she gets tired of that sh1t and will look for a real man. I have many female friends and I see it all the time, when they date an alpha male, they are all quiet and soft spoken then they date a super nice guy and they become loud, obnoxious, and a super b1tch. Same girl, completely different attitude.

Guys never learned, I have a good friend who got into a relationship with a girl we all knew. She's a major slvt, dated my brother, who called her, "psycho." When another friend talked to him about it and tried to get him out of that relationship. He got pissed off and said, everyone is just hatin and is jealous that he is happy in a relationship. They didn't last more than 2 years together, she turned out to be the phycho that we all warned him about. She drained him dry and took full custody of the daughter. Another one of my good buddy is getting married in July, one of my friend refused to be a groomsmen b/c he doesn't approve of the relationship. We'll see how this one turns out. Girls are all crazy, you just have to find the one that is least crazy.