E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #41
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I gave up cycling a few years ago after several friends suffered serious injuries, one right after the other over a single summer. I miss it but it's just too risky.
No kidding. I was towards the back of our group one time and saw a car back out of his driveway indiscriminately, nearly taking out three or four of us. Fortunately, we had a shoulder to bail on, so not one person dropped a bike.

Don't forget the people who go full road rage mode the second they see a cyclist.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #42
trizzuth

My Ride: 231k, 16yr old B3AST
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
It is a personal opinion, I grew up listening to these guys and truly believe the rock band and "real" musicians are becoming extinct, these guys were the last of that breed.

They had a discussion up here on the radio recently trying to name a band that came out in the past 5 or so years that could sell out a stadium, it was on sports talk but the guys who do the morning show used to be the morning guys on WBCN, the former alternative rock station up here, they coudn't name one nor could any listeners.
Jack Johnson, Gillette Stadium. /thread
Old 05-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #43
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Jack Johnson, Gillette Stadium. /thread
1) He has been around since 1999
2) He's not a rock band
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #44
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
1) He has been around since 1999

2) He's not a rock band

You ask for a band....gives you solo artist

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #45
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
That kind of makes me wonder, though: how many bands ever wound up selling out stadiums within their first five years of existence? I'm guessing the list is pretty short (relatively speaking), especially in the last couple of decades.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #46
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
That kind of makes me wonder, though: how many bands ever wound up selling out stadiums within their first five years of existence? I'm guessing the list is pretty short (relatively speaking), especially in the last couple of decades.
I agree with this, and it was discussed in the segment, but in all honesty there really aren't any bands that have come out recently that I could see getting to that level ever.

The next Rolling Stones is no where to be found.

Last edited by bgsmith; 05-19-2017 at 12:50 PM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #47
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Even Guns 'n Roses took a few years to get to stadium level, and that's touring behind one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I can't think of any rock bands that have come out recently that could ever fill those shoes. Be sure, though, there were plenty in the 90's-2000 era (Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot, Lamb of God and probably a ton of butt rock bands I can't remember).

Oh, Foo Fighters! The kings of butt rock.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #48
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Even Guns 'n Roses took a few years to get to stadium level, and that's touring behind one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I can't think of any rock bands that have come out recently that could ever fill those shoes. Be sure, though, there were plenty in the 90's-2000 era (Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot, Lamb of God and probably a ton of butt rock bands I can't remember).

Oh, Foo Fighters! The kings of butt rock.
Exactly, 15-20 years ago yeah they existed, recently though the true band, in all forms, is dying.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #49
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Exactly, 15-20 years ago yeah they existed, recently though the true band, in all forms, is dying.
I don't necessarily disagree that we're in a lull, but I believe you were saying that Soundgarden was the last of its kind. I just showed you there was an entire generation of music after they came along that packed out stadiums and festivals.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:17 PM   #50
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I don't necessarily disagree that we're in a lull, but I believe you were saying that Soundgarden was the last of its kind. I just showed you there was an entire generation of music after they came along that packed out stadiums and festivals.
I never said Soundgarden was the last of its kind, I said there are no more true multi talented musicians/frontmen coming out these days.

I hope it's just a lull but with everyone being able to produce music these days with a laptop I don't see many more true rock bands making it big.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #51
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
"Fell on black days" is still one of my most favorite songs of all time.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-23-2017 at 04:18 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:25 PM   #52
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Chris Cornell's songbook is an incredible album. I'm not a huge audioslave or soundgarden fan, but the first time I heard songbook I couldn't stop listening to it. "As hope and promise fade" is incredible. Seems like a fitting song given the circumstances...

Glight is offline   Reply With Quote