E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #381
WDE46

My Ride: '13 128i, '04 330Ci
Trumps and his supporters' motivation is that global warming isn't caused by man and we shouldn't do anything about it. They care more about keeping coal mines profitable than their long term impact on the environment.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

I have a dream that one day our children will live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of
their skin but by the color of their coolant.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #382
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
Trump is the guy who is trying to cut back on the stifling regulatory environment that Obama left us in (especially as it relates to the energy industry). Trump is trying to cut red tape and unnecessary regulations. You should be supporting these efforts.

He's (trying to at least) cutting red tape where it shouldn't be cut though. Pushing jobs back into coal is not the right thing to do and it has zero impact on the nuclear power initiative. All it does is bolster profits for his buddies and maybe even himself.

On the other hand, when you expect the government to "push" green technologies before they are economically viable, you end up with wasteful failures like Solyndra that suck hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars into a black hole (because of cronyism and incompetence) and provide no benefits in return. Thanks Obama.

I don't expect the government to "push" anything on its citizens, I expect private companies to "push" technologies. There are always going to be bad investments and Solyndra was one of them. Thanks Obama is fine to mention here but the thought process was in the right place to drive cleaner energy technologies. Just because of a failure like this it doesn't mean we should stop investing in stuff that has great promise and potential. Solar, wind, and tidal are definitely real technologies that have a huge upside with the right amount of investment (both public and private) at bettering efficiency and implementation. I'm not suggesting that we pour hundreds of millions of our money into metallic hydrogen development but I think it's safe to say that the current clean energy technologies do actually work but could use additional development to drop costs and boost performance.

Obama had 8 years to cut red tape in the nuclear industry (because, you know, climate change and all that). But he did nothing to cut red tape and promote nuclear power. Instead, he wasted our money on boondoggles like Solyndra and spent his time creating useless ineffective unworkable global climate change treaties and hobnobbing with AGW alarmists and delaying much needed US energy infrastructure projects.

So just because Obama didn't do it means Trump shouldn't either? Your argument here is irrelevant. I'm not opposed to the climate change treaties and his hobnobbing with whoever. It's better than the hobnobbing that Trump does with his buddies on how to screw people out of more money to further their own wealth.
See above.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #383
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
See above.
We agree that investing in metallic hydrogen is not a good idea (especially with taxpayer dollars).
The Solyndra example shows that the government should not be picking winners and losers in the race to develop economically competitive green energy technologies and business models.
That job should be left up to business folks, investors, technologists and engineers, and mister market.
When the gov invests other people's money (I.e. taxpayer dollars) in selected green energy companies, it invites cronyism and corruption as the Solyndra example so aptly demonstrates.
Now gov funding of fundamental scientific research is another story. There are many existing avenues for such basic research funding and scientific development. Examples include: universities, grants, NASA, DARPA, ONR, NIH, etc...

So gov funding of scientific research...yes. Gov funding of commercial entities...not so much.

----

As for your other comment concerning red tape...

I am in favor of cutting red tape (reducing unnecessary and oppressive regulatory burdens). Obama did not do this (he made the problems much worse). Trump is doing this (and I support those efforts). Clear?
ed17331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #384
miatard

My Ride: Chicken
Back on-topic pls:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/16/re...t-on-bill-nye/

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...solute-dog-st/

Thread in question:

https://www.reddit.com/r/television/...ew_show_sucks/

lale
miatard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #385
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Awesome:

From the second link:

"Reddit user “CMPluto” said: “This is my favorite Reddit thread of all time. Never have I seen, on Reddit, so many posters from seemingly many different walks of life, share such agreeement [sic]. Thanks Bill. You’ve become the idiot we don’t deserve, but we may need.”

According to movie and television review website Rotten Tomatoes, Nye’s new show has so far earned a 75 percent approval from professional movie and TV critics, but only a 29 percent approval from people who actually watched it. Rotten Tomatoes’ professional reviews, however, has so far been limited to only eight — six positive and two negative."

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics inspiration Robolop: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...87566&page=101

2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #386
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
It's a really awkward attempt at Bill Nye doing extremely liberal standup.

Sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk
Old 05-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #387
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR

Sent from my Pixel using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 05-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #388
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastBurrito View Post

Sent from my Pixel using E46Fanatics mobile app

PMPL (Peed My Pants Laughing)
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #389
camrydriver111

My Ride: 05 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Trumps and his supporters' motivation is that global warming isn't caused by man and we shouldn't do anything about it. They care more about keeping coal mines profitable than their long term impact on the environment.

I only trust scientists when they say the earth has been naturally warming and cooling over hundreds of millions of years.

When they say that carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels causes global warming in our lifetimes they are out of their ****ing mind. You can't possibly know that!

Pussy beta cuck alarmists.
camrydriver111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #390
sweet jones

My Ride: CLK, S54 E46 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrydriver111 View Post
I only trust scientists when they say the earth has been naturally warming and cooling over hundreds of millions of years.

When they say that carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels causes global warming in our lifetimes they are out of their ****ing mind. You can't possibly know that!

Very easy for a simpleton to throw out insults without any actual knowledge on the situation at hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	655619  
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #391
WDE46

Quote:

That's right. If you don't understand how the information was obtained, it can't be real!

You fulfill the ignorant righty stereotype quite well with this post. Good work.

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #392
miatard

My Ride: Chicken
Hello again everyone. I am a 20-something subject matter expert on many subject matters. I've read many WAPO and NYT articles and my opinions are highly regarded in their comments. I am thus qualified teach you the One and Only Truth - you should listen to what I have to say, as I am wise, well-read, and 20-something.
miatard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #393
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatard View Post
Hello again everyone. I am a 20-something subject matter expert on many subject matters. I've read many breitbart and infowars articles and my opinions are highly regarded in their comments. I am thus qualified teach you the One and Only Truth - you should listen to what I have to say, as I am wise, well-read, and 20-something.
ftfy
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #394
camrydriver111

Quote:
That's right. If you don't understand how the information was obtained, it can't be real!

You fulfill the ignorant righty stereotype quite well with this post. Good work.

Insert triggered feminist gay SJW meme here
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #395
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatard View Post
Hello again everyone. I am a 20-something subject matter expert on many subject matters. I've read many WAPO and NYT articles and my opinions are highly regarded in their comments. I am thus qualified teach you the One and Only Truth - you should listen to what I have to say, as I am wise, well-read, and 20-something.

Hello everyone. I'm an overweight uneducated alcoholic on my third marriage. I've read at least 100 breitbart articles on the subject and I've determined that my worldview and ego would be shattered if I learned any sort of truth. I've literally barely passed high school chemistry so I think my opinions are of equal weight to anyone else's.

Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM   #396
WDE46

Quote:
Insert triggered feminist gay SJW meme here

Dude you're nothing. It's in your ****ing user name. KYS.

Old Today, 06:52 AM   #397
camrydriver111

Quote:
Dude you're nothing. It's in your ****ing user name. KYS.

Triggered!!!

Who do you think pays scientist funding? If they stop pumping global warming they won't get paid anymore.

Also look at Leonardo Dicaprio.

Last edited by camrydriver111; Today at 06:53 AM.
Old Today, 07:24 AM   #398
WDE46

Quote:
Triggered!!!

Who do you think pays scientist funding? If they stop pumping global warming they won't get paid anymore.

Also look at Leonardo Dicaprio.

Good lord you're stupid

Old Today, 08:11 AM   #399
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Quote:

10/10

Sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #400
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
The lizard people are paying for climate research.

Also, the Illuminati are somehow involved.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote