E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1156 Socket vs 7507 Socket Help Please

16K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FalconBMW 
#1 ·
I purchased some taillights, turns, led bulbs, and what not from Khoalty, while installing them I noticed that I needed the 7507 bulbs rather than the 1156 bulbs I ordered. One of my sockets is FUBAR anyway, so the question is, can I just buy 1156 sockets? They should be interchangeable right?

If so, which e46's had the 1156 sockets rather than the 7507? A part number would be awesome :D

#3 ·
Yes. What but the contact points on the side are also different. I correct myself though, my car has the 7507 sockets, so I'm wondering if I can put in 7506 (1556) sockets.

#4 ·
Your car came with dual filament bulbs? Pics? No E46 should have dual filament bulbs afaik.

Anyway if your car has ambers, it should come with P21W sockets, if it has clears, it should come with PY21W sockets. Both sockets can be used in either corner style, but obviously using a white bulb in a clear turn signal housing isn't a good idea.

#5 ·
Just confused myself with the numbers TBH :facepalm:

My car has the 180 degree nubs, and I accidentally ordered the 150 degree nubs. I was wondering if I could swap the socket, but after speaking to khaolty they recommended just filing down one of the nubs,and it worked great. Guess it doesn't matter much since they are LED's anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.