E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Washing your car during winter

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  saxual328ci 
#1 ·
How do you do it?
I'm gonna attempt it on Jan 1. It's suppose to be in the 50s that day :woot: :yikes:
My plan is to rinse then use a bucket of warm water + soap and use reglar yellow rubber gloves under the wash mitt. Then I'll use the Mr. Clean Auto Wash thingy so the water beads right off and I'll just have minimal drying to do :thumbup:
What do you think? I really want to avoid taking it to a car wash :thumbdwn:

#2 ·
Red_wagen said:
How do you do it?
I'm gonna attempt it on Jan 1. It's suppose to be in the 50s that day :woot: :yikes:
My plan is to rinse then use a bucket of warm water + soap and use reglar yellow rubber gloves under the wash mitt. Then I'll use the Mr. Clean Auto Wash thingy so the water beads right off and I'll just have minimal drying to do :thumbup:
What do you think? I really want to avoid taking it to a car wash :thumbdwn:
yellow glove are for pssuy's. man its only 50 degrees. i washed my car twice when it was 29 degrees outside already. i believe there are no short cuts when taking care of your car. how ou treat your car will def reflect.

#4 ·
If you want to wash in the winter, i recomend you pick up some QEW, there are many reviews and how-to's on this product. Ive personally used it for the last 5 months and i have to say its a great product, no marring at all using a conservative wash method.

The product allows you to mix 2 oz's of the product into 2 gallons of water and wash like you regularly would, but you dry w/ a mf towel immediately after doing a panel. It is available at local rv places and is manufactured by Protectall. Great product, you may just want to use it year round, i do.

#6 ·
go to the 50 cent wash... that has garage doors.. and lock yourself in their.. make sure u bring ur own scrubber.. cuz the ones on the stick at the carwashes scratch ur car.. i do it all the time.. you can dry it in their too.. its not to cold.. i do it with like 10 degrees out.. i live in the cold state minnesota..

#8 ·
yellow glove LOL

I wash mine during my lunch break or midday. Take my car to a self serve wash with warm water sprayer and with my bucket. I'm loving the Amour All concentrated wash. It lathers up nice and leaves my black car looking like new. OH BTW I put on my water proof Nike's and a fleece line jacket. Wipe down the top parts first, to leeve no water spots. So far I've had 50 degree weather here. People still don't believe my car is 5 years old.

bling bling You guys have to try the Armour All wash. its great

#13 ·
Saxual328i, I also like the Armour All Car Wash, and it even leaves the car smelling great.... which I had never experienced before in a wash. :woot: But since I use Zaino I have become turned on to the Meguire's (sp?) NXT car was concentrate.....does not contain wax as many other washes do, and protects the NXT or Zaino style coatings..... :thumbup:

#15 ·
jbcritch I like to wash with hot/warm water so that the soap will lather. Never use the brush. But I think the last ower did , becuase I see a lot of scratches. Hot water helps to loosen the dirt. Inbetween washing I use Meguiar's wax. My car looks like its new. The shine last longer when I do both. For my rims I found Dupont ZYmol Wheel Cleanser keeps the brake dust off. I only use it once a month. Certain season I don't like washing from the house. It creates too many bugs. Besides I like the high pressure to get the road kill of the front bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.