E46 Fanatics Forum banner

How is this combo?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  SilvaBimma 
#1 · (Edited)
I am currently using meguiars deep crystal 3 step system. My car doesn't have any scracthes. Only has swirl marks but i can not remove swirl marks totally with this kit. I think i need a swirl mark remover or something like it and want to apply best combo for my car. My car's paint is metallic coloured gold (individual color) so it has light color. I made a search and decided to apply these steps.

1- Wash
2- Meguiar's Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner
3- 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover for Light Paints
OR Poorboy's SSR2
OR Poorboy's SSR2.5
4- Klasse AIO
5- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
6- Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax
7- Meguiar's NXT Generation Spray Wax

I need advise for the product choices and for the correct steps. There are any additional steps or unnecessary steps in my list? What is your opinions???

(Sorry for my bad english)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello randalmorn,

randalmorn said:
I am currently using meguiars deep crystal 3 step system. My car doesn't have any scracthes. Only has swirl marks but i can not remove swirl marks totally with this kit. I think i need a swirl mark remover or something like it and want to apply best combo for my car. My car's paint is metallic coloured gold (individual color) so it has light color. I made a search and decided to apply these steps.

1- Wash
OR Poorboy's SSR2
OR Poorboy's SSR2.5
4- Klasse AIO

I need advise for the product choices and for the correct steps. There are any additional steps or unnecessary steps in my list? What is your opinions???

I should point out that
the Step 6 and the 7 are unnecessary.

Once you have applied Klasse Sealant Glaze, you're done.
If you want additional layers/steps, simply wait a week or so, wash again, then apply another layer of Klasse Sealant Glaze (this time without Klasse All-In-One).

NXT has a cleaning agent in itself, so applying NXT over Klasse means taking away Klasse (wasting all the time, effort, and product you just spent).

Also, if you apply Poorboy's SSR or any other compound/polish, please make sure that you apply very fine polish/glaze as the last step before you apply wax/sealant.

Hope this helped,

Sincerely,

#3 ·
The 330i said:
Hello randalmorn,

I should point out that
the Step 6 and the 7 are unnecessary.

Once you have applied Klasse Sealant Glaze, you're done.
If you want additional layers/steps, simply wait a week or so, wash again, then apply another layer of Klasse Sealant Glaze (this time without Klasse All-In-One).

NXT has a cleaning agent in itself, so applying NXT over Klasse means taking away Klasse (wasting all the time, effort, and product you just spent).

Also, if you apply Poorboy's SSR or any other compound/polish, please make sure that you apply very fine polish/glaze as the last step before you apply wax/sealant.

Hope this helped,

Sincerely,

the sealant will only protect the glaze, hence after this you will need to wax, so yes i would use nxt tech wax, no need to use the spray wax during this process (step 7)

#4 ·
Hello audis3,

audis3 said:
the sealant will only protect the glaze, hence after this you will need to wax, so yes i would use nxt tech wax, no need to use the spray wax during this process (step 7)
I am not even going to ask you whether you know what Klasse Sealant Glaze is.

However, I am going to ask you - if you want to apply NXT, which has a cleaning agent in itself, over Klasse AIO and SG, then what is the point of applying them in first place?

You put time, effort, and product to apply [and to stay on], then you remove them right after?

Sincerely,

#5 ·
I do some search and you are right. nxt wax is a cleaner wax. S100 is the best choice for the last step and for my pocket. So is this the perfect combo?

1- Wash
OR Poorboy's SSR2
OR Poorboy's SSR2.5
4- Klasse AIO
5- 3M Imperial Hand Glaze
6- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (x2 / x3)
7- S100 Carnauba Paste Wax

klasse aio is a cleaner/polish so i thought that i need to use glaze after it. and another question is can i also use aio in step 2 instead of meguiars? Or is it better to use meguiars? :hmm:

thank you for your interests.

#6 ·
randalmorn said:

1- Wash
OR Poorboy's SSR2
OR Poorboy's SSR2.5
4- Klasse AIO

A replacement for steps 5, 6 and 7 is Zaino Z2 Pro which would look nice on that color. Klasse AIO is a good prep for Z2 Pro.

Regards,

Dan.

#7 ·
The 330i said:
Hello audis3,

I am not even going to ask you whether you know what Klasse Sealant Glaze is.

However, I am going to ask you - if you want to apply NXT, which has a cleaning agent in itself, over Klasse AIO and SG, then what is the point of applying them in first place?

You put time, effort, and product to apply [and to stay on], then you remove them right after?

Sincerely,
Hi 330i

what i posted was just my opinion, i didnt mean to come over like a smart ass or anything,sorry, i could be completely wrong (most of the time i am! :thumbup: ) but ive done quite a bit of reading and tried different waxs, glazes and sealants.

what ive read and where from!

taken from "better car care"

Show Car Tricks
Detailers that prepare show cars will often layer a carnauba wax on top of a synthetic wax. The synthetic wax acts as a gloss layer, while the carnauba wax adds depth and a wet-looking appearance. One combination that works well is an initial coating of Klasse All-In-One followed by one or more coats of P21S Carnauba Wax.

Apply and buff the first coat of wax as you would normally, and allow it to cure for 12 to 48 hours. Follow with a second coat. Note that the first coat of wax must have time to cure. If the wax does not cure (harden), the second coat will not improve your car's appearance or protection. With properly applied coats of wax, you will see a noticeable improvement in depth, richness of color and gloss with the second coat of wax. Adding more layers is a subjective matter, although many concours winners use multiple layers to produce the desired depth.

SUMMARY
Regular waxing is necessary to protect your car's paint from the elements. In addition to sealing and protecting, waxes and sealants also improve the appearance of freshly washed and polished paint. If you use the right products, you can successfully layer waxes and sealants to make your paint look deeper and almost liquid.

again taken from better car care...

THE PERFECT SHINE™
The Perfect Shine™ is a simple process that reliably achieves the best shine possible on any paint finish. Follow these steps and product recommendations:

Wash your car twice with a high concentration of car wash solution. I recommend 1Z Perls Shampoo. If your car is excessively dirty, you can use Dawn dish-washing liquid. If you do, be sure to rinse thoroughly.

After washing and drying, examine your car's paint with your hand. If the paint is not perfectly smooth, use a paint-cleaning clay system and clay lubricant to remove the surface contamination.

When the paint is clean and free of surface contamination, examine again for minor surface damage. If you find heavy scuffs or surface scratches, repair these flaws with a fine rubbing compound or scratch remover. If your paint has swirl marks and other minor micro marring, use a swirl remover polish. I also use swirl remover polish to remove any surface hazing created by using rubbing compound. You can polish by hand or machine. I prefer to work by hand unless the paint has heavy damage or swirl marks.

Now it's time to glaze your paint to bring out its full gloss potential. For this I recommend a fine hand polish. I typically use a product like P21S Paintwork Cleanser or SONUS Paintwork Cleanser. If your paintwork is already in perfect condition, you can skip this step.

Once perfectly polished, your paint is ready to be sealed. For this I use a product that's been protecting my cars since 1987, Klasse All-In-One. The Klasse acrylic formula has proven its quality to me again and again. Klasse All-In-One is a one-step acrylic resin that cleans, lightly polishes and protects paint with a durable acrylic finish. The best way to apply Klasse All-In-One is with a foam applicator pad. Klasse All-In-One contains cleaners that remove previous layers of Klasse All-In-One. If you wish to apply additional Klasse acrylic protection, you can apply one or more coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Klasse Sealant Glaze does not contain cleaners; it is a pure acrylic sealant. Additional layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze will increase protection and finish depth.

You're almost there. The final step, the literal icing on the cake, is waxing. You may be asking, "After polishing and sealing, why wax?" The answer lies in the richness of color, depth and clarity that only a high-quality carnauba wax can bring out on a polished surface. For this job I reach for Pinnacle Souveran. Pinnacle Souveran Wax is a true show car wax. Compared to other show car waxes of similar formula, Pinnacle Souveran offers the most stunning results on black and red cars. Pinnacle Souveran brings out a warmth and depth on red and yellow that is hard to duplicate. On black and dark blue cars, the paint looks like a reflection in a pool of water. Close seconds to Souveran are Pinnacle Signature Series and P21S Carnauba Wax.

so thats where i got my info, ive tried it and it worked fine with me, got a great finish but really time consuming. Once again im not trying to be a smart ass im just pointing out where i got my info, but yes using just the sealant will be ok, depends how much of a die hard cleaning nut we all are!! :p

ive also used this above routine with nxt and again thought it was really good, not a pure carnuba wax, but it worked very well.

we are all individuals and our opinions will be allways different, im just happy with mine routine, its just as good as anyone else's! :thumbup:

#9 ·
BUMP

Finally in couple of days i am ordering some products but still can not decided the right steps and products :hmm: . My car has light swirl marks on it. I will do all the job by hand :woot:. My car's paint is individual and called "metallic coloured gold". What is your opinions about the steps and products? Any additions or removals?

1- Wash
OR? Poorboy's SSR2
OR? Poorboy's SSR2.5
4- Klasse AIO
5- 3M Imperial Hand Glaze
OR? Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax

#10 ·
MPPC cleans very well, SMR is good for very light swirls and filling, AIO is a great acrylic layer and cleaner. So here are the steps your trying to do:

1) Wash - Good
2) Paint Cleaner
3) SMR for Swirls
4) Paint Cleaner
5) Glaze
6) Sealant Glaze - Another one
7) Paste Wax

Your repeating your prep way too much. Go with:

1) Paint Cleaner / Polish - SMR to AIO if you have light swirlsif not just AIO
2) Glaze or just Sealant Glaze
3) Paste Wax - Either. The Combo will look good, but P21S I guess.

Hope I could help.

#12 ·
SilvaBimma said:
Your repeating your prep way too much. Go with:

1) Paint Cleaner / Polish - SMR to AIO if you have light swirlsif not just AIO
2) Glaze or just Sealant Glaze
3) Paste Wax - Either. The Combo will look good, but P21S I guess.

Hope I could help.
So i think it is the correct order or i understand wrong?

1- Wash
4- Klasse AIO
OR Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.