E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Cleaning Dash and seats

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Gir 
#1 ·
Why do you guys say not to use armor all. I've been using it on all my cars from a 1976 CJ7 to a 2001 BMW 330ci. I've never had any problems. I have a friend that has used armor all on his 1970 stingray since he bought it 35 yrs ago and uses it on his 2001 M3........even on his leather seats.

#2 ·
Hoyshel said:
Why do you guys say not to use armor all. I've been using it on all my cars from a 1976 CJ7 to a 2001 BMW 330ci. I've never had any problems. I have a friend that has used armor all on his 1970 stingray since he bought it 35 yrs ago and uses it on his 2001 M3........even on his leather seats.
there are better products like lexol that dont contain silicone. silicone looks good at first but you have to keep reapplying the stuff to maintain the look. i think the stuff looks gross and smells terrible. also it is to shiny for my taste.

#3 ·
I like using Pinnacle leather conditioner for my seats. I also follow up with some 303 Aerospace Protectant to protect against the sun. I use 303 Aerospace on the rest of my interior materials also. :thumbup:

#4 ·
Mike Brown said:
I like using Pinnacle leather conditioner for my seats. I also follow up with some 303 Aerospace Protectant to protect against the sun. I use 303 Aerospace on the rest of my interior materials also. :thumbup:

303 :thumbup:

Lexol is an ok leather conditorner that you can buy locally.

You will get a better finish on you dash and better protection with a high quality product. Armorall contains silicone and may harm your seats or dash over time.

Steve

#5 ·
Hoyshel said:
Same here...works like a charm!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.