E46 Fanatics Forum banner

How often do you wax your car?

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  djsway 
#1 ·
Suggestions?

#2 ·
First this should be in the detailing forum

I used to wax every other week. Now I sealed it with Zaino and I keep up a coat once a month. It protects better and lasts longer. If you do it right it'll give you that wet shine you'll get from a caranuba wax.

Unfortunatly with full blown winter on me, today it was -1 I can't keep it clean =/

#3 ·
I wax my car every 1-3 months, depending on what use I really give it and overal condition of paint to my personal likings. For regular "paint maintanance" like these...stay away from strong pastes that require lots of scrubbing...those are normally used for when paint is in a "not-to-good" condition...if used regularly...it eats up your clear coat.
I used all the lliquid products on my car from Maguirs. Specifically the "Show Car Glaze"...and "Show Car Wax"...I also have the Spray-on detailer which I used it every other day to keep my car clean...obviously when there is no excess of dirt on it...etc. :thumbup:

#7 ·
once every 6-8 weeks. :)

#11 ·
Every 3 months :thumbup: :shhh:

#18 ·
Personally, about every 2 weeks I get sick of the combo that's on my car and try to do something differently to see how it looks and if I like it better or not.

Realistically with proper maintenance you should only have to add a protectant to a car once every couple of months, and maybe even less frequent with some of the better polymers on the market today. Alot of this will also depend on how often the car sits outside and for how long? I'm fortunate enough that my car is in a garage all day at work and sits in the garage at home as well so in the past I've had experiences with Zaino and Klasse SG lasting up to 6 months. Results could be skewed because of how little my car is actually outside even though it's a daily driver.

Andy

#19 ·
Same here my car is on a covered parking at home and at work!
I waxed it on monday and it looks good!
Look at the sig! That was taken monday!Its a mirror

#22 ·
Here is my opinion- All of these awnser could be correct. I believe it depends on many factors.
Is your car garaged?
What is the climate in your area?
What kind of wax or sealant do you use?
What kind and how much driving do you do?
How often do you wash your car and what kind of soap do you use?

I am sure there are other factors too but you get the idea. For me I do it every couple months.

#23 ·
twice a month maybe less but more if I could. I'm addicted to detailing my car...
BTW I have been using NXT and that stuff works great, but I waxed my ride recently with 100% pure carnauba Pinnacle Signature Series Wax and WOW! What a difference! That stuff gives my car that wet look! Awesome wax! :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.