E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Can a Pioneer or Alpine NAVI unit be used with a non-Pioneer/Alpine monitor?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JuBu 
#1 ·
I have a monitor already installed in my car (picture shown below) connected to a DVD/mp3 player so I was wondering if I could purchase a NAVI unit (either Pioneer or Alpine) and connect it to my monitor? I guess that would mean that the Alpine or Pioneer NAVI unit would need to somehow have RCA video/audio outputs in order to connect to my screen.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

PS-I'm an E36 guy just visiting the boards since no one on BimmerForums or DTMPower seems to know. :p

See less See more
#2 ·
My understanding is no for any navi that uses a touch screen. In theory, it should be able to be done that way with the apline, since it uses a remote. But, I would guess that Alpine does not support it.

#3 ·
Alpine can do it

JuBu said:
I have a monitor already installed in my car (picture shown below) connected to a DVD/mp3 player so I was wondering if I could purchase a NAVI unit (either Pioneer or Alpine) and connect it to my monitor? ...
Yeah it's possible for Alpine...check out Crutchfield and look for product: Alpine KCE-021N in short it allows you to use Alpine Navi with non-Alpine screen.

LINK: Alpine KCE-021N

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.