E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#28,841 ·
#28,842 ·
Here's another!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Alloy wheel

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#28,844 ·
Half way through my OFHG, gonna finish tomorrow. My back...

Helps to have the whole car on jack stands so you don't have to bend over as much!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#28,851 ·
This past week I've:

-Washed her inside and out
-New Pilot Super Sports
-Detailed leather
-replaced starter
-Replaced temp sensor on SMG pump
-Resistor mod for SMG blues (Pump still kicks to Neutral when it is 100F outside, but not as easily as it once did... still a bit frustrating, but that temp is pretty rare where I live... might sell her come fall for something different, who knows)

#28,858 ·
Went with Bosch for ~$140+core.

How long did it take you, and did you do it from the top?
Knowing how all connections come off, and not having to wait for a wrench (e12) to ship.. would take probably 4 hours or so.

I noted this elsewhere, but you'll (probably) have to do what I did and grind down your torx wrench (outer side, of course) to get the wrench to slip over the nut of the starter and fit between it and the transmission.

#28,859 ·
A few things...

Plasti-dipped the inside chrome (lines) on the front grills (left the outer part chrome), made the tail lights all red, waited for fedex to make sure I received my ECS Tuning front strut bar...

Doing smoked side markers, engine bay cleaning, and strut bar install this weekend... Pics coming after a Saturday morning spent with a 335i and A4 3.2 Quattro :thumbsup: