E46 Fanatics Forum banner

the best angel eyes for an m3

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  TeKNiC330 
#1 ·
:thumbup: whats the best kit for an m3??

#2 ·
The daily thread about DDE's...use the :search: function. There are countless threads about these.

Basically the run down is like this. There are two leading kits out. the GenV and the Phosphyre rings. The GenV are more OEM and less bright but more classy. They require drilling, well dont require but it's strongly recommended, and have these annoying and FUGLY light boxes. But they do retain that classy OEM look.

The phosphyres are cathode ray tubes that dont require drilling and are very easy to install. They are however a bit more modern and have that neo look. IE they arent very OEM looking but they are cool.

Depends on what you want and are going for...take your pick...

#4 ·
Question about Angel Eyes install

1HOTBMW said:
Their is only one choice worth mentioning. The DDE Lightnings from Umnitza. Everyone has them for a reason, and thats because they look so damn good. The install is also very easy. If you get a set you won't be disapointed. -Michael. :thumbup:
I got a set blue demon angel eyes from ebay. They came with instructions but they are pretty bad. My question is that each set of angel eyes, right and left side, both come prewired, and end with one positive and one negative connection, no balast or anything like that, and in the instructions it says "remove the parking light bulb. Connect the wires to the lines that supplied parking light. Gray (+) Brown (-)"

Any idea how I should hook these up b/c that does not really make sense to me??

Thanks,

Chuucher

#5 ·
Chuucher, I think that they are basically telling you to wire the Angel eyes to your paking lights, and connect the positive of the angel eyes to the (+) on your parking light wire, and the same with the negative. Even if you wire them to your parking lights, then they would have power when you put on your parking lights, but I still don't understand how they would light up if they don't have any type of ballast or light box to light them up. :dunno: Like you said, you got them from ebay and they are most likely crap, so my advice to you would be just to get a set of quality DDE's from Umnitza. Also, you said that yours are blue, and you are just asking for a ticket with that color. Sorry I can't shed some more light on your situation, it doesn't make too much sense what they are telling you to do. Just another thought, you can just temporarily test what they would look like by grounding the negative of the angel eyes and putting the positive to your car battery and seeing if they light up. Thanks -Michael. :thumbup:

#8 ·
GenV is leading? :lmao:
Phosphyre Halos are the best selling, most popular, and most highly regarded DDE kit ever to hit the market, period. As BMWERKEN said, every kit has it's ups and downs, but we and every other DDE vendor on this board (now including Bimmian) chooses to sell Phosphyre Halos for a distinct reason.

Check out www.jlevistreetwerks.com for some more pictures and information, or email us with any questions you may have- info@jlevistreetwerks.com

#10 ·
Dude, you know what most of us are not a vendor, we might be a satisfyed customer of the product that we purchased. Don't knock some because of that.

I'm really sick of you (and you know who) being condescending when ever you see someone posts anything that threatens a sale for you. That's why I took my money else where with my pasts purchases and always will. :thumbdwn:

jlevi said:
Phosphyre Halos are the best selling, most popular, and most highly regarded DDE kit ever to hit the market, period. As BMWERKEN said, every kit has it's ups and downs, but we and every other DDE vendor on this board (now including Bimmian) chooses to sell Phosphyre Halos for a distinct reason.

Check out www.jlevistreetwerks.com for some more pictures and information, or email us with any questions you may have- info@jlevistreetwerks.com

#11 ·
He and his said:
let it also be known that you live in NYC so in the winter mths they'll take some time to light up since its cold outside..........other than that, the halos look the best :thumbup:
Thats not really much of a problem. I don't know if I have an exception, but I live in NY and during the winter they lit up in under a minute. -Michael. :thumbup:

#12 ·
coffee said:
Dude, you know what most of us are not a vendor, we might be a satisfyed customer of the product that we purchased. Don't knock some because of that.

I'm really sick of you (and you know who) being condescending when ever you see someone posts anything that threatens a sale for you. That's why I took my money else where with my pasts purchases and always will. :thumbdwn:
wow....he's just simply stating the facts. He's not making him buy his kit and he never talked **** about your kit either. You're trippin....

#13 · (Edited)
jlevi said:
...As BMWERKEN said, every kit has it's ups and downs...
Badmouthing? I can't have a preference?

I always find it comical how when I made these comments <b>before</b> I was a vendor, everyone thanked me for saving them, and protecting their headlights from drilling, cutting, and hot fiberoptics. Now that I took the initiative to help bring what I believe to be better products (and what I've always preferred) to the E46Fanatics community, I'm all of a sudden viewed as a ruthless salesman out to make money above all other priorities?

It's a shame you choose not to do business with us simply because we are active on this board and voice our experience and opinions on products we know and love.

JL

#17 ·
jlevi said:

jlevi said:
Badmouthing? I can't have a preference?

I always find it comical how when I made these comments <b>before</b> I was a vendor, everyone thanked me for saving them, and protecting their headlights from drilling, cutting, and hot fiberoptics. Now that I took the initiative to help bring what I believe to be better products (and what I've always preferred) to the E46Fanatics community, I'm all of a sudden viewed as a ruthless salesman out to make money above all other priorities?

It's a shame you choose not to do business with us simply because we are active on this board and voice our experience and opinions on products we know and love.

JL
JLevi....Coffee does have a point there. It is perfectly fine for you to state your preference, as you already know, many people do.

But, in your post, you are simply not ONLY stating your preference, but seems like you were acting as a salesguy at a shoe store trying to make a sale.

Going from that, it does get "kinda" annoying to always see your post, defending a product YOU sell. But I'm looking aside from that because I know you're just starting out. I had the same feelings as coffee does, but I think I'm more than wlling to give you some of my business :)eeps: DPE's :eeps: ) later in the future IF your business practice changes.

#18 ·
JLevi, to level with you, I'm just not comfortable with the way some vendors here choose to market themselves overall. Bashing anything isn't good especially if it's competion. True, you should feel that your product is better and I'm not saying it is or it isn't but when I went to buy a car, I went to Audi first and the sales man was very fluent and confident in the Audi (rightfully so) but then he started bad mouthing BMW and Benz. Needless to say, I left and he lost what really was close to a secured sale. Sometimes it comes accross that you are arrogant and cocky about your product(s). And in this thread, your opening statement below just reaffirmed it to me again.

"Originally Posted by jlevi
GenV is leading? :lmao: "

Sorry bro, I'm not tring to be against you in this or anything. I'm just being honest.

#19 ·
TeKNiC330 said:
JLevi....Coffee does have a point there. It is perfectly fine for you to state your preference, as you already know, many people do.

But, in your post, you are simply not ONLY stating your preference, but seems like you were acting as a salesguy at a shoe store trying to make a sale.

Going from that, it does get "kinda" annoying to always see your post, defending a product YOU sell. But I'm looking aside from that because I know you're just starting out. I had the same feelings as coffee does, but I think I'm more than wlling to give you some of my business :)eeps: DPE's :eeps: ) later in the future IF your business practice changes.
Hey man, Supreme is really awesome to deal with for DPE's. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and it was really a good expeirence there.

#20 ·
Coffee and Teknic, I completely understand, I guess I'm just tired of people emailing me and saying "I got GenV's but I don't like them, can I have a discount on those new ones if I trade GenV in?" :cry:
I don't say this to brag, I honestly get a lot of emails like that and I always feel bad that people have spent their money on a product they don't like, and damaged their headlights.

Ofcourse, this isn't to say that people don't like the GenV's. I'm sure there are TONS of people who don't email me because they love the OEM look of their GenV's.
From experience, however, I find that my customers who upgrade badmouth the GenV kit and are very impressed with the Phosphyres. This ofcourse could be psycological because it's a cleaner and brighter setup, and they've read so much about others liking them, but who knows.

Also, Teknic- we have a deal with SPP and DPE for DPE wheels, and if you are more comfortable dealing with a local, I'd be happy to talk to you about a discount considering I've known you for so long :thumbup:

JL

#21 ·
jlevi said:
Coffee and Teknic, I completely understand, I guess I'm just tired of people emailing me and saying "I got GenV's but I don't like them, can I have a discount on those new ones if I trade GenV in?" :cry:
I don't say this to brag, I honestly get a lot of emails like that and I always feel bad that people have spent their money on a product they don't like, and damaged their headlights.

Ofcourse, this isn't to say that people don't like the GenV's. I'm sure there are TONS of people who don't email me because they love the OEM look of their GenV's.
From experience, however, I find that my customers who upgrade badmouth the GenV kit and are very impressed with the Phosphyres. This ofcourse could be psycological because it's a cleaner and brighter setup, and they've read so much about others liking them, but who knows.

Also, Teknic- we have a deal with SPP and DPE for DPE wheels, and if you are more comfortable dealing with a local, I'd be happy to talk to you about a discount considering I've known you for so long :thumbup:

JL

It's cool dude, I'm happy with them and hey, when I get tired of the look and the BIG boxes in my engine I'll shoot you a PM... :thumbup:

#22 ·
coffee said:
Hey man, Supreme is really awesome to deal with for DPE's. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and it was really a good expeirence there.
Yup, I'll be sure to contact both SSP and Jlevi. Thanks :thumbup:

jlevi said:

JL
Yea, cool stuff. :thumbup: I'll let you know when I'm ready. See you at B-Fest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.