E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Vancouver Fanatics (and others who have coilovers)....

762 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  02'topaz 
#1 ·
Question for all of you who have had coilovers installed or any suspension components for that matter...How much am i looking at in terms of cost? Any specific recommendations of shops? Testimonials?

On a side note, I called Auto West today, seeing that I purchased my car from there and they do have a developing performance division and I was mainly concerned about warranty issues; however it turns out that regardless of where I get them installed, they're going to void "select" components of my suspension...In other words if a problem ever arises that could be slightly linked with suspension theyre not covering it. I was quoted 8 hours of labor at $102.50 an hour. Now I know I have no experience with a coilover install, but that is just plain rediculous. The coilovers are gonna run me like 1300US and an additional 1000CDN for install!!Theres no way I could ever justify that, even if I had the money which I dont. This is very disappointing to finally save up enough for wheels and suspension to have them quote me such a rediculous figure. :banghead:

Help me out guys...

Thanks in advance

#5 ·
yea i know of a couple shops that do euros, just wanted to hear from your guys experiences just so i can avoid all attempts of any shops trying to screw me, either by overcharging or by doing a ****ty job. Schools over so ill definitely have time to do my "other" homework :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.