E46 Fanatics Forum banner

I got "got"...or PDACPA told me so...

583 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Derek_325Ci 
#1 ·
i'm was almost too embarassed to post this because my keyhole cover "awaiting install" has been in my sig for about 4 months, but tonight i got "got"...and PDACPA told me to put in the cover about 2 weeks ago, but did i listen???????? ;)

Garden State Plaza mall, a notorious spot in NJ, claimed my driver side lock. i knew it was a gamble bringing my car to the mall, but on a rainy monday night, i thought it was pretty safe, not to mention i got a spot about 10 spaces from a main entrance in a well light/highly trafficed covered lot.

i put my messenger bag for work and my backpack for the gym in the trunk because i'm a paranoid new jerseyian even on rainy monday nights in well lit/highly trafficed parking lots...i came out to the car, put my shopping bags in the trunk, pressed the key button to unlock the door, got in and noticed my sunglasses and some papers on the passenger side floor...glove box - open, center console - open, ash tray - open, little stash box in the dash - open...owners manual was not in the car, and luckily for me i have a tempermental central locking button that might have deterred them from exploring the trunk...

they did a very professional job of popping the lock and didn't damage anything else, nor do they appear to have stolen anything (being a theft victim 4 prior times has taught me to never leave anything you want to see again in your car...)...so tomorrow morning, before i head to work, i'll put in the keyhole cover...i'm having a friend machine me a slug for it this week also.

just curious, but does anyone else here think that the thieves come to the message boards to read and see who they hit? :confused:

See less See more
#2 ·
dude that sucks, and that would be f*cked up if they came on the board afterwards... it's probably a buncha Civic owners hating. Somebody run over to the biggest Rice Board and look for a post "broke into an e46 tonight"....haha

on a more serious note, sorry to hear about it. Now you'll be protected with the keyhole cover. Do you have the OEM alarm? That woulda gone off and scared the **** outta the thief if he had done what he did.

DO THE DIY ALARM!!! :read:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.