E46 Fanatics Forum banner

The Night Before Delivery Day

919 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  audioaffliction 
#1 ·
Well, it's been a roller-coaster ride, especially the last 48 hours, when all my plans changed. The bottom line is that I will be picking up my new car tomorrow evening after work. :yikes: I'm just wondering if you guys have any final bits of advice to impart before D-Day?

I'm feeling kinda weird, because I was in waiting mode for the last month, fully expecting another month before delivery. And now I'll have the car, albeit not the one I ordered, this time tomorrow night. I guess it hasn't sunk in yet. Oh well, I guess I won't get much sleep tonight. :thumbup:

#7 ·
Well, I swore never to go there again after getting my Saab serviced there (they tried to rip off my wife by quoting $600 for brake pads), but I ended up getting the car from Herb Chambers. I was really surprised at how polite and friendly they were to me and my wife--we're young-ish and were dressed pretty sloppy when we went in this Saturday on a whim.

#8 ·
If I could do it over again I would have taken a day off and picked mine up in the morning. I was so miserable and unproductive at work... plus I picked my car up on a Friday which made it 10x worse. Congrats though... I'm sure you'll be like a 6 year-old on Christmas Eve.

#11 ·
Yeah, I've looked at the checklist before--thanks, though. Just wanted to see if there were any other tips out there. I'll also bring my digicam along to shoot the car from every possible angle, although I'm not sure how much light will be available at pick-up--not sure if the car will be in the showroom(doubtful) or on the lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.