E46 Fanatics Forum banner

e46 Passenger side roof moulding sliding forward....

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jforest2000 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All. I am new to the forums but I did search extensively before posting.

I have a 2002 325i and the molding shown as #13 here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=ET37&mospid=47720&btnr=51_3267&hg=51&fg=20
[/URL]

on the passenger side has been inching forward over time (now about 2"). There is now a gap (about 2" of forward travel) where part #14 usually is seated under #13 (referred to in the above link as well as picture #1). I am trying to figure out how to slide this back into place...or do I need to remove it?

As you can see from picture #2 it is traveling forward.

It obviously moved forward over time but sure doe not want to slide backwards....

I have been trying for some time to find the answer to this. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the help.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Open both rear and front doors and slide it back into place. The rubber piece at the end of the gutter in front should sit perfectly at the tip of the fender panel (near the upper arrow in your 2nd picture). You may want to loosen the bolt (near the bottom arrow) push the panel back in and retighten the bolt to prevent it to slide again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.