E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Guyss I wanna do thiss

5K views 54 replies 37 participants last post by  ac_2007 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this if anyone has what do I need exactly! but it'l look so cool..

I GOT THIS

and I want to turn it into this

Any idea on how to do it!? thankss

See less See more
#5 ·
You're looking to "facelift" your car. Off the top of my head, you're going to need:
- hood
- fenders
- head lights
- lower head light trim
- M-Tech II bumper and all the fittings (wheel arch housings, brackets, supports, etc)
- Style 135m wheels
- M-Tech II rear bumper
- Shadow line trim

You're not talking cheap here.

#6 · (Edited)
I assume he is referring to the facelift...

In three words : "Don't do it" (could be four if you expand the contraction).

Anyway, it would be cheaper to sell your car, buy a facelifted e46, and buy your friends a round of shots to celebrate than it would to "facelift" your car.

#16 ·
You can't just change the hood. His hood is for facelift version. Look carefully at your car and his. Look at the headlights, see how your headlight corner points down while the black car points up. His is called 'facelift' version 2002+.

Basically to stay cheap, without having to get fenders, hood and painting etc...

Start with the front bumper and wheels. This will be most noticeable. Then if you want change out your suspension for a drop go with that.

An everyday person won't be able to tell a difference between the hood or if your corner lights are facelift or non.

#27 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this if anyone has what do I need exactly! but it'l look so cool..

I GOT THIS

and I want to turn it into this

Any idea on how to do it!? thankss
OP, since you're new(ish), I'll be nice. Based on the comments above, to get close, you're talking thousands I guess, and what do you get out of it? The same car with different looks.

Instead, I'd say take that money, start off with a new cooling system (what's your mileage?), do fuel filter, air filter, clean icv and tb and replace rubber wherever you see it--belts, bushings, vac lines. Replace your ofhg, vcg, and vanos seals. You'll want a new ccv, plugs, coil boots.

Gummi pflege your gaskets on door, trunk, and hook.

I'm pretty sure that all this stuff hasn't been done. Based on my experience, if you spend your money getting what you want, you'll be out of money when you need it the day after you're finished and won't be able to afford the new battery you need...just saying.

Don't get mad at me...I'm old...and just tried to explain, maybe, why you've heard all this 'negative' talk. It's really for your benefit. The bmw you have is all underneath the covers...the stuff you want to change. Instead, fix up what you have and you won't car what it looks like at all, because it will drive like it's meant to. It could be bright pink and you wouldn't care.

#28 ·
Alright I think I'm being misunderstood on what I'm trying to acomplished forget the facelift I just want a front conversion make my 2000 323ci look like a 2005 330 basically I don't care if its facelift or not lol I don't care about the wheels either..
so basically I'm saying
- Hood
- Fender
- headlights
- Headlights molding
- Front bumper.

#29 ·
Alright I think I'm being misunderstood on what I'm trying to acomplished forget the facelift I just want a front conversion make my 2000 323ci look like a 2005 330 basically I don't care if its facelift or not lol I don't care about the wheels either..
so basically I'm saying
- Hood
- Fender
- headlights
- Headlights molding
- Front bumper.

Yeah. That's a facelift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.