E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #21
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Get better soon.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
best wishes man!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #23
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
Re: MJLavelle

Who?

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #24
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
MJLavelle

Get well soon man!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
...and a bump for MJ. Guys...he's been in the hospital for 6 weeks now because of an infection...serious stuff given his already weakened condition from chemo.

I'm not sure his wife is reading this thread to him or not, but you can always PM him and send along good wishes.

Anyway, keep the wishes coming...he could use them and certainly deserves them.

Come on, MJ...up and at 'em!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #26
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
MJ is very active in General so a lot of you in OT may not know him. He is a smart guy with great contributions here. He didn't post all that much but when he did he had good stuff to say.

That's why I wanted this to stay in General a while (a moderator moved it) because the point was to show as much support as possible from the people he interacted with most. This may not get the exposure I had hoped for in OT but either way glad to see us cheering him on.

nice graphic marshmellow. All those minions rooting for him! And all us minions too!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #27
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
...and a bump for MJ. Guys...he's been in the hospital for 6 weeks now because of an infection...serious stuff given his already weakened condition from chemo.

I'm not sure his wife is reading this thread to him or not, but you can always PM him and send along good wishes.

Anyway, keep the wishes coming...he could use them and certainly deserves them.

Come on, MJ...up and at 'em!
Definitely. MJ's wife reads all his PMs to him.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #28
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
We are gonna stick this thread for a couple of weeks Get well soon.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #29
aldeghij

My Ride: 2003 330i
Take care MJ. Hoping for a speedy recovery.... Prayers are with you and your family.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #30
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
Get well MJ. I've said a few prayers for you after receiving your note a couple months ago.
tcphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
Could we all pitch in to send him an edible arrangement? Maybe with a BMW logo on the card?

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #32
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
Definitely get well soon!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #33
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Get well soon MJ!
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #34
GSherbs

My Ride: 2002 330 xi
Stay positive! Stay strong! Fight hard!

Thoughts are with you!
GSherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #35
Mrs.MJLavelle

My Ride: Matthews BMW 3??
Hello guys! This is Mrs.MJLavelle - Wendy, and I decided to create my own account so I could come on here, and post some updates on his condition, and let you all know how much Matthew, sorry, I forgot his secret BMW identity - MJLavelle appreciates the messages and good wishes.
From what I gather, Matthew has not shared much about his condition, except with a few people. The truth is that Matthew has Lymphoma, which is cancer of the lymph nodes. I have a feeling that he has not shared just how serious it really is with anyone. Cancer of the lymph nodes is extremely serious. If you have ever known someone who has had cancer, you probably have heard someone say that they caught it in time, because it has not spread to the lymph nodes. They say that because it is good news. I have heard that a hundred times from other families at the hospital. It is always said with a sense of relief. But, in Matthews case, it started in the lymph nodes, back in 2010. We wasted a year in Charlotte trying to find a doctor who could diagnose it. No one seemed to know what it was. But one doctor suggested that we go to the Mayo Clinic in Minesotta. They diagnosed it on the second day there. But, we lost a lot of time during that first year in Charlotte, and it was very advanced by the time they found it. He refused chemo for the first 6 months, because he was convinced that just removing it would be enough. He changed his mind once it started to spread. He responded well to his first round of chemo. He seemed to get better, and was convinced that he was in remission.
He was doing well enough that we went to northern California to look for houses. The day before we left, he had an ear ache, and a sore throat. By the time we landed in San Francisco, he had lost his voice. At the end of our 10 days there, he was so sick that he changed his flight home for a flight to Minesotta. He made me go back to Charlotte. By the time I arrived home, he was already being prepped for surgery. They removed more cancerous lymph nodes, and started chemo again. He has gone back every 3 months for more chemo since last July. The trips are very hard on him, since it is a 4 hour flight there and back, and he refuses to let me go with him. So, he deals with the effects of chemo alone in a hotel in Minesotta, and flys back to NC as soon as he finishes. I am a nervous wreck the entire time.
About 8 weeks ago, he started getting worse. He would be sleeping when I left for work, and still be in bed asleep when I came home in the evening. He was not getting better. He was sleeping 18hrs a day. I finally called his doctor at the Mayo, and they were able to arrange a private jet to fly us to the Mayo Clinic in Minesotta the next day. There is a group of private jet owners who donate their jets for medical flights when they are not using them. If you or someone you know participates in this program, I can not thank you enough!
It turns out that Matthews immune system was so weak that he had developed a rare infection. That is why he is in isolation, and can not have his phone or iPad. Everything in the room has to be sterilized, and anyone who goes in the room has to wear a sterile suit. So far, he is responding well to the treatment. But the treatment is not a permenent solution. His body is not producing the white blood cells he needs to fight infection. It is also producing red blood cells that die too soon, so they have to give him red cell transfusions.
If you would like to know more about the particular type of Lymphoma that Matthew has, here is a link - http://www.lymphoma.org/site/pp.asp?...mK8E&b=6300145

As you can see, there are not a lot of options for treatment that have not already been tried. At this point, he needs a bone marrow transplant. The problem with that is that his last surviving family member, his mom, died in 2010 before he was diagnosed. So, there is no family member to get bone marrow from. There are also no matches in the National Bone Marrow Registry.
At this time, the one thing we would ask for is for those of you who read this to consider registering to become a potential donor in the National Bone Marrow Registry. Chances are, none of you will be a match for him. But, you may be a match for someone out there, so please consider registering. Here is the link -
http://m.marrow.org/
Right now, our hopes are focused on Stem Cell Therapy. Because of the many limitations on Stem Cell research here in the US, his doctors feel that his best chances are at this Clinic in Switzerland http://www.unil.ch/deo. We are scheduled to go there on Oct 19th, if they are able to stabilize him enough to travel.
Thank you all for your support. I have been trying to read the posts to him, and it is good to know that a group of strangers that we have never met are offering their prayers and support._nr_
Mrs.MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #36
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Wendy, I am extremely sorry to hear about his condition and from the bottom of my heart you have my best wishes. I have messaged him a few times about car things and he seems like a truly genuine person. The both of you and loves ones should not have to endeavor what is going on.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #37
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
MJ,

We do miss your contributions around here! So many times I've read your no-nonsense posts and thought to myself: I wish I'd said that! Keep up the fight (sounds like you are doing your best)! We'll look forward to seeing you back here when you're ready.

Wendy,

Thank you for coming forward and letting us know what is happening. Many of us have know friends or family who have been in similar situations. As difficult as it is for Matthew, we know that it is no walk in the park for the spouse/partner/primary care-giver, either. It is not easy to "open up" about the kinds of challenges that you and your husband are facing, but if just one more of the listers signs up to be a marrow donor, then it was worth it. You have a good one in Matthew and my thoughts and prayers--along with those of many other list members--are with the both of you.
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
The Thomas J

My Ride: 2002 325Cic
I hate reading things like this. Thoughts & prays. Stay strong MJLavelle.
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #39
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Get well soon, MJLavelle

Best wishes and prayers to you and your family. Get well soon brother.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #40
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Thank you, Wendy for the update. I am glad to hear about Matthew's response to the treatment but will continue to keep him in my thoughts for his continued recovery. I did not know it was as serious and complex as this.

All the best Matthew, the E46fanatics family has your back. Get better, bud. We'll see you soon

OVER A MILLION VIEWS