E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #61
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Canadian-born Texas senator Cruz says he is eligible to be president

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Funny how Donald Trump is mum about Senator Cruz...

leader of the Birther movement....all quiet on the western front when it comes to a Republican born outside the US.
Yeahhhhh, this isn't even news yet.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #62
ti317
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 592
My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I believe ti317 is black. Seems like you're a racist.
Been black all my life but I guess if I don't think and act like certain white people want me to, I'll get attacked till I know my place.

Larry, tell me what opinions I have your permission to hold please.
__________________
Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
ti317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #63
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 504
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I believe ti317 is black. Seems like you're a racist.
Figures the fat kid brings up race. Between you and AoG you can't avoid it. Lair didnt mention anything about race.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #64
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Thought he was born on a base in Panama? Thus making him a natural US citizen.
Correct, that was the resolution of the issue. People were bringing it up. He pulled out his birth certificate and deaded the issue.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #65
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Do you feel the same way towards Obamacare?
I dislike it, but it is the law. We have to follow it unless it is repealed. Unfortunately, Obama thinks he can just choose to grant waivers and not enforce certain portions of it because there is an election coming up and no one likes this bill.

Again, rule of man instead of rule of law. Long live the king!
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #66
ti317
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 592
My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Funny how Donald Trump is mum about Senator Cruz...

leader of the Birther movement....all quiet on the western front when it comes to a Republican born outside the US.
I would never know what Trump thinks or says. I watch most TV on delay and fast forward past him whenever I see his face. As I said before, the birther kooks were encouraged by the Obama people so they could use them to discredit valid dissent. On many instances I have heard POTUS pull out the birther card to defend against criticism of his policies.

As for Cruz, all that matters is what the courts hold. The Constitution does not define "Natural born citizen" so the courts must until laws are passed defining the term.
__________________
Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
ti317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #67
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
I would never know what Trump thinks or says. I watch most TV on delay and fast forward past him whenever I see his face. As I said before, the birther kooks were encouraged by the Obama people so they could use them to discredit valid dissent. On many instances I have heard POTUS pull out the birther card to defend against criticism of his policies.

As for Cruz, all that matters is what the courts hold. The Constitution does not define "Natural born citizen" so the courts must until laws are passed defining the term.
When more than half of the Republican party (at one point) were birthers, how could the POTUS not bring up the issue? The Obama admin ignored the movement for a LONG time so as to not give credence to the movement.

Also, I'd love to see these "many instances" where Obama pulled the birther card, because to my memory he had only mentioned it but a few times.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #68
//Maxwelljuppercut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: il
Posts: 229
My Ride: e46
Quote:
And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond Sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born Citizens: Provided, that the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States
Quote:
Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, to a Cuban father and an American mother.
/thread
__________________
//Maxwelljuppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #69
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
I would never know what Trump thinks or says. I watch most TV on delay and fast forward past him whenever I see his face. As I said before, the birther kooks were encouraged by the Obama people so they could use them to discredit valid dissent. On many instances I have heard POTUS pull out the birther card to defend against criticism of his policies.

As for Cruz, all that matters is what the courts hold. The Constitution does not define "Natural born citizen" so the courts must until laws are passed defining the term.
I don't care about Cruz or where he was born. At least not yet. My issue is with Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Yeahhhhh, this isn't even news yet.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/politi...ent/index.html
Quote:
Birther-in-chief Donald Trump, who appeared to be running singularly on that issue in 2011, was more restrained when he was asked if Canadian-born Cruz was eligible to be president. "Perhaps not," Trump told ABC News on Sunday. "I don't know the circumstances. I heard somebody told me he was born in Canada. That's really his thing," said Trump, who could face Cruz in a GOP primary if both men follow through with runs they appear to be teasing.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #70
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Figures the fat kid brings up race. Between you and AoG you can't avoid it. Lair didnt mention anything about race.
Of course I didn't. Racism (and accusations of racism) is just another weapon in the rightwing assh*le arsenal.
__________________

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #71
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
Been black all my life but I guess if I don't think and act like certain white people want me to, I'll get attacked till I know my place.

Larry, tell me what opinions I have your permission to hold please.
You don't need my permission to have opinions, but feel free to play the victim if you think it helps your case.
__________________

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #72
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond Sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born Citizens: Provided, that the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by //Maxwelljuppercut View Post
/thread
father is a US citizen, now, and has resided in the US

but, not at the time of birth I think

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-14-2013 at 07:46 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #73
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Of course I didn't. Racism (and accusations of racism) is just another weapon in the rightwing assh*le arsenal.
hilarity ensues
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #74
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by //Maxwelljuppercut View Post
/thread
Where is that quote from?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #75
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
I don't care about Cruz or where he was born. At least not yet. My issue is with Trump



http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/politi...ent/index.html
I don't know why you are arguing this. Do you think anyone here is going to deny that Trump is partisan?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #76
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I don't know why you are arguing this. Do you think anyone here is going to deny that Trump is partisan?
Green Shine made a prior comment to my comment about Trump not commenting on Cruz. I wanted to refute him.

This was in regards to my prior comment on how Trump is calling out Obama, but not Cruz, or even McCain for that matter. Double standard and/or hypocrisy.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #77
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 504
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Where is that quote from?
Not your reference manual.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #78
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Green Shine made a prior comment to my comment about Trump not commenting on Cruz. I wanted to refute him.

This was in regards to my prior comment on how Trump is calling out Obama, but not Cruz, or even McCain for that matter. Double standard and/or hypocrisy.
Well, in that case, lets be honest here....there are no elections yet and Cruz isn't running yet. Its a bit premature to jump down Trump's throat about something he couldn't possibly do yet. If the events actually happen, I would agree with you, I doubt Trump would raise a fuss, but who knows. If someone really believes in what this country is all about, parties aside, they should shun that behavior. I don't care who attemps to run for president in terms of party...if they are not eligible, I don't want them to run.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #79
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Not your reference manual.
Almost every post you made towards me in this thread is a personal attack. If you are not interested in debating this, then you are just looking to insult. Kinda petty if you ask me.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #80
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Well, in that case, lets be honest here....there are no elections yet and Cruz isn't running yet. Its a bit premature to jump down Trump's throat about something he couldn't possibly do yet. If the events actually happen, I would agree with you, I doubt Trump would raise a fuss, but who knows. If someone really believes in what this country is all about, parties aside, they should shun that behavior. I don't care who attemps to run for president in terms of party...if they are not eligible, I don't want them to run.
um... that's why I posted this previously in this thread, how he's "restrained" about Cruz and his citizenship status

Quote:
Birther-in-chief Donald Trump, who appeared to be running singularly on that issue in 2011, was more restrained when he was asked if Canadian-born Cruz was eligible to be president. "Perhaps not," Trump told ABC News on Sunday. "I don't know the circumstances. I heard somebody told me he was born in Canada. That's really his thing," said Trump, who could face Cruz in a GOP primary if both men follow through with runs they appear to be teasing.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-14-2013 at 08:22 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use