E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #161
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
You "show" using unreliable or 2009 data. The Heritage data that you keep citing was never a part of the formula. It only came in because I lumped it in with the other biased sources.

Get me some CBO data showing that current revenues as a percentage of GDP are at, or near all time lows and define near. I can also claim they are near all time highs with as much credibility as you.

I have one brother. He is simultaneously my best and worst brother. That is as much sense as your claim makes.
But you said they're not low or lowest. You were shown data that confirms this. You stick to your statement but provide no evidence to either support yours or disprove the opposite.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #162
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
You "show" using unreliable or 2009 data. The Heritage data that you keep citing was never a part of the formula. It only came in because I lumped it in with the other biased sources.

Get me some CBO data showing that current revenues as a percentage of GDP are at, or near all time lows and define near. I can also claim they are near all time highs with as much credibility as you.

I have one brother. He is simultaneously my best and worst brother. That is as much sense as your claim makes.
That "unreliable" data comes from the OMB, which gets some of its data from the CBO.

Also, where do you think this quote came from?

Quote:
Over the past 40 years, federal revenues have ranged from nearly 21 percent of GDP, in fiscal year 2000, to less than 16 percent, in fiscal years 2009 through 2012; they have averaged about 18 percent of GDP over the four decades. In addition to projecting the future course of federal revenues, CBO analyzes the budgetary and economic effects of various features of the federal tax system and the effects of potential changes to current tax rules.
Here's a hint: http://www.cbo.gov/topics/taxes

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 08-23-2013 at 09:52 AM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #163
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Back on topic - are republicans stupid enough to nominate a Canadian?
Why not? Some of them were stupid enough to vote for a Kenyan.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #164
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
That "unreliable" data comes from the OMB, which gets some of its data from the CBO.

Also, where do you think this quote came from?

Here's a hint: http://www.cbo.gov/topics/taxes
OMB? Yeah a really unbiased source. News flash! Everybody uses CBO numbers, its what they do with them and how they slant their analysis that matters.
This is making my hind end tired.
Forgive me if I don't reply to your next diatribe.

Also CBO is like a computer, it only returns answers based on parameters given. Hint, this country is older than 40 years old, so a 40 year span is not our history.

Last edited by ti317; 08-23-2013 at 01:45 PM.
ti317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #165
evolved

Quote:
OMB? Yeah a really unbiased source. News flash! Everybody uses CBO numbers, its what they do with them and how they slant their analysis that matters.
This is making my hind end tired.
Forgive me if I don't reply to your next diatribe.

Also CBO is like a computer, it only returns answers based on parameters given. Hint, this country is older than 40 years old, so a 40 year span is not our history.
So, show me data that proves your point. Please.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 08-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #166
'busa

Quote:
So, show me data that proves your point. Please.
Really? What use is it going to be?
Quote:
Old 08-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #167
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
But you said they're not low or lowest. You were shown data that confirms this. You stick to your statement but provide no evidence to either support yours or disprove the opposite.
Wrong! Try that on the folks you hang with who maybe are not bright enough. If you make a claim,it is incumbent on you to prove it, not me to disprove it.

Now Im really done with you. It is more gratifying to hold a dialogue with my torque wrench.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #168
'busa

Quote:
Wrong! Try that on the folks you hang with who maybe are not bright enough. If you make a claim,it is incumbent on you to prove it, not me to disprove it.
I asked:
Quote:
Aren't taxes near all time lows?
You questioned as if it wasn't true:
Quote:
And your source is? What do you call near? Within 5 percentage points of GDP? 15 points?
Then you obfuscated:
Quote:
Funny it required a 2 page dissertation to tell whether a declarative statement was true or false and even then it got a "mostly true".
If I make a statement of fact, it is either true or not. Note they had to make assumptions and extrapolations to arrive at their conclusion.

They freely interchanged marginal tax rates with effective tax rates, made assumptions about the tax payer being hedge fund managers (Im sure there are just millions of people who fall into that category) and set arbitrary time frames.

Politifact is more politics than fact. That is why I research things myself, trying to use government sources as much as possible.

Add to it that they were only doing the gyrations on Federal INCOME tax, not total tax burden. I used to work for a municipality that bragged that it never raised its tax millage but kept increasing water and sewer fees, storm water fees, fire protection fees, building permit fees etc.

Never mind that you are citing 2011, before Obama extracted the tax increases from this Congress.
Then you attacked the source:
Quote:
Do you even know who sponsors politifact? Or what it is? It only has a stellar reputation among Liberals. But regardless, you didn't address the fact that the entire diatribe you posted was written before this year's tax hikes.

FYI, the Tampa Bay Times saying the President was "mostly true" in his claims that taxes are low, does not constitute evidence that taxes are "near record lows"
Then you kinda, sorta, for the first time made something resembling a declarative statement, in between insults and more obfuscation:
Quote:
However, for those who do pay Federal income tax that is not the case and Federal revenue as a percentage of GDP is not at or near record lows.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #169
evolved

Quote:
I asked:

Then you obfuscated:

Then you kinda, sorta, for the first time made something resembling a declarative statement, in between insults and more obfuscation:
And he has yet to prove ANY source or backup for his last claim. I feel like this shouldn't be that hard, lol.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #170
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
47% of us voted for an American - and he won twice.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #171
'busa

Quote:
And he has yet to prove ANY source or backup for his last claim. I feel like this shouldn't be that hard, lol.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #172
evolved

Quote:
Wait a second, I missed this gem.

You're being sarcastic with the Kenyan comment.........right?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #173
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
47% of us voted for an American - and he won twice.
Has anyone heard from Herman Cain lately?

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #174
ti317

Quote:
Wait a second, I missed this gem.

You're being sarcastic with the Kenyan comment.........right?
Duh! Of course! We all know the President is really an Indonesian Muslim.

Last edited by ti317; 08-23-2013 at 09:02 PM.
ti317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #175
ti317

Quote:
I asked:

Then you obfuscated:

It is obvious that you can't be insulted, so I don't try. You may sense one frustration in my responses. Just go back and look at your own posts. You posted a politifact quote that almost took up and entire page on the iPad interface and have the temerity to call my 10 line response bloviating.

You make an assertion with no supporting facts, just opinion and then demand I disprove your assertion and wonder why I am not respectful or respecting of that sort of idiocy?

As they say on my block ni*** please!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #176
evolved

Quote:
It is obvious that you can't be insulted, so I don't try. You may sense one frustration in my responses. Just go back and look at your own posts. You posted a politifact quote that almost took up and entire page on the iPad interface and have the temerity to call my 10 line response bloviating.

You make an assertion with no supporting facts, just opinion and then demand I disprove your assertion and wonder why I am not respectful or respecting of that sort of idiocy?

As they say on my block ni*** please!
So, you have nothing to back up your claim.

Got it.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig