E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Camelot
Posts: 86
My Ride: ///M, GTI, SUPERMOTO
Talking More Modern Way of Living (lol)

__________________
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God

not sure if srs
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 08-11-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
not sure if srs
Who ever wrote that letter is, more is the pity. Each side has it's fair share of uneducated morons.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 08-11-2013 at 12:11 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Who ever wrote that letter is, more is the pity. Each side has it's fair share of uneducated morons.
who ever wrote it was from North Carolina too, a traditionally conservative state.

and in before JJ.

Funny how when it comes to the 2nd amendment, conservatives state that the Constitution/BoR gives them the right to bear arms. Then people like JJ turn around and so no, no, the Constitution/BoR doesn't grant rights at all, it is supposed to prevent government from over stepping its authority.

So which is it? Does it, or does it not grant rights? I say it does.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-11-2013 at 12:49 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Lair
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
False flag.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
who ever wrote it was from North Carolina too, a traditionally conservative state.

and in before JJ.

Funny how when it comes to the 2nd amendment, conservatives state that the Constitution gives them the right to bear arms. Then people like JJ turn around and so no, no, the Constitution doesn't grant rights at all, it is supposed to prevent government from over stepping its authority.

So which is it? Does it, or does it not grant rights? I say it does.
so would you believe that the constitution grants you the right to freedom of expression or does it protect that right? do you believe that many of the rights outlined in the constitution are natural born?
__________________

Last edited by Sentaruu; 08-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
Big Rick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 12 acres on the river
Posts: 1,524
My Ride: 325Xi
I'm neither Republican or Democrat. I see good and bad things from both sides. But the guy who wrote that article was a kook!


..."But because the Constitution was written 100 years ago...."

__________________
NWS and Advertising Removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
You don't outgrow stupid.

Last edited by Big Rick; 08-11-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
so would you believe that the constitution grants you the right to freedom of expression or does it protect that right? do you believe that many of the rights outlined in the constitution are natural born?
I believe that our Constitution/BoR grants rights and therefore protects it. Lets be clear though, that is my interpretation.

No, I don't believe rights are inherent. Nor do I believe they are unalienable. Case in point is the Declaration of Independence where it states

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
If a life can be taken away, it therefore cannot be unalienable.

I laugh when people say "God given right". I say ok, show me God in the Constitution/BoR

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-11-2013 at 07:37 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
who ever wrote it was from North Carolina too, a traditionally conservative state.

and in before JJ.

Funny how when it comes to the 2nd amendment, conservatives state that the Constitution/BoR gives them the right to bear arms. Then people like JJ turn around and so no, no, the Constitution/BoR doesn't grant rights at all, it is supposed to prevent government from over stepping its authority.

So which is it? Does it, or does it not grant rights? I say it does.
I learned this in grade school (were you sick that week?). The bill of rights DOES NOT give anyone, any rights.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 08-11-2013 at 04:39 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I learned this in grade school (were you sick that week?). The bill of rights DOES NOT grant anyone, any rights.
We've had this discussion before. Yet you Houdini'd yourself out the thread. Care to revisit?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=999300&page=4 , post #63

Does this sound familiar from another thread which you have still yet to answer?

Quote:
The Constitution says that it is the law of the land. As such, all U.S. legal prescriptions, proscriptions, and rights must come from it, come through it, and/or be consistent with it

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-11-2013 at 04:50 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post

If a life can be taken away, it therefore cannot be unalienable.
Lolwut

Murder is illegal... But it still happens so it must not be illegal
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
We've had this discussion before. Yet you Houdini'd yourself out the thread. Care to revisit?

Does this sound familiar from another thread which you have still yet to answer?
Quote your source of that quote
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 08-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Lolwut

Murder is illegal... But it still happens so it must not be illegal


quoted for idiocy. Just because I think something is alienable does not mean something should be legal. I don't think the two necessarily have to go hand in hand.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-11-2013 at 09:03 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Quote your source of that quote
http://psl.jhu.edu/faculty/faculty-p...A41267AEC5BD47

and further bio:

http://www.amazon.com/Christopher-Dr...h/e/B001HMPAVO

now you quote what teacher taught you in grade school
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
http://psl.jhu.edu/faculty/faculty-p...A41267AEC5BD47

and further bio:

http://www.amazon.com/Christopher-Dr...h/e/B001HMPAVO

now you quote what teacher taught you in grade school
The BoR protects what we all were born with innately from government overreach. Protect, not grant and its not all inclusive

The gov's power and role is limited by only granting it certain functions, nothing more
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 08-11-2013 at 04:50 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
The BoR protects what we all were born with innately from government overreach. Protect, not grant and its not all inclusive

The gov's power and role is limited by only granting it certain functions, nothing more
I agree on the not all inclusive part and the govt's role and power is defined. Where I don't agree is the rights part.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
The constitution does not grant rights. There is no interpretation. You're wrong.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
The constitution does not grant rights. There is no interpretation. You're wrong.
right, I'll just take your word for it.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
I agree on the not all inclusive part and the govt's role and power is defined. Where I don't agree is the rights part.
Ask yourself...

If the BoR GIVES you the rights listed in it...
That means you lack any specific right NOT listed in the BoR

Based on your logic... You have no right to born a child, masturbate, eat Captain Crunch, mow your lawn or drive your car.

I'm starting to think you also believe that laws makes things legal too
Everything is illegal unless a law says otherwise, eh?
Guilty until proven innocent?
Government has ALL POWER unless limited?

I can keep going...
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 08-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Ask yourself...

If the BoR GIVES you the rights listed in it...
That means you lack any specific right NOT listed in the BoR

Based on your logic... You have no right to born a child, masturbate, eat Captain Crunch, now your lawn or drive your car.

I'm starting to think you also believe that laws makes things legal too
Everything is illegal unless a law says otherwise, eh?
Guilty until proven innocent?

I can keep going...
No, not necessarily. As you just said, it's not all inclusive. secondly, those rights not covered were deferred to the State and individual

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=999300&page=4
Quote:
Furthermore, citizen rights, including State rights exist since individual and states rights that are not abrogated by the Constitution remain with the individual and the states - as covered in the 9th and 10th amendments.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-11-2013 at 04:59 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use